Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

  • Our picks

    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.
       
      THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 
       
      I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf
       
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
lamboboy

Help with a dealer pulling a fast one please

Recommended Posts

Looks fine to me...dont head it " without Prejudice "


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fabulous! thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening Andyorch

We have progress!

After sending the Solicitor the email offering a solution, he has accepted in part as follows:

"

Without Prejudice Save as to Costs

 

Dear 

My client has agreed to discharge the invoice/s previously rendered. Accordingly, there will be no charge to you. This is on an entirely without prejudice basis in order to settle this matter amicably.

 The vehicle will be made available for you to collect. It would be sensible for you to contact my client directly to decide on a mutually convenient date and time.

 I am not entirely sure of the request for a new invoice. For tax and accountancy purposes my client cannot issue a new invoice. Indeed, I do not understand why one would be beneficial to you. Unless you have further points on this issue I think we can put that to one side.

In terms of these proceedings and assuming the settlement has now been agreed, you will be required to notify the Court that the claim is withdrawn. I should be grateful if you would copy me in on any of your correspondence to the Court in that regard. 

I look forward to hearing from you."

 

In this thread, we were advised to re-date the purchase date of the car in order that we benefit from the time allowed to report a fault with it.  The Solicitor is acting dumb on this and I am concerned that I may word it incorrectly.

Thanks Andy

LB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchase date still stands as is your right to reject from that date...which I thought you had already give notice...you dont need a fresh dated invoice ?


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on this thread advised us to request that the delivery date got updated so that it provided some rejuvenated protection term.

This is in view of the fact the initial delivery date was November but the vehicle has been in the dealer's possession since early December. Thus meaning that the 6 months (or whatever is law) should start again from now as she gave it back! 

Have we read this wrong then?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But that would depend on what you wish to do now...do you still wish to reject it again in the future ?


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andyorch

I hope not but someone on this thread advised us to do this particularly as we are now 4 months on and only used the car for a week of that.

Also, she advised the DVLA that she was not the keeper of the car so should there be some new 'guarantee' of sorts?

Thanks Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thats something you need to agree with the Solicitor as part of the settlement...I agree that you cant reissue invoices and alter dates...perhaps you didn't phrase it correctly hence the solicitors response.

If a problem is found after 30 days, but within six months of purchase, you can request a repair or a replacement vehicle.

If a fault appears after six months of ownership, it is down to you to prove that it was there at the time of purchase

Now given hes had the vehicle for 4 months without you having access Im sure the solicitor will explain that your rights should be extended


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the fault was reported within the first 30 days and it has been disputed,  the 30 days is suspended until such time as the vehicle is repaired to the satisfaction of both parties.  The clock then restarts.  You could have a vehicle where a year or more has passed since purchase and it is still covered within the first six months period under CRA 2015 and can still be rejected after giving the supplier one opportunity to repair, refund or accept rejection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would this get the point across please? (Please note that we notified the DVLA in December that there was an issue with the vehicle and that she was not in possession of the car)

 

Whilst I appreciate that a new invoice cannot be issued, under the terms of the CRA 2015 I reserve my rights to revert back to your client, should the vehicle fail again within 6 months of the date we agree for collection.

Furthermore, I wish it to be confirmed that the collection date be confirmed as the date I legally become the Registered Keeper for the purposes of the DVLA.

Upon agreement, I will withdraw as advised.

 

Your thoughts please ?

Thanks again

lb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your read Surfers post above the 30 days is suspended anyway..because you have already reported the fault...when you collect the car and all is well.....the clock restarts and into the 6 months.

 

With regards to the DVLA point thats no real concern to the Solicitor or the seller ?


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so is there anything left to say or should we just agree to collect the vehicle without any clarification?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think there is providing that Surfers posts is correct


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the car back and providing all is well and only then you can withdraw the claim


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok .  Should we just do this or should we tell the solicitor of our intention to collect first and then withdraw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to tell anyone......you withdraw when your ready..you are the claimant and only you can proceed/conclude the process


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok great thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply respond to the Solicitors last letter and state you agree to the proposals and will confirm once the claim has been withdrawn


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andyorch

We have attempted to arrange collection but the solicitor is saying we can't until we withdraw the claim.

Also, we have a letter from the DVLA stating that they transferred ownership back to him on 25th January so how would you recommend we proceed with this now please?

Lb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catch 22 then ....and you can not withdraw until your satisfied the vehicle is all correct and present ...the claim is currently stayed ?


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does that mean exactly? Sorry but at present, the defence has gone into court and it's all trundling along still.

Do we stay it? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not stayed you have submitted DQs...and gone to allocation...have you had a Notice of Allocation  (n157) yet ?


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

No Sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning Andyorch,

Sorry to bother you but should we withdraw from the Court or further the process in another way please?

lb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Please fill in your quit date here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...