• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

sammyb. v hfc marbles card

sammyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

thought id start this thread as ive just sent an subject access request for marbles.

they have issued me with court papers for a charging order on my house so ive been looking round and asking for help under another thread, sorry for the messing but im new and ive never done this before so keep making mistakes and starting threads were i shouldnt. anyway hopefully im on track now and will post all details here of what happens.

anyone please feel free to help, ive just read darlings thread and it seems exactly the same is happening to me.

will post with any updates

thanks sam

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

• 3 months later...

well hello!

i satrted this thread a while ago and sent a sar to marbles, i got my statements in the post but they didnt send any documents to say how my debt had increased since going to weightmans solicitors (£6000.00 to £8000.00) anyway at the time i had a few personal problems and in the end i lost my nerve to be quite honest. well ive been reading on here and speaking to people and there is no way im giving up this time. i recieved a letter from weightmans on friday and decided to phone, i got no joy mr whoever was on holiday so i phoned hfc marble and after speaking to a lady she eventually got fed up and put me through to JAMES BALL i had a long winded conversation with him and he said i would recieve the details within the seven days i made him aware that i would report him etc, now im just wondering whether to send a non compliance letter now or wait for 7 days PLEASE CAN SOMEONE REPLY thanks Sam

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

hi giz

the charging order has been completed. i spoke to james ball today as i recieved a letter from weightmans just showing court cost and what id paid them, i told him there was a gap etc and they hadnt complied with the full sar, anyway he told me it was a sort of mini sar and if i wanted a full one i was going to have to fill a form in and send copies of id, i should recieve the form in next couple of days, he also said he had requested a copy of the original credit agreement from archives and he will send that on also. what do you think giz should i send a non compliance letter? surely after they send all details here at my address and they have a charging order they dont need id?

thanks for taking a look

sam

hi

gizmo another thing i have been thinking about is the fact that they have the charging order on my house and ccj but they are still charging 8% interest as the debt is over a certain amoount, is there anything i can do about this as the debt is obviously going up and not coming down each time i pay.

sam :x

hi gizmo and everyone else

i havent got anything through the post yet. anyway just wondering if anyone knows anything with regards to the interest rate and charging order on my last post.

pleeeeeeeeeeeese xx:) :)

:) :) :) anybody there its quiet round here, still not heard anything so if ive got nothing by monday im going to sen non compliance letter to james ball.:-|

Have a read here sammy - everything you need to know should be there.

I would wait a few more days until you receive his form for compliance - say till wednesday - up to you but you don't want to be duplicating work do you?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

hiya gizmo

i got the letter from james ball this morning saying i need to send copies of id etc which is no problem but they have weightmans acting on there behalf and say that hfc cannot disclose details of this account that they may hold. weightmans dont own the debt but i think thats where the big charges are and to get them to disclose the info will i have to send another tenner because its the same account?

thanks for the link im going to have a good read of that !!!! thankyou for the help, its appreciated greatly. xx

sammy,

My guess is send them them another SAR with another £10. If they don't send you the information. Report them to the information commisioners office after 40 days ICO – Information Commissioner's Office Hopes that helps you abit. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

hiya parkvale

i just dont understand why they wouldnt beable to give me info that weightmans have as it still belongs to hfc

Are weghtmans solicitors or debt collectors ?

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

they are solicitors acting on behalf of hfc so james ball said

they clearly stated that hfc still own the debt but it was weightmans who put the charge order on my home

just reading the letter james ball sent me and because they sent the cheque back to me when they sent statements they now require £10.00 so ill send a cheque tommorrow and the cheeky b********ds have give themselves another 40 days!:rolleyes: oh well ill get there in the end.

im going to send the sar again along with the id its just the fact of weightmans stuff now??????????

Right sammy alot clearer now. Weightmans are being paid by HFC to carry out the legal side of their business. So don't get confused anything weightmans do has to be okayed by HFC. So i would be inclined to contact Hfc and see if you can get any sense out of any one to get this matter sorted out.,and inform them that this account is now in dispute. Which might help you in the long run by preventing them from taking any drastic action against you. I know if this will help you don't, but you never know.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/statutes-library/72676-register-judgments-orders-fines.html

Which might help you in the long run by preventing them from taking any drastic action against you..

They already have taken drastic action - he has a CCj and a charging order - he now needs the SAR to challenge the amounts that have been added on .

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

thanks parkvale il have a read of the thread you sent, all this is terrible its going to be a long slog if they are being so difficult at the beginning but im ready for them im not giving up this time!!!

Cheers gizmio.,

I only picked up on this thread this morning to try and give sammy some help. You are obviously more aware of what is going on.

Cheers gizmio.,

I only picked up on this thread this morning to try and give sammy some help. You are obviously more aware of what is going on.

I just thought you may have missed the beginning -

please continue to help where you can.

Gizmo,

You are 110% correct i did miss the beginning. Sorry.

• Haha 1

thanks for the help guys deller is helping me too and he is going to put a letter together tonight to send out. i really am grateful to everyone who is helping me id never beable to do this alone ! :)