jmurphy1919

Found BW CCJ for old cap1 card - - Statue Barred?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 235 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Evening,

I recently obtained my credit file from noodle and found A CCJ from 2014 on my account (genuinely don't recall this). Did some digging and it was for a capital one credit card back in 2012.

I sent a CCA request to BWLegal who provided me with a copy of the agreement and a statement. Here is the details below;

Account Opened - September 2011

Last Payment Made By Me - April 2012

CCJ Registered - August 2014

I have had nothing to do with this Credit Card since my last payment to it in 2012. The balance is relatively small. What are my options. Would this not be class as statue barred or does the CCJ cancel that out?

Thanks in advance

Nope ccj trumps sb as it stops the clock

If they aren't chasing you then keep quiet. Lowell got the CCJ not bw they are sols

Moved to legal and retitled for clarity

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

well im wanting to tidy up my credit rating and wanting the ccj either settled or removed. the debt is £500.

Sadly the CCJ will remain there until August 2020 whether settled or not and paying it off at this stage will not drastically improve your credit rating, if at all

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

if i was to apply for credit. would i have a better chance with a settled ccj rather than unpaid?

nope as post 4.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets