BankFodder BankFodder

hugo1963

samsung update crashed phone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 495 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, ive just done a system update on my samsung s7 edge did all the usual download, install, now it wont turn back on, tried the reboot procedure but nothing just a blank screen with a flashing blue light top left.

Rang customer services and it is still under warranty, then they asked any visible damage, i said a small hairline crack on screen this cancels the warranty, even though the mobile phone worked perfectly for 12 months.

Its the update that shut the phone down not the barely visible crack.

Your claim is nothing to do with samsung

Cra against the retailer

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Not sure that Samsung are correct re the warranty.

My S7 crashed so I took it to the local Samsung store and they replaced the mother board and charge port under warranty but I had to pay fro a new screen as it was cracked.

Up date I'm covered by insurance so it's been sent there £50 excess. It's the cheaper option, though under warranty just,

Heres a thought though I know a few people whose phone as bricked either after a Samsung update or shortly after, suppose it may be in there interest to brick phones nearing end of warranty.

Thanks for sharing, I'll wait a couple of weeks before updating