• Tweets

• Hi all,   In massive need of your advice!!   Got a finance agreement with MoneyBarn in September of last year (2018). Made regular payments until I had financial difficulties. My last payment to MoneyBarn was April 2019. I since then, did not make payments to them. I did make contact with them and said that the arrears would be cleared as soon as I had sold my property, as I was moving in with my partner instead.   They then filed a default against me. (Although I found this out later on) Unfortunately, I then went through a tough period in my life, in which suffered badly with depression and anxiety. I did inform them of this.   Once the property was sold, I contact them to ask for a breakdown of options and what I could do. I did not receive this. Instead, I had a lovely gentleman turn up at my door saying he has a repossession order and has come to take the car. This was the first time I had heard of this, I wasn’t notified of any defaults prior to this (relating to when I previously mentioned “found out later on) or the termination of the contract.   I have since returned the vehicle after they told me I could not pay the arrears and/or pay 50% of the term and do VT? I have also been told I cannot reinstate my contact.   I have told them about the mental issues I had, and said that I did not appreciate a guy turning up when I have my children and demanding the car. Their reply was “we informed you of the termination and repossession” to which I said “no you didn’t”.   They argue that they sent it to my old address (despite me informing them of the new one) and I even asked the question of “how did the debt management agency know where to go then?” As they then informed me that they didn’t have my new address on file?   I appreciate I owe them money, however, I did say that the amount they are asking for is unrealistic and that I will happily contest in court.    Any my advice will help!!! 
    • Hello DX100UK and all observers. I am delighted to announce I have had no further communication from Shoosmiths Todays date is 20th August 2019  That is the 20 year anniversary of the original decree granted at the Scottish sheriff Court on 20th August 1999 The 20 year prescriptive period should kick into force. Celebrate   Would any further letters now constitute harrassment ?  or does the debt technically still stand but just not enforcable ? They cant seek a new decree ?    
    • Now some at this stage might think I'm leading to doggerland as the site of Atlantis   https://www.winterwatch.net/2019/01/did-the-inspiration-for-atlantis-flood-and-ark-legends-stem-from-paleo-doggerland/           but for a number of reasons, I'm not ... although I think it is a part of the larger story,   Its a little late. I believe the final inundation of doggerland is part of the later Biblical flood and related myths. (Black Sea, Arabian Gulf, West coast of India etc) ... but worthy of mention is that it could effectively make up one of three 'larger' islands as detailed in the legends far better than the Azores does. ... and mammoths/elephants crossed that bridge - although carefully check the dates of those mammoth/elephant migration evidence. They seem to end 11000bp.           http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150722-lost-beasts-of-the-ice-age   http://www.canada.com/technology/Massive+Canadian+melt+have+triggered+flood+biblical+proportions/3954124/story.html   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outburst_flood   http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.html#Sproul    
    • Hi.   Someone reported that your pg1 still had the reg number showing, so I've removed it and left pg2.   HB
  • Our picks

WA1306

Birmingham Midshires application for permission to renew a warrant of possession after 6 years

Don't worry you'll be fine. I'm on eviction no. 8 and off to Court first thing Monday for the fifth time (three evictions were dropped).

Dreading it, but fingers crossed.

The Court sends out an eviction notice by post around 3 weeks prior and pops one through the letterbox 14 days before the eviction date.

I think they are giving you a load of old bull, just pressurising you.

As dx says try not to answer their calls and if they do catch you just say "can you wait a moment while I set up the record app on my phone."

I find this normally changes their attitude.

• Haha 1

I wish you all the best for Monday. Is this hearing after you defended with N244?

I am trying to not take stress but can't stop thinking. Wish I had taken advance from this board when problem started by talking to them on phone.

Yes, you always use the N244 to stop an eviction.

Just be realistic about you can really afford to otherwise you'll end up like me.

But don't get stressrd, I put my chances at 85%, you are definitely 100%, no way any judge will decline your application.

Thanks for your supporting words.

Hi, I was going through some threads on this forum and read about Ell-enn, you suggested someone that if lender don't reply to your arrears repayment offer you can write to court to decide.

I also read somewhere that lender must response to your offer in writing.

In my case, they haven't responded on writing. Can I not ask the court at this stage? I am very worried about going to the eviction stage. Thanks

no that for IF they are brave enough to go that far later on

keep your powder dry!!

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi,

I have been making all monthly normal payments plus 500 towards arrears.

This morning I had missed call on my mobile from them with voicemail. The message was half recorded but starting and ending on alternatively if you want to call back in the meantime please call on number....

I take they are calling for arrears and possibly court action. 

I am scared to call back. What should I do? If it is eviction,  will they call or send letter?

doesn't happen by phone

stop panicking

never ever discus your debts over the phone

writing only put the phone down

block their numbers too.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks, in last conversation back in early February the told they will go for eviction. I have been waiting to hear since then or letter from court.

they will always say that to frighten people

which is why you NEVER use the phone!!

dx

spreadsheets 

Hi,

Just to update the forum, I have been making all payments on time since January 2019. This includes contractual monthly payment plus £500 towards the arrears. 

As I have paid 6 months payments on time, can I ask BM to capitalise the arrears? Last week I received phone call from BM to discuss my account but i asked them to send me in writing. 

Can you guys please advice whether I should request BM to capitalise the arrears as currently mortgage is showing in arrears on my credit report file. I am looking to remortgage 12 months after all payments appear on time on credit report.

Thanks.

Usually you can only do this on first mortgage arrears, and usually only if the value of your home is a lot more than the mortgage. The amount you owe in arrears is added to your total mortgage.(Capital) Obviously your monthly payments will go up and repayment of the arrears are therefore spread over the rest of the term of your mortgage.

BM may be more likely to agree to capitalise the arrears if you have already kept to a repayment agreement for some months....which you have...and BM will usually view capitalising the arrears as a last resort option.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy. The loan on the property is about the 50% of the property value, so lot of equity. 

is there any harm in writing to BM to request capitalising the interest or you suggest to wait few more months? Can anyone help with the letter template?

Thanks.

Well several months is quite  steady...no harm in requesting.

Check The LIbrary we may already have a template ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So they never did apply for eviction?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,

no they didn't apply for eviction. They applied for extension to the reposession order that was granted in 2009. They asked for for the remaining term on the mortgage but court only granted 12 months starting from January 2019.

Since January this year I have been making regular payments. They didn't agree on payments towards arrears but since i have made payments for last 6 months I want the arrears to be capitalised. They in the past capitalised arrears. Last time was about 3 or 4 years ago. 

I don't want to call them but email if you suggest no harm in trying.

Thanks.