ayza1234

Identity theft help

sar does not goto Lowell.

just send one as I suggested to shop direct.

it would help your whole situation if you knew who had done this.

then make them fess up to all that are trashing your credit file and get them to get the accounts moved into their name.

problems all solved

so, any ideas???

then make them fess up to all that are trashing your credit file and get them to get the accounts moved into their name.

problems all solved

so, any ideas???

Do you have a common name possibly? This also can cause issues :(

But DX is also quite right

Rough draft letter to Equifax:

Dear Sir/Mdm

I'm writing to inform you that I have been the victim of identity theft which has affected my credit file.

I have reported this matter to the police and there is a crime reference number – XXX.

So far as I can tell, accounts have been opened in my name with the following organisations:

XXX company – account number XXX

yyy company – account number YY

et cetera

I'm pleased to say that Virgin Media have now accepted that I have never been their customer and that they have been a victim of fraud.

For your information, my name is XX full name XX, my date of birth is XXX/XXX/XXX – and as you will see, I have just turned 18 years of age. Despite this, you will see that some of the fraudulent accounts which have been opened in my name are dated as far back as 2013 when I was still only 12 years old and 2014 when I was only 13 years old.

I hope you will accept that it is highly unlikely that I would have opened up any accounts at that age.

I understand that the person who has impersonated me has used my name but has also used different dates of birth – XXX date of birth in respect of the Tesco account, ZZZ date of birth in respect of the virgin account – et cetera.

I'm formally asking you to take whatever steps necessary to remove all debt markers or default markers against my name on the credit file which you hold on me – or else to put down some kind of marker or warning that your records are being challenged as inaccurate – which they certainly are.

I should inform you that if you will not do this then I will be grateful if you consider this letter as a formal complaint and you have eight weeks to address the problem after which I would like a final response so that I can take to matter to the ombudsman.

As evidence of my identity I'm supplying you with a photocopy of the first three pages of my passport.

Please let me know what other information you need.

Yours faithfully

I suggest that you send something like this – but I expect that you will want to modify it. Please amend it as necessary and then post your draft up here.

problems all solved

so, any ideas???

I do not have any ideas who it could be but I'm thinking it may be a family member or previous neighbors who share a letterbox.

thank you I will modify it and upload it here. Should I still send letters to individual companies about the identity theft or not? Also what companies should I send the SAR too?

IMHO - The onus is on the companies to check the DOB. This is quite clear when you do a credit check becaue they verify your DOB!

Anyway - Take it slow... Piece by Piece...

Send A DSAR to them all. You want all information. However if the account is subject to Fraud -- They may not send anything... Let us know what happens.

Do you have a common name possibly? This also can cause issues :(

But DX is also quite right

My name is uncommon so I think it is likely fraud

My name is uncommon so I think it is likely fraud

In that case... Time to press on :)

Hi I have Lowell replied to my dispute online at equifax and said to contact them directly to discuss this. I did this and try replied saying:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Authorising this email address

As we don’t have confirmation that this email address is for you, we’d be grateful if you could confirm the following for security purposes:

· Your date of birth.

· Your current address, including your postcode.

If you’d prefer, you can confirm this email address by registering on our secure customer website at http://www.lowell.co.uk or by calling our team on 0333 556 5733.

If the security checks are not completed, I’ll be unable to continue corresponding by e-mail.

Kind Regards,

Should I give them this information. Also should I contact the original creditor BT?

Yes, I suggest you do it.

If you are going to contact them by phone – have you read our customer services guide? Have you implemented the advice there? If you haven't then before you do anything else, read the guide and implement the advice.

Hi I've followed the advice on this forum and have been able to get all defaults removed accept Tesco mobile. Tesco mobile are refusing to remove the default because they do not seem is as fraud. This is the last email they sent:

"I am once again sorry that there is nothing further we can do in this case.

Your account has been fully investigated by our fraud team who have deemed that this is not a fraud case. Due to this, we cannot review your account any further and would recommend that you seek advice from the police on what next steps to take."

I have made a complaint to the ICO but I am still waiting for a reply. Please could you tell me what else I should do. Thanks

Consider the Ombudsman for Tesco Mobile. 

Have you asked on what grounds they believe its not fraudulent. 

Please fill in your quit date here