inthesticks

CSA writing off debt.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 265 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The CSA called me over a year ago to ask if I wanted to write off a debt owed by my now adult children`s father from many years ago.

I said I didn`t want them to considering he had managed to escape paying anything for the 14 years that he should have been. My children suffered hardships as a direct result of his (Quote) "I`m not giving you money to make your life easier" attitude.

There was one period where they assessed him before he left the job and went self employed. They said they had his new address and would chase it up with him by letter.

Now I have received a letter saying they plan to write off the debt, which is over £2000.

My question is: Is it possible to claim the amount directly from your ex through the small claims process online? Can I request a copy of the paperwork stating the amount owed and send this as proof? I am aware I can do a SAR.

I`ve briefly searched forums and not found any examples of people doing this through the courts (to recoup the money owed).

Can anyone advise if this should be moved to another forum which may be seen by those with knowledge of legal stuff, maybe one which addresses small claims?