Purchased HDMI lead online Via Finance, mfr recall?

gavva1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I placed an order in early December 2018 for a surround-sound speaker system, along with HDMI leads. The items mostly turned up on time, but the HDMI leads were "awaiting stock from the manufacturer". I have since had a to-&-fro via email with the online supplier (a well-established UK company, who also has several physical stores in the UK).

I have now been told via Phone that the leads have been cancelled/recalled by the manufacturer due to a quality issue, & cannot be supplied. This leaves me out-of-pocket by just under £200.00. The phone-discussion I've had with the online retailer has been pretty disappointing, they are saying that as the goods were purchased via Finance, they cannot refund me the balance I'm owed, & have tried to suggest that I find "goods to the value" from their website. But I do not require anything further, & would rather the difference is refunded, to the card I paid the 10% deposit from. (10% deposit being far less than I'm now owed).

They are playing nice for now, but are insistant that they cannot just make a refund for the sub-£200- owed (I don't believe this at all) & that the alternative is to send everything back to them (I no longer have any boxes for the speaker system, & they have said maybe they can get the manufacturer to send me empty boxes to box it all up & return it, cancelling the credit agreement.)

I am perfectly happy with the system I've purchased, & have no intention of returning it.

So this is a tricky one - I am fully aware that it is possible for them to just make the payment from their business to me, they have stated that Hitachi would not allow this, & it would invalidate the agreement - they have also claimed that they only receive "Monthly, incremental payments" from Hitachi as the credit provider, therefore they have not received the full amount of the credit agreement (this seems highly doubtful).

If anybody can shed any light on where I stand, I'd be grateful.

is the finance interest free?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please can you tell us who the supplier is. Although you say you don't want to hand the system back, the contract hasn't been completed so your 14 day cooling off period has not yet started. Furthermore, as what has been supplied to you is defective you are entitled, in any event, to demand a refund within 30 days. In your case, as the contract has not be completed, your 30 days is simply continuing and extending and would not end until the 30 days after the completion of the contract.

The retailer's story that they cannot refund you because of the finance is complete rubbish. Who has financed the deal? Also, pardon me asking, but are we just talking about HDMI leads here? And why should they cost £200? And are you not able to source them elsewhere? If you are able to obtain them from some other place, then you could think about getting them and then proceeding against the retailer of the system for the refund. As you seem to be asking for a refund in any case, it seems to me that you are able to get them from an alternative source and frankly I think you should do so.

Please can you tell us who the supplier is.

The supplier is SuperFi, to clarify it's only the 2 leads (QED Reference)at £90- each, but QED has recalled this HDMI lead on a quality issue. Therefore I wouldn't want to find this lead elsewhere, as the fault apparently is present in all stock. I have said I'm prepared to accept a different brand of HDMI lead, at £35, but due to a change in my system setup I only require one. So basically, I want the alternative branded lead, & a £145.00 refund. Hitachi are the Finance Provider. Superfi are saying they can't accomodate this, & mentioned "pulling the order back from you" - This entails a 5.1 Surround system, brackets & speaker stands (all received on 12th December last year). I'm perfectly happy with the surround system & have no intention of returning it. I have made them aware that all the boxes & packing have been disposed of, their response was "we can go to the speaker manufacturer & see if they can send you the empty packaging" - ??

TBH it's getting a bit laughable now, they've stated they will offer me any equipment they sell at the lowest possible price, up to 30% off their stated price, but there's nothing else I need. What a load of fuss on a £145- refund, from an £800 sale. They've been ammicable about it, but insisted on moving from email comms to phonecalls, which always raises my suspicions.

Surely I'm entitled to the refund, the simple option, or can they insist on the equipment back that I already have installed?