style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I've read other threads and the advice is to ignore all things related to RLP as they cannot legally fine you or collect a speculative debt without justifying the costs

However, I wanted to ask in relation to this about what the guards said

Firstly, they took my address, name and had me sign 2 forms, one being the RLP and another as a banning order

They said that had notified/contacted the police and that no one was available after maybe 15 minutes

I'm asking whether or not this notification to the police to check my identity will be recorded on my record of any sort

They retained the alleged items and safely released me

Should I be concerned with future police contact or is it unlikely it will go any further?

Additionally, they said they had me on CCTV, if this changes anything

Lastly, I am remorseful for what I've done and I'm going to seek help for it and I am aware that CAG does not support, nor encourage shoplifting

Thank you very much for your time,

Chaotic

I wouldn't worry about anything a security guard says

9/10 they say things they shouldn't just to frighten you.

you wont hear anything from the police they seriously are not interested

forget about it

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore. Completely. The security guards are lying.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

"I'm asking whether or not this notification to the police to check my identity will be recorded on my record of any sort"

Just to be clear, security guards in a shop cannot ring the police and ask them to check your identity. The police are not allowed, under data protection law, to give any information about you to a private company or their security guards in these circumstances. The security guards were bullsh***ing you.

the security staff want you to stop stealing so they have siad things that arent true to make you frightened of the consequences. If this experience has caused you to be determined that this is the last time then they have doen their job and that will be the end of the matter as far as they are concerned.

RLP prey on the fact you feel guilty and remorseful to get you to pay them when there is no lawful reason for them to ask you for money. Dont allow then to get into your head with their hollow threats.

The police know nothing about this as they dont have the manpoweer to show any interest in all but the most prolific shoplifters and most fo those are druggies who cannot change their behaviour without getting the reason for it sorted out. RLP dont write to them because they know it is a waste of time

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos

Hi and welcome,

I agree with the others that security have lied to you in order to administer the short sharp shock. I find the method wrong but if it works, that's a good thing.

As mentioned, the police are forbidden to give out personal details of anyone, especially to security staff.

The CCTV will be passed on to RLP which they are allowed to do and RLP will keep the video safe. They are not allowed to pass the video on to anyone who doesn't have the authority to view it.

As for RLP, always ignore what they say. The letters they send are carefully worded to seem they can do things which they cannot.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE