• Tweets

• Surprisingly they don't mention AT ALL the other times of usage.    It says tfl byelaws bla bla.. Then the last paragraph is "An application will be made in court for a *** contribution towards the costs of TFL. There will also be an application of *** in respect of the fare avoided. Further costs may be incurred if additional docs are required or the matter is not resolved at the earliest opportunity".    The last sentence is interesting. Leaving it open to an OOC on the day? 
    • On the fiat it should be around 4-5 years so certainly due. It could already have been done and if offered with a full service history it should be noted.  I would get it done if there is no evidence. Expect about £500 from a dealer or £300 from an indi  check the service book. They normally show when it need to be done mileage/time
    • no don't call them. you say they DONT mention at all the other times of usage? usually it will say byelaw bla bla  and in the statement say and XXX other times counted to [no.] being TIC if you plead guity and attend which you MUST do
    • Thank you for clearing that up BazzaS.   I am under the assumption that the other offences are TIC given the fact that I admitted the period of use (5 months) in my first letter which gave my explanation of events. In response to my first letter, they decided to prosecute me for the single offence (under the byelaws).    I will call them to double check on this though.     
    • Thank you for your help. I do understand and I can see how it looks to tax credits however they aren’t telling me exactly what evidence they have. When I called them last week (haven’t spoke to the compliance team since) he said there is strong evidence but didn’t say what and then asked me what doctors he uses? I said I have no idea as I don’t.   do you think I should contact them again and explain everything again and also about the universal credit claim and what they advised? Just feel I’m gonna be in the wrong no matter what I do now as it’s either do a joint claim but he ain’t here in that capacity or do a single claim but risk it being investigated again due to him using this address.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
        • Thanks
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
WA1306

Birmingham Midshires application for permission to renew a warrant of possession after 6 years

actually I think that's a good result for you.

keep your nose clean for a year and they cant then do anything.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Excuse me for my ignorance but I still don't understand the process. I will make sure to keep paying towards mortgage payments and arrears but if due to unforseen reasons I fail, does this mean now they have powers to evict me without further notice to court?

As I had conflict with them can they use this power now to get rid of me?

NO!

they still have to apply for eviction which you will get ample warning of AND it would still have to be granted by a judge

if you are making the required payments, then if you GO READ, other eviction threads here, you'll see rarely is that ever granted.

did you not read that thread I pointed too earlier...….

instead of sitting here thinking up the next question to ask go research your issue..

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

I paid this month's payment as well as 500 towards the arrears. Still haven't heard anything from them regarding my offer of payment towards arrears or any other paperwork from them regarding court decision.

Yesterday I had 2 phone calls from their customer service which I didn't answer. Then a email asking me to call them regarding my complaint. I replied back to email saying please contact me through email and no phone calls due to previous experience.

Nothing in reply to my yesterday's email yet.

Hi,

Please see attached letrer from Birmingham midshire complaint team. Very confusing as I didn't register complaint about my payment offer. This letter is in response to the letter I sent them for arrears payment proposal but they have taken it as I registered complaint.

Letrer also asking me to speak with the eviction team so they can consider my proposal.

Can you please read attached letter and Advise what should I do next? I don't want them to go to the next enforcement step on the basis that I didn't contract them.

Many thanks.

complaint.pdf

Ring the eviction team as advised and make your proposal...have all your figures to hand and I&E.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have very bad experience with discussing this over the phone. I have been advised by this board not to make any contact over the phone.

Ell-enn or dx100uk, Please advise.

Hi, Please advise whether I should call the eviction team to do income and expenditure over the phone? Is it possible this can be done by post?

Hi, I am getting worried now. As I haven't contacted the eviction team to do income and expenditure and agree on payment plan they might srart next stage any time.

Shall I give them call today and do this over the phone? Is there any template I can use to do on my own and send by post? Will it be easier to agree on phone?

I have done attached income and expenditure. I am planning to send this by post later tonight with proposal of 500 every month towards arrears.

Ell-enn, kindly review this and suggest if looks ok.

Thanks.

BUDGETCALCULATOR (1).pdf

I would suggest using the affixed budget sheet - it calculates automatically and it's easier to see what's left over etc.

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks Ell-enn. Shall I give them call? I asked this my case worker at ombudsmen, he suggested it is acceptable for lender to speak over the phone for the income and expenditure.

It might be an idea to send the budget sheet with a letter along the following lines:

Re Account No XXXXX

Dear Sirs,

Following your request for income and expenditure details please find affixed budget sheet which shows my ability to sustain the offer of £XXX per month towards the arrears on the account.

Your response to this offer will be reported to the court in defence of any enforcement action you may take as I believe I have complied with your request and made a reasonable and affordable offer of payment.

I trust this is sufficient for your purpose and look forward to your written acceptance of the offer of payment.

Make sure you keep a copy of the letter and send by special delivery - check it has been signed for and print off the receipt.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you. I ended up sending this by e-mail. I hope this shouldn't make much difference. If needed by post, Please advise and I will send hard copy by post.

Hi, not knowing it was Birmingham midshire, I took phone call from them just now.

It was from eviction team. They said they are not accepting my offer towards the arrears and want full arrears to be paid before any legal action can be stopped.

They also said they have applied to the court for eviction date warrant. I will get letter hand delivered by bailiff with eviction date.

I asked to send me refusal of my offer in writing but they said they won't.

I am very worried now. Seems like matter is getting out of my hands.

Please advise what should be my next step to stop this. I already pairs 1500 plus 200 towards the arrears.

Please excuse my ignorance, will there be hearing in the court allowing me to attend and ask judge to consider my proposal? Or they will get eviction date without hearing?

There is no eviction warrant

Should have simply said writing only and put the phone down.!!

They will say anything on the phone as they know you are suseptable to threats they would never put in writing..and of course you didn't record the call....

I know I should have put the phone down but i got panicking about all this.

When you say there is no eviction warrant,

is it not true that court granted them permission to execute the suspended repossession order granted in 2009?

Can they now get the eviction date without court hearing?

If court hearing will I be able to defend?

I did go through the thread you asked me to.

Still not clear.

Shall I now wait for the bailiff with eviction date and then defend?

Can't I do anything at this stage?

I can't pay full arrears around 15000.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

No

No

Yes

No need

Already doing so

They told me over the phone that you will know the eviction date from hand delivered letter by bailiff.

I don't want to go to that stage where they get the eviction date.

Is it possible to ask the court to set aside the judgment given on 23rd January?

Hi, the court have given them permission to issue an eviction notice so the only thing you can do now is wait and see if they do issue a warrant for eviction. If they do, then you can apply to the court for a nearing to have it stopped. This is done on an N244 and we will help you with the application.

You can show the court copies of your letters of offers of payment and proof of what you have already paid. If you can show the court that you are able to make payments going forward it is very unlikely that they will allow the eviction.

Thank you. They said over the phone that they will issue eviction warrant.

I hope you guys can help with n244.

If court decides against me after n244 and then some how I manage to clear the arrears then will I have that option or will it be too late then?

rarely will a judge rule against an n244, esp with the history you have of offers already made and the papertrail.

it is really best if you forget what you were told over the phone.

one of the main things you should have picked up from reading that thread is stop panicking about things.

never ever ring them or talk on the phone EVER.

they always lie to gain payment as they often get commission to their wages if they do.

if you must use the phone RECORD you call.

sit tight stop worrying.

Lets not worry about what would happen if you lost the hearing - it's highly unlikely - I've been involved in many, many eviction defences over the last 10 years or so and the only ones that lost were the ones with no income to make payments (3 or 4 out of about 300 I think) . I will help you with the N244 appliction so lets just wait and see what they do.

Thanks Ell-enn. I will be very grateful to you for helping me with N244. With 4 children I don't know what would happen if they get the possession.