Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Latest letter. Doesn't appear to contain anything new that needs action. Sadly one of our group paid, I'm not sure at what point.  3 of us still ignoring  Trace letter 25 May 19.pdf
    • As you have no income, you should complete a benefit check to see if you are entitled to any benefits: https://www.entitledto.co.uk/   You can submit the N244 before a warrant of eviction is granted but all that would do is reset possession proceedings. It is likely that Brittainia will continue with possession proceedings anyway even where the possession order is successfully set-aside. The issue is that you have very little to offer and Brittania is unlikely to agree to let you live in the property indefinitely until you sell it while paying £10 per month, that could take months/years. It wouldn't let you capitalise arrears because you can't meet the mortgage repayments even if they were.   I'd suggest that you speak to a housing advice organisation such as Shelter for assistance, it can gather further information and advise on what your best course of action is: https://england.shelter.org.uk/  
    • Hi,   I need some advice in compiling a defence to a claim sent to me by Moriarty Law on behalf of JC International   The claim is dated 24 May 2019 and I have filed my intention to raise a defence to extend the period to 28 days today   They claim: The defendant owes the Claimant £1075.67 under a credit card agreement with JCIA dated 29/2/2008 and which was assigned to the claimant and notice of which was given to the defendant. Despite formal demand for the payment the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £1075.67 and also claims interest thereonprsuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £86.05   Amount Claimed 1161.72 Court Fee 70.00 Legal Costs 80.00 Total Amount 1311.72   In the pre litigation pack they sent to me (I have a copy as I sent by email) I asked for a copy of the CCA and also stated the debt was statute barred. To date all they have returned to me are statements of account that prove this is over 6 years old. The address they claimed I was at I had moved from long before those dates and my electoral roll supports this so I could have been found.    So my defence items are no CCA and Statute Barred - What is the best phrasing to do this? I presume I also do this at the last minute possible?   Thank you in advance
    • Received paperwork now from them prior to 30th deadline. is it worth uploading here or just send my 181 back with the draft directions from my side? 
    • Ah ok, thanks Andy. As of yet i have heard nothing from the court since i received the N180 from lowells.
  • Our picks

    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.
      I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
        • Like
      • 0 replies

rural public footpath

Recommended Posts

I live in an area where there are numerous rural footpaths.


The one to the side of our house has a concrete low level sign which states "Public Footpath"


would I be right in thinking for this sign to exist the Local Council must have some involvement????


I maintain this footpath which runs through a small Copse as well which I also Maintain, at my own expense and time then onto farmland.


The path appears on the Ordinance Survey Map and also the Local Ramblers Map,


because I maintain it voluntarily should anybody have an accident whilst on the path have I made myself responsible


Edited by dx100uk

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Council public liability I would think


No harm in asking them mind!


I have one too I even get a bit of money to do so but I'm Scotland...



please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.



Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you havent put anything there which may be a hazard or cause injury, youll be ok. You could always contact the council and tell them to come and check. Even fib a little and say if they dont come, youll block it off. Theyll kick up a fuss, but because you havent blocked it off, they cant do anything... but they will come and check.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for your replies, will contact the Council



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

if you maintain it so you can use it there is no comeback on you.  Do not try to improve it though, it is a right of way over someone else's land and it is for the landowner to do anything else. It isnt a road so the idea of maintenance will vary according to where it is. for example a farmer my plough a footpath across a field as long as that doesnt prevent peopel from using  or locating it. If his susequent crop get trampled on the path then that is to be expected and he cant complain nor can he make people walk round.

In short do the minimum required so you can pass along its length and no more or you risk attracting the attention of others who may not be so welcoming of any "improvements"

Edited by ericsbrother

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Please fill in your quit date here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...