style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 290 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Another small supplier has gone bust - Our Power - who were backed by the Scottish Government to the tune of £6m. 38000 customers are now looking for a new home.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another small supplier has gone bust - Our Power - who were backed by the Scottish Government to the tune of £6m. 38000 customers are now looking for a new home.

That's who I am with. Never had a problem.

Such a shame, Ofgem say to sit tight and they'll choose a new supplier to move me to.

That is what Ofgem always say, however they have no say on what "contract" you are moved to. Be aware the chances are it will be nowhere near anything you would sign up to yourself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is what Ofgem always say, however they have no say on what "contract" you are moved to. Be aware the chances are it will be nowhere near anything you would sign up to yourself.

True indeed, but OurPower was consistently the cheapest whenever I tried to compare; I'm under no illusion that whatever tariff and supplier I end up on by default through the Ofgem switch.

Similarly, there's no guarantee that by me moving now I won't end up on a more expensive tariff than the one Ofgem arranges.

take a meter reading now so you can argue the toss over how much you owe to the administrators of Ourpower and how much to whoever picks up the business before you move to your choice of supplier. you should start looking now.

For info, Utilita is the supplier Ofgem have chosen to take on Our Power customers.

For info, Utilita is the supplier Ofgem have chosen to take on Our Power customers.

Aren't they a 'compusory smart meter fitted else they'll charge you more organisation?

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended

From looking I thought their rates were a tad on the pricy side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think they are one of the 'you have to have a smart meter' as well as apparently being one of the suppliers officially warned about customer service - which takes some doing.

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended