Jump to content

rural public footpath


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I live in an area where there are numerous rural footpaths.


The one to the side of our house has a concrete low level sign which states "Public Footpath"


would I be right in thinking for this sign to exist the Local Council must have some involvement????


I maintain this footpath which runs through a small Copse as well which I also Maintain, at my own expense and time then onto farmland.


The path appears on the Ordinance Survey Map and also the Local Ramblers Map,


because I maintain it voluntarily should anybody have an accident whilst on the path have I made myself responsible


Edited by dx100uk
Link to post
Share on other sites


Council public liability I would think


No harm in asking them mind!


I have one too I even get a bit of money to do so but I'm Scotland...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you havent put anything there which may be a hazard or cause injury, youll be ok. You could always contact the council and tell them to come and check. Even fib a little and say if they dont come, youll block it off. Theyll kick up a fuss, but because you havent blocked it off, they cant do anything... but they will come and check.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

if you maintain it so you can use it there is no comeback on you.  Do not try to improve it though, it is a right of way over someone else's land and it is for the landowner to do anything else. It isnt a road so the idea of maintenance will vary according to where it is. for example a farmer my plough a footpath across a field as long as that doesnt prevent peopel from using  or locating it. If his susequent crop get trampled on the path then that is to be expected and he cant complain nor can he make people walk round.

In short do the minimum required so you can pass along its length and no more or you risk attracting the attention of others who may not be so welcoming of any "improvements"

Edited by ericsbrother
Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...