rent arrears court claim against me and showing my financial documents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe one of my creditors £32000, (more than half of this is their solicitors costs) after speaking with Business Debtline and preparing a budget I offered them £440 per month.

They got a order for me to attend court for questioning.

I went to the court with the documents requested which were statments for all bank accounts, HMRC returns etc.

Their solicitor was there and asked me questions regarding my income, (although they hadn't listed their questions before hand)

After court the solicitor wrote and asked me to supply my bank staments since 2017, I replied they have seen all my current financial position and ability to pay.

They have written back today to say they are trying to deal with this amicably and if I dont send through what they want they will get a court order and those further costs will be added on to my debt.

Can they get a court order to see that far back?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

You may find the following useful....

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part71/pd_part71

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

WHat order did the court make? Is it a private debt or business debt

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Can you post more info on the debt please, and what was said/happened in court?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

it's for rent arrears,

It was an N316 order to attend for Questioning.

They gave me the form to fill in before I was taken into a room with the court official and creidtors solicitor.

The court official read through the form checked some information, then asked me to read the oath.

The solicitor then asked some questions, "was that my only income",

I pointed out where all my income was on my bank statements.

She asked about income I had while I was renting from her client.

I told her it wasnt on the remit for questioning.

She asked a few more things but I can't remember what it was.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

thread title updated for better clarity upon your issue

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you read the link on the relevant CPR I posted in post #2 ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So what have you received from the court since that hearing ?

And what was said at the end of the hearing...did the court give directions ? tell you to mediate with the claimant ?

The claimant had 14 days to respond...what date was this hearing ?

Oh well there way over that...and you dont seem to be able to offer any details ....ignore them until you hear from the court.