• Tweets

• Morning. Just putting together my sar. The template letter asks for an account number and in the body of the letter again an account number as a starting point for reference. Dx did state not to put an account number in the letter so is it ok to just put my full name, dob and current and previous addresses to help them find me?  Many thanks. 
    • oops already cashed the cheque as I'd read somewhere that it would just be removed from the new claim if successful.   I take it that's that then now?
    • My personal experiences of Future Comms    Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing! Probably the worst company I have ever dealt with lie after lie, think trading standards should look into there misconduct and no obligation of fulfilling contracts. Have also asked for all the conversations had with them but nothing has been forth coming again seem a law unto themselves! Awaite fFuture Comms answers to these problems that I have been having with the miss selling of phone contracts by themselves...……..    Well a call back and payment date of August 28th because of their mistake in may or should I say excuse of not paying.Told them not good enough payment by 12pm Monday or going to take legal action because they are now in breach of contract and want compensation at the rate they would charge me if I terminated payments to them! Probably the biggest crooks I've dealt with go on Future Comms report me for telling the truth I'm sure my legal team would like even more ammunition to get what's rightfully mine back!   Keep away shocking company No payment, no hope of payment peddle more crap then a drugs dealer in a crack den! Instead of reporting me Future Comms contact me to see what my gripe with you is? Let your so called non existent directors come have a chat with me because I don't think these people exist along with the accounts department who's computers always seen down or broken 🤔 How many people do you owe money to? Let's have a chat over a ☕and sort it out!
    • Thank you for your replies BankFodder.   Hope this gets sorted now.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 5 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
Caro63

GE/Engage credit - can I reclaim fees from late Father's Mortgage

Hi Everyone,

Tricky situation, but I'm hoping for some guidance, found a few bits of info on here.

Unfortunately my father passed away last summer.

I am joint executor (with my sister who lives overseas).

Here's the background but unfortunately I don't have much paperwork

- He had a small bungalow worth £225k but also a £162,500 mortgage.

This was sold by GE money to him, aged 70, for 14 years (In 2004) - interest only.

He wasn't great with money(his whole life tbh) and soon fell into arrears.

In 2006 it was sold on to Engage Credit.

We are about to finally complete on the sale, and once all his other debts are cleared there's not going to be much left.

We have managed to get Engage to refund £320 in fees.

We're trying to establish when GE sold it on.

Engage say most of the fees were GE money.

There are £3554.30 in fees, plus £2703.72 in arrears.

I do have comprehensive list of the fees/arrears dating back to 2006, but its hard to see who charged what, and when it was transferred.

I'm so angry with companies like these who mis sell to elderly people who clearly can't afford the repayments, and my Dad was v clever hiding the full extent of the debt from us.

My questions are:

1 - Can I do anything as an Executor as the whole thing is so unfair?

2 - Why the mortgage for such a large amount was sold to a 70Yr old

- as the house can't have been worth anywhere near that in 2004

- I think it must have been mis sold (He only had a state pension)

3 - How can I trace who sold the mortgage? Can I report them to the FCA?[/left]

4 - Can I claim back fees retrospectively from GE Money (I've read the 2010 ruling on here) or doesn't it apply if the mortgage holder is no longer alive?

With many thanks and best wishes,

Caroline

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

yes ofcourse you can.

wwhy not SAR every company involved first

you'll be amazed at the detailed info you could get back.

only issue is its GE Money , I don't think anyone has ever nailed them down, they always find a way to wriggle out of their responsibilities.

don't forget insurances too!!

the only thing you are required to have is building insurance, and if he had that elsewhere they cant charge their own.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Thanks very much I'll give it a go then!

Hi,

Apparently company GDPR rules don’t apply to deceased people so they won’t send me the information [im an executor and have probate) - any ideas how I can get get info as otherwise I’ve no idea when the mortgage was started etc. Same issue with two MBNA credit cards or loans which are with link financial and Cabot that I’d like to pursue PPI for. Thank you

I requested all my late parents stuff and had no problems

just inc exc proof.

ok that was in the days before gdpr but that shouldn't make any diff.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi,

Apparently company GDPR rules don’t apply to deceased people so they won’t send me the information [im an executor and have probate) - any ideas how I can get get info as otherwise I’ve no idea when the mortgage was started etc. Same issue with two MBNA credit cards or loans which are with link financial and Cabot that I’d like to pursue PPI for. Thank you

Send a copy of the deed of probate and death certificate and request all information in connection to the various agreements.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread