• Tweets

• Makes no odds wont be processed until Monday .
    • Spot on, thank you.   Will they give me a hearing before a week in Friday?
    • Yes but they can never explain how then can enforce and the debt has never been enforced through the courts in the UAE either.    Mr Coyle and his band members from CWD and now IDR they seem to be crossing over can never explain and it annoys me and when you talk to the FCA or FO they say it’s fine in some respects but it’s not. 
    • It sounds like the judge has ordered that payments are to commence on 30th August but you won't know for sure till the order arrives from the court.   Sadly, you are correct in that if you don't make payment in line with the order then the lender will most certainly apply for an eviction warrant again.
    • I’ve been hunting round on the forums looking for a rough guide on how to write out my statement, is this one ok to use as a template? IN THE ******* county courtClaim No. *********** BETWEEN: Claimant AND Defendant ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF ********** _________________________ ________ I ******, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim. The claimants witness statement confirms that it mostly relies on hearsay evidence as confirmed by the drafts person in the opening paragraph.It is my understanding that they must serve notice to any hearsay evidence pursuant to CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act. 1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts who are based in Jersey, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. On or around the ******, I received a claim from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton, for the amount of £****.The claimant contends that the claim is for the sum of £X in respect of monies owing under an alleged agreement with the account no. XXXXXXXXXX pursuant to The consumer credit Act 1974 (CCA).The particulars of claim fail to state when the alleged agreement was entered into but their witness statement states it was 1994 23 years ago.3. Contained within the claimants particulars the claimant pleads that The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement and that a default notice has been served upon the defendant pursuant to S.87(1) CCA. It goes on to evidence a default notice in their exhibits which is provided by Mercers and not the actual creditor Barclaycard themselves.It is therefore contended that the original creditor failed to serve a valid Default Notice pursuant to section 87(1) Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement. Given that Mercers are in fact a Debt Collect Agency they cannot be considered to be the creditor or owner of the regulated agreement. 5. On the xxxxxxxxI made a formal written request by way of a CPR 31.14 to the Claimant solicitors requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case [EXHIBIT A].  6. On the xxxxxxx I made a formal written request to the Claimant for them to provide me with a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [EXHIBIT C]. The claimant has since disclosed a copy of the application which purports to be the agreement within its witness statement at point 5 exhibit HT1 and admits its very poor quality.It is averred that it is impossible to read and illegible..the court is invited to try and decipher the contents and in particular the prescribed terms pursuant to section 78 CCA1974 and sec 61 (1) c of the CCA1974.  The claimant tries to get around the poor quality by trying to rely on Carey v HSBC.Carey V HSBC is irrelevant in this matter and only applies to the giving of information under section 77/78/79 and is not retrospective to agreements entered into pre April 2007.I therefore contend that section 127 (1 and 2) accordingly applies in this case.7. Furthermore the author of the witness statement at point 6 then tries to introduce a reconstituted version of the agreement (exhibit HT2) which is no more than a set of Terms and Conditions and in no way comply with the prescribed terms of a reconstituted version which they have previously tried to rely on at point 5 of their witness statement. 8. The Claimants pleaded case is that the Defendant entered into an agreement with HSBC under account reference **********. I am uncertain as to which account this refers to. It is accepted that I have had banking products with Barclaycard in the past however I have no recollection the alleged account number the claimant refers to. Therefore the claimant is put to strict proof to disclose a true executed legible agreement on which its claim relies upon and not try to mislead the court. Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a true executed copy of the agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974.  Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _________________________ _______[/QUOTE]
  • Our picks

ImagePlay

HXCPM/Gladstones ANPR PCN Claimform - didnt buy ticket within 10 mins - Vulcans Lane CP, Workington, Cumbria

Hi, new to the forum, thanks in advance.

The PCN came though the post, ANPR capture, no ticket.

Date of infringement 08/12/2018.

NTK was issued on 12/12/2019 for £60. I've been working away, so effectively ignored it.

I received a Keeper Liability Notice on 16/01/2019 but I was still away and have just returned and opened it (28/01/2019).

Schedule 4 Protections of freedoms Act is mentioned.

I have made no contact with them.

The parking company is HX Carpark Management Ltd

The car park address is Vulcans Lane Car Park, Vulcans Lane, Workington, Cumbria CA14 2BP

They operate under the Independent Appeals Service.

The charge is for failing to purchase a ticket within 10 minutes of arriving at the car park. I was working at the theatre near by and went to get change from the theatre shop. It took longer than 10 minutes. I'm trying to find the payment ticket. I think my employer has it. I'm chasing him now.

Any advice on the best course of action would be appreciated. Today 28/01/19 is the deadline for the £100 payment, according to their rules.

Thanks.

scan up the NTK Both sides to one multipage pdf

read upload.

pers id ignore them

there is a minimum of 10mins grace period and no stated maximum

thread title updated

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

upload hidden

ref no showing

thread title updated nothing to do with 10mins grace period

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks. I’ll re upload the letters with the references removed.

I don’t understand why it has nothing to do with the 10 minute grace period. I thought the charge was because I'd taken longer than 10 minutes after arrival to pay for parking. It was dark and raining heavily and I didn’t read the small print. I struggled to find change within 10 minutes.

no you stayed for 7hrs..didnt pay ….but don't worry about that for now

spreadsheets 

This location is fairly local to my business. If you're not from the area I'm happy to get some photos of signs etc next time I nip to the bank.

Thanks for the photo offer Mrs O'Frog. I’m from Chester so that would be appreciated. Regarding the charge, I did pay for my stay in full and some. The issue was I took longer than 10 minutes from arrival to paying. Am I missing something?

Mrs O'Frog, I can see the roadside sign on Google Street and it looks like theres a 10 minute warning there. If possible, a shot of the sign at the pay area would be useful. Thanks very much.

Wow, that is a good trek away! No problem, I need to nip through later this week so I'll take some snaps of signs in and around the area.

no the issue is you failed to purchase a ticket for the +4hrs you parked there

the 10mins is totally immaterial.

have you checked they have planning permission for their signs and ANPR cameras/poles?

dx

spreadsheets 

Hi dx100uk. Thanks for following this. I'm not sure how to check if they have planning permission.

To clarify my query, I paid for parking for the time required. I didn't pay as soon as I arrived as I didn't have change.

I went and got change from the theatre near by but it took more than 10 minutes.

I returned to the car park, entered my registration, paid the full amount, put my ticket on the dashboard, did my job and left.

The only thing I can see I contravened was the 10 minute grace period to pay at the beginning.

The ANPR saw me arrive, and the machine accepted my payment after the 10 minute grace period, but with no warning that I had broken a rule.

The charge doesn't state that I didn't pay, just that I didn't pay within the first ten minutes. I definitely paid.

parkcharge.pdf

I can't see POFA 2012 quoted on the NtK, but I'll leave that for the experts to confirm.

aha so I wasn't right or was I in the 1st place...:lol:

its atleast 10mins back to what I said.

they cant do anything.

thanks for clarifying..i wondered why they made that comment on the NTK..how stupid..

spreadsheets 

No problem. It seems so petty that it's almost hard to believe. But they're just out to get money I suppose. So in your opinion, just sit tight?

oh yes

and sadly 99% of the population think they are fines and must be paid and obeyed..

spreadsheets 

ANPR used to capture the vehicle details, and NOK received over a month after the event - right?

hey so it is...so they think the same as I did .. ANPR capture times outside of 14 days..good spot

cant see the tree for the snow sometimes..[-6 where I am now]

spreadsheets 

ImagePlay,

Your full name is still showing on the PCN you attached to Post#12 (where it says "Dear Mr ...").

Sorry, I'll try again with the images.!

The dates are

8/12/18 Date of parking

12/12/18 First letter sent

14/01/19 Second letter sent

parkcharge.pdf

I'm reading it as the original PCN/Ntk was 12/12 (i.e. 4 days after the event) and it was just the notice of transfer of liability to keeper that arrived a month later? Still, I don't think the PCN/Ntk was POFA compliant anyway so they can still go whistle.

Edit - ah yes, our posts crossed - that's what I thought.

Edited by Mrs O'Frog
crossed posts

So if there's no PoFA 2012 mentioned in the paperwork, then it's non compliant, therefore invalid? And now time has passed so too late for them anyway?

It's not invalid, it just means that they cannot transfer liability from the driver to the keeper. So as long as you never have & never will tell them who was driving (and you're under no obligation to do so) they can't hold the keeper liable. It won't stop them trying, indeed their second letter claiming they have transferred liability is a crock. I'm not sure how litigious these people are but I'm sure you'll have a nice little pile of letters to come from various debt collectors etc. Just ignore them but keep them safely filed and come back if you ever receive a letter before action/claim.

so they are claiming you didnt pay within the 10 minute grace period but that for them is not a contractual issue, they ahve to allow this period as a minimum to let you read the signs etc and go and get change.

The point is you did pay the prescribed fee for the period your vehicle was there. This menas that they suffered no loss and courts wont be happy to sit through an hour listening to someon explaining how it is proper they bill you £100 for paying them the correct amount as agreed at the outset just because they dont offer an alternative method of controlling access to the site ( barrier and timed ticket for example). The parking cos' always want it both ways because they make more money from their enforcement of suspect rules then they ever do from cars actually parking. In many cases it is their only source of icome so thery will do and say anything to screw money out of people.

Lets see the signage at the entrance and what offer was made via the blurb on the ticket machine and we can take it from there. So far HXP are in a weak position but hopefully we can find somehting that kills them off

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos