BankFodder BankFodder

WA1306

Birmingham Midshires application for permission to renew a warrant of possession after 6 years

paying anything more off the arrears will help enormously 

send a note to the eviction team that you have done this and the £1000 is to come off the arrears figure.

unless you will hit problems in the future? then i'd save £500 back.

dx

How much are the arrears and how many years are left on the mortgage?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, arrears are of £12, 364 and about 12 years left on mortgage. 

OK, using the Norgan rule  payments of £100 per month towards the arrears would clear them in the remaining term of the mortgage, but only just - you would need to keep those payments up for 12 years without fail.  However the lender might not be too happy about waiting 12 years and may force your hand by applying for an eviction warrant in which case you'd have to get a hearing before a judge for them to decide.  £200 per month would halve the time it takes to clear arrears.  You have to decide what sum you can afford to maintain for a long period.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

What about capitalising arrears to the balance?