• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

1987 HFC Bank loan account PPI - HSBC says NO RECORDS NOW

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HSBC now owns HFC Bank in Brighton.

I wrote to HSBC Coventry PPI claims office giving my name, DOB and precise former address, last week,

but they replied to say: no records of my account can be found after 32 years,

and that they are not legally obliged to retain documents beyond the statutory period if an account was closed.

I also opened a Loan Account in Bournemouth and fully repaid around 1983.

-- same answer from HSBC: no records.

I myself have retained no records whatsoever, but I am absolutely certain I had those accounts, and 70% sure there was PPI as was standard custom in those days.

Is this a dead end?

Should I invest in £10 requesting a SAR,

if so SAR sent to HSBC Coventry or to HFC Bank in Brighton?

Later to complain to FOS if we suspect HSBC does have records?

Thanks to all for sharing experience.

Youll be extremely lucky to get any paperwork from that far back. Most banks struggle from the early 2000's, let alone from 30+ years ago.

SAR's are also free now, but youll likely just get a response saying "no records found".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

we know hfc DO hold records back that far even though they had the mass shredding exercise in the 90's when PPI broke.

HFC still exist send them an sar to the headoffice ...its free now click sar.

see the IMS21 threads for more info

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks.

I will send SAR to HFC Bank head office.

I presume this would be HSBC, p o box 5207 in Coventry?

That is precisely the office which sent me a reply saying they have nowt records on me going back to 1980's.

If they do have my records but say they don't, then in response to my SAR they will have to repeat their first-time lie, but second time with legal penalties for giving a misleading SAR response.

Is there any precedent reported in CAG where HFC was brought to book like in my case? Many thanks for your time.

ask for a certificate of destruction from the relevant data controller.

use the search CAG box of the top red toolbar

there are relevant posts here whereby someone went through all this of recent and when they asked for the certs of destruction, lo and behold everything came to them.

don't believe a word they tell you.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What a good idea, thanks.

On my SAR I shall additionally request a certificate affirming the date of my data destruction, exactly what data was destroyed, and authorised by whom.

I shall make clear if HSBC/HFC fails to unearth past data for my lawful PPI reclaim, that I then intend to make a formal request to the FOS suggesting an explicit audit of nonspecific alleged data destruction resulting in foiling of my PPI reclaim.

I shall make clear that when my research plus online experience gleaned from fellow consumers nationwide such as from CAG, exposes past precedents of "data not found" hurriedly replaced by "data found" when Certificate of Destruction was requested, that such HFC/HSBC conduct constitutes a pattern of cover-up designed to thwart the law of England.

Based on evidence and witnesses I would request a fullscale audit of HFC/HSBC refunds by FOS..

ask for a certificate of destruction from the relevant data controller.

use the search CAG box of the top red toolbar

there are relevant posts here whereby someone went through all this of recent and when they asked for the certs of destruction, lo and behold everything came to them.

don't believe a word they tell you.

Can I ask what phrases to type in the CAG search box to find the relevant posts ?Thanks very much

Can I ask what phrases to type in the CAG search box to find the relevant posts ?Thanks very much

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486689-PPI-on-old-debts-credit-cards&highlight=hfc

Hi Rosequeen, have a read, but so far this thread has not shown comprehensive happy ending. I searched for keyword HFC. I have yet to receive SAR response from HSBC re HFC old old account.

or

hfc ppi destruction

and they

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486689-PPI-on-old-debts-credit-cards&highlight=hfc

Hi Rosequeen, have a read, but so far this thread has not shown comprehensive happy ending. I searched for keyword HFC. I have yet to receive SAR response from HSBC re HFC old old account.

Hi Mistermind, thanks for your response. I'll try it later.

Going back to your thread about getting old data from HFC/HSBC. Based on personal experience I think you'll struggle because this bank and several others do not admit to holding transaction history further back than 2001. I don't believe any of them, because a few years ago a certain bank was fined when the FCA discovered they were misleading FOS and held customer records from before 2000.

When this review was published I requested my credit card statements for a closed account from 1996 and they sent all copies, having previously said they weren't available.

I wonder if the FCA conducted reviews of all the other major banks might they find similar practices?

I've still got three outstanding PPI complaints that cannot proceed because the lenders say they cannot find the details. So unless something changes before August this year, mine and many other customers will not have their complaints investigated. I really hope you get a positive response to your SAR. Please let us know on here

claims already in the pipeline are not subject to the aug 2019 cut off.

its for new claims.

and they

Hi Big Fish,

Latest posting by you was 6 years ago. In intervening time has there occurred any happy ending, or just happier Such a ? HFC evidently hide behind the non-availability of evidence, then when pressed persistently they dribble out data like giving blood. A group submission could be organised resulting in a letter signed by multiple aggrieved CAG users, to demonstrate a pattern of behaviour on the part of HFC to evade legitimate PPI refunds.

Such a joint complaint detailing the experience of multiple injured parties will carry more credibility with IOC, FOS, FCA. HSBC/HFC CEO can be told in no uncertain terms this communal experience of HFC victims can be made available to the national press, i.e. to HSBC customers worldwide.

As for DD's I suspect your bank is likely to have retained info on beneficiary of DD. Once banks have captured such data and stored them on disk, they usually retain same for a very very long time, because retention is much simler than destruction.

My new posting on long-running HFC tussle thread:

:

Hi Big Fish,

Latest posting by you was 6 yearsicon ago. In intervening time has there occurred any happy ending, or just happier Such a ? HFC evidently hide behind the non-availability of evidence, then when pressed persistently they dribble out data like giving blood. A group submission could be organised resulting in a letter signed by multiple aggrieved CAG users, to demonstrate a pattern of behaviour on the part of HFC to evade legitimate PPI refunds.

Such a joint complaint detailing the experience of multiple injured parties will carry more credibility with IOC, fosicon, FCA. HSBC/HFC CEO can be told in no uncertain terms this communal experience of HFC victims can be made available to the national press, i.e. to HSBC customers worldwide.

As for DD's I suspect your bank is likely to have retained info on beneficiary of DD. Once banks have captured such data and stored them on disk, they usually retain same for a very very long time, because retention is much simler than destruction.

Barclays Bank refunded my £900 PPI premiums plus interest etc 2 weeks after only one typed letter from me supplying all details. Albeit that was from 2003-2007, No attempt to wriggle, obfuscate, evade. Well done Barclaycard. Shame on HFC.

If a number of other CAG users feel they have reached runaround deadend stalemate on HFC refusing to refund, I would consider organising a group-signed letter submission for enhanced credibility and high profile. Be assured when I compose a letter marshalling all the facts it will read like a mailed fist inside a velvet glove, the reader will be left in no doubt that settling is cheaper than fighting.

My own PPI mis-selling has always been unarguable, as throughout I was self-employed with no salary, and I never tried to claim against PPI..

Edited by dx100uk
merge

My SAR to HFC is pending response from HFC. When HFC come back to me as in other cases with zero I shall find myself with nothing to lose, my PPI refund being hopelessly dead and buried. .

At the point in time I shall be content to collate together depositions from others in the same boat. Their similar stories

detailing obstruction and evasion will expose a pattern of HFC/HSBC behaviour deplored by FCA/IOC/FOS..

Harvey Weinstein was a rich and powerful mogul,. But when a large number of his "me too" victims broke cover and exposed similar stories this exposed an infamous modus operandi which in the glare of full disclosure brought down said rich and powerful mogul. In a free country public opinion should not be underestimated. There so many of us.

We little people. We can stand together. We shall be heard.

The problem with trying to start a pressure group is that our stories are anecdotal, we've got no proof, other than a sneaking suspicion, that banks do have and are concealing data from customers. If you took it to court a judge would probably say it's hearsay. I'm hoping the FCA will instruct the banks to settle all their outstanding PPI complaints before the deadline.

I had a HFC complaint about five years ago, for a loan I took out in 1996. It was one of the few lenders I had records for, so I sent in a copy of my loan agreement but they wrote back saying they needed to see evidence of my loan payments which I managed to obtain in a SAR to my bank and received proof in the form of microfiche transaction lists.

HFC accepted this and refunded all the ppi premiums I had paid.

When I asked if they had any details of the loan which I paid off in 2004, they said no. But like I said in my previous post, since that other bank got fined for lying to FOS and customers in 2015, I don't believe what any bank says now.

can I suggest that instead of patting each other backs upon how unfair this all is

posting on threads that are 6yrs old. Randomly hoping you might get a lead.

suggesting that some 'mass consumer complaint' might get you somewhere …

to concentrate on researching the issues you are trying to deal with...

HFC PPI was underwritten by Hamilton life.

they were bought up by Aviva.

it might pay you to poke them an sar as they were and still are in existence and regulated

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473350-Aviva-as-Underwriter-PPI-Endeavour-Personal-Finance-HSBC&p=4984041#post4984041

post 11

and they

is this post directed at Mistermind because I certainly wasn't suggesting a "mass consumer complaint"?

If anything I was trying to point out how futile it could be.

I also did not resurrect this thread.

I received an email and simply responded not knowing it started six years ago, is this against CAG forum rules?

It is understandable that the small fry do not have storage space and computer records and fiche which are routine in financial installations.

If documented cases where HFC first siad no they have no records, then later were forced into a U-turn, yes they did have records, this pattern of behaviour constitutes blatant evasion of PPI refund.

They would not be lying just to aggrieved customers seeking redress, they would be defying FCA, Information Directorate and BOS.

welcome along to big wide world of being an ex hfc customer.

and they

• 4 months later...

All SARs achieved nothing, and HSBC confirmed in writing a second time that after a careful search they found nothing, and could I provide them with my account number?

No I cannot from 30 years back. 

July comes in 2 days, and August 19, 2019 deadline arrives in 50 days time. 

PPI Claims Management shops say they have no idea how to break this deadlock. 

PPI repayment becauses of the elapse of 30 years is likely to exceed £1000, maybe £2000. 

This looks like a lost cause. 

If anyone can help me get a result 

Join the club, as I got no further with my PPI complaints from the late 1980's/early 1990's either.  

From the sounds of it you've done everything possible to trace your old HFC account.  Although, you could try failed SAR and take them to small claims for non compliance, lots of posters have gone down this route with some success when lenders have suddenly found the missing data just before the court date but these posters probably had the account number. 

Banks say they cannot search their archives without the correct reference number.  I'm no expert on microfiche so perhaps someone on here can explain how data is located in microfiche.  Is it by date or account number?

there is no set standard.

could be by anything.

got my a/c no. from old bank statements that the dd was from

and they

Microfiche is a regular security copy recording vast files onto compact film and stored away, likely to be organised by date.  Having given them my correctly-spelled name, my precise address at the time account was open, and date of birth, I would be surprised if they cannot trace my account number at least, and from that the financial records.  SAR response allows for 7 weeks(?), past August 19 deadline.  Very unlikely SAR complaint will get far.

If they say they cannot even find record of my name, hard to fault them for not complying with SAR.  If another consumer went through the same wild goose chase, then was able to prove that HSBC was lying and that records were there and find-able, I could quote chapter and verse, and probably persuade FOS to be on side, and thus I could put the fear of God into HSBC. 

For such assistance -- just to shine a light and successfully goad HSBC into admission, for that I would be more than happy to pay 20% finders fee.  50-day deadline will soon run out, and HSBC will get away with it.

Thanks for the idea, but in 1987/8 I always paid in by cash as HFC office was in town centre where I lived, in Brighton. 

Queens Road office to be precise, just outside BR station, but I gather HFC no longer has an office in Brighton. 

Internet screens say there is, but Googled info is often years out of date. 

Although my account had no further activities after I paid up leaving balance zero, I never closed this revolving-credit account. 

It is possible my account stayed dormant with HFC for years before they eventually closed it was they would be entitled to do. 

If only Experian consumer credit records go back to 1988, but they do not.