Smart Parking Reg Number Incomplete Blue Badge Holder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some advice please.

My severely disabled daughter (uses an electric wheelchair) and her carer used a car park in Exeter in a Smart Parking car park, but the carer only entered the last 3 letters of the car reg. This is most probably because in our local council car parks you only need the last three letters.

The letter states we did not purchase a ticket or it was insufficient time.

I still have the ticket and photographic evidence that we paid and parked, so I appealed on their behalf. The appeal was on the grounds that we did not enter the full reg and they are upholding the PCN!!

Today we received a letter from a debt recovery company DRP.

Any advice as to how to proceed would be appreciated as I feel that this is really harsh.

Probably the best thing you can do is read some other threads about Smart Parking and DRP. One example is here: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?487232-Smart-Parking-Charges-Haven-Banks-Retail-Park-Exeter

Once you've done that, come back with any specific questions you have. I have no direct experience of this particular firm, but all the advice seems to be to totally ignore them. Appeals are never upheld - their business model would fail completely if their charges were fair or reasonable - and they rely on people paying without question.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

ignore dr+ a DCA is not a bailiff.

just ignore everything until or unless you get a letter of/before claim' from one of their favourite fake/tame paperonly solicitors

then comeback here.

the fact that their ANPR system is not upto the job of working out mis-matched reg no's or incomplete ones is not your problem!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Shouldnt have appealed really. However thats in the past. Smart always make mistakes. ALWAYS. Do what dx says and youll be fine. If you can, go get photos of the signage around the car park, as its almost guaranteed that the signage isnt compliant with regulation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

I am assuming you are out of time to appeal to POPLA. Did (not so) Smart Parking give you a code to use?

Ignore DR+. They can do nothing to you however if a Letter Before Claim/Action arrives, that is the time to deal with it. Putting in the wrong reg number or making a mistake means nothing. The parking period was paid for so Smart have no loss to claim. Telling people to put their full reg number in properly or a charge will be issued also means nothing as if it went to court (which I doubt) any sensible judge would see right through this ploy and dismiss the claim.

Please say this wasn't Haven Banks for a change :jaw:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

they have already appealed....

please complete and understand this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...