• Tweets

• going by your figures    £5239.50 was added to the £21k loan making the amount we borrowed  £26239.50.   so the PPIPCM% was: ppi/loan+ ppi*100=%   5239.50/26239.50*100=19.97% so lets call that 20% so 20% of any payment made on its date was PPI.   now you'll have to fill out the statint sheet as if you haven't yet been refunded then add in the payment you got on its date as a minus figure on the sheet on its date to the sheet   that will tell you whats outstanding from the refund   thus what you owe today.   dx          
    • Next you need to send off for a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff applied.  . Here's an example,  use and ADAPT at will and best sent initially by email backed up by a copy in the post. . "From: My Name My Address . To: Acme Bailiff Co Bailiff House . Ref: Account No: 123456 . Dear Sir . With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.  . This includes: a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee. b - the reason for the fee. c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged. d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at. e - the date of the Certification. . This is NOT a Subject Access Request uest under the Data Protection Act S7 1998  You are obliged to provide this information. . I require this information within 14 days. . Yours faithfully . Ripped off customer" .
    • well no you did tell them you'd cancelled the fact that you omitted to pay one extra dd after that date is somewhat immaterial now.   your problem is you've done all this by email. you now need to stop using email and block and bounce them totally   using royal mail send harlands a letter offer them one months payment as you cancelled the dd without leaving 30 days for the next  payment to be taken. but refusing to pay any unlawful admin fees.   if they fail to accept that. you ignore everyone.   dx        
    • not your problem   use the custom google search on the top right    pcn claimform get reading up on what is to come if they proceed. and no you don't need to add to your defence.   dx
    • Hi Slick.    Originally my contract was with someone else and was a 12 month thing (which I was past) so I assumed it was a one month rolling contract. However when my gym changed ownership Harlands took over my DD (and put the price up).   I didn't tell the gym directly I just cancelled it with my bank due to miss information from my gym. The last DD payment was late last year probably around October time as this has been going on for a while with emails between myself and Harlands.
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies
FW101

One Parking Solution PCN - New England House, Brighton.

Hi,

I received a Parking Charge Notice for parking in a place I thought would be fine to park in.

I have a PCN for £60 rising to £100 that I just can't afford to pay. Things are so tight i'm afraid that this might take me over the edge.

Is there ANYONE that can help me?

Key details...

- Date of infringement: 11/01/2019

- Not appealed yet.

- NTK: Not received the notice to keeper

- Company: One Parking Solution Ltd.

- Place: New England House, Brighton.

was this a windscreen ticket or ANPR capture

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hiya! Thanks for your help!

It was a windscreen ticket. Nothing through in the post...

await the NTK which should arrive between 29 - 56 days

then comeback here

DO NOT APPEAL!!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Hi and welcome to CAG

I would wait until the notice to keeper arrives. Can you tell us exactly where you parked. There are different parking areas around the building for parking. One area is a proper car park and another has graffiti everywhere. I have looked as best I can but I can't see any signs saying that the area is private land.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Dx100uk

Thanks,

I'm a bit concerned as it says the charge will increase from £60 to £100 in 14 days. (Today is day 11)…

I'm concerned that if NTK does come within 29-56 days, that I'd owe £100.

Have you gone down this route before?

:-)

Hi silverfox1961,

As above. Slightly concerned waiting would mean paying even more?

I parked in front of the bit that sort of has garage style shutters... Not sure about the signs saying its private land... I would assume there were signs saying this somewhere though to be honest..

they cant charge anything extra for unicorn food tax

I suggest you get reading up in this forum.

please also complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Hi dx100uk

Sorry, a bit confused... Unicorn food tax?

The key details are...

Key details...

- Date of infringement: 11/01/2019

- Not appealed yet.

- NTK: Not received the notice to keeper

- Company: One Parking Solution Ltd.

- Place: New England House, Brighton.

fill out that link...

imaginary unicorn food tax...………...they cant discount or add anything...you need to photograph and read the signs.

dx

Do as advised on here, and it is unlikely that you will pay a bean, these PPCs mess up on paperwork, signs and shoot themselves in the foot if they try to recover their spurious invoice.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

if you cnat see any signs offering you parking temrs then they cnat expect you to agree them. Tell ue exactly where it was and we can have a look on goggleyes

Please include a post code of the area so that we can pin point exactly where you parked and if you can, go back and take pictures of any signs you see.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you appeal, you are usually identifying yourself as the driver, and dropping yourself in it, best to do as advised above wait for NTK, and get those pictures asked for. Unicorn Food Tax = Spurious and usually Unlawful Extra Charges they cannot add but try it on anyway.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi all,

Thanks.

There indeed is a sign saying no parking and the conditions.

What should I do? Should I just wait for the NTK?

What do I do after they send the NTK?

Thanks!!!!!

yes you wait for the NTK and when you get it you post it up here so we can pick holes in it.

What else should you do? try reading a load of the threads here so you get an idea of what it is all about. Currently you dont know what to do or what questions are relevant because you are inthe dark about the whole thing. reading up will shine a light on a lot of it and you will undersatnd it isnt anywhere nearly as scary as you now think.

as the place is near to you get some pictures of the entrance to the land from the public highway and some pictures of the signage. Tell us exactly where it is so we can use google streetview to have a gander for ourselves. Thsi has been asked for already and you ahve been back but not given us the information needed.

Dont be in a hurry to resolve this, the parking co cnat make any money by being honest adn decent so batting away their demands is often a long game.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos

Here's a list of common abbreviations on the parking forum, it might help with your reading. :)

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-and-A-Z-of-Motoring-Terms

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry it says I need 10 posts before I can post a link...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry it says I need 10 posts before I can post a link!

- - - Updated - - -

sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

I have the link to exactly where I parked, but am struggling to post the link on here.

http://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/New+England+St,+Brighton/@50.8321146,-0.1392619,3a,75y,56.17h,98.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbYQGg9pRfAvTJi2EvddpCA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x4875857640dfd11b:0x3c3b86368e24ef3c!8m2!3d50.8318098!4d-0.1388927?hl=en

if you put 3w's then a dot before the link above. It won't let me post the full link.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

if you go back to post 8

there is a link to click

and 2 sets of questions, one of which you copy and paste here and then answer each question at the end.

one of the q's is the location with postcode

please complete the link...…….

so lets be clear about the place you were parked,

it was in the loading bay where the big no parking signs are?

No parking means it is prohibited to park and so you cant be offered a contract to park when the only way of creating that contract is to break it.

Anything the parking co claim will be defeated by that.

i would also say that there isnt any sigange to offer you anything in the first place let alone somehting that says you have to pay them a large sum of money as part of the consideration.

where is that signage with letters at least as big as the giant no parking words?

the company itself has a dodgy past with its website showing the logos of a number of customers.

Most of these were clients of Ethical parking, a company that was dormant at the time so not able to legally enter into contracts with the public.

They are also in the same precarious financial position as most of the parking co's and like to ahve a second company idling along so tey can transfer all of their assest when it looks like their bankers or other creditors ae knocking at their door.

This means they are unlikely to want to take part in a court battle they can only lose.

When they issue the NTK we can see what else they have got wrong

Edited by dx100uk
space/spell

Hi,

I received a Parking Charge Notice for parking in a place I thought would be fine to park in.

You parked directly in front of the big, bright yellow signs saying "no parking"?

OK, you probably won't have to pay this, but for future reference, at the back of this building is a council multi-storey where you can park for two hours for £3.

Thanks!

Please fill in your quit date here