Halifax/Birmingham Midshires - repeated warrants/eviction/repo attempts **RESOLVED AGAIN**

WA1306
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will get the email address and postage address tomorrow morning.

I am slightly concerned that I offered them to pay £2000 every month over the phone on Friday and also paid 1500 on the phone.

From income and expenditure they did with me over the phone there is surplus of 3292. I won't feel comfortable committing to pay 2000 towards arrears every month just for arrears and 1175 for contractual monthly instalment.

I can easily pay 500 towards arrears comfortably. Specially my next monthly payment is due on 27th. Having already paid 1500 few days ago I won't be able to pay 1175 plus 2000 on 27th.

I tried to contact the court few times today to find out if I need to attend the hearing on Wednesday or is it just paper hearing but couldn't get through the automted service. Will try again tomorrow.

I have got the eviction team email address and postal address.

Ell-enn, Please help with the offer letter so I can email offer to them. Does this need to be before the hearing on Wednesday?

It doesn't need to be before Wednesday - there is no hearing as we have already explained srveral times

In order for me to help you with the letter I will need some information - please answer the following in order:

1. is the mortgage in joint names ?

2. how long has the mortgage left to run?

3. how much can you comfortably afford to pay each month towards the arrears?

remember you will have to prove your income and expenditure in court if the lender does go ahead with an eviction warrant and we have to put in a defence.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

1. is the mortgage in joint names ? Yes, with my sister who is married. She no longer has financial interest in this and only keeping her name because getting it removed was not a simple change. I only make mortgage payments.

2. how long has the mortgage left to run? 10 years

3. how much can you comfortably afford to pay each month towards the arrears? £500. Although last week after income and expenditure I offered 2000 but I think that won't be affordable if anything happens.

Edited by dx100uk
format

OK, I'll draft a letter for you in the morning as I'm working on something else tonight. Are you able to work with Word documents ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, affixed is a draft letter - you need to put your address at the top and the correct lender department and address where indicated.

Sign the letter and make sure you take a copy and keep it safe as we may need it to put with a court defence.

Send by Special Delivery (costs around £6 but they get it next day and have to sign for it) make sure you keep the postal receipt safe as it will have a tracking number on it - you then check on the royal mail website a few days after posting the print off the signature receipt - keep that safe with the copy letter.

WA 1306 letter.doc

Just checked online, letter was delivered this morning.

Shall I just wait for their response to whether offer accepted or not or call them to find out?

I don't know what decision court gave yesterday. Will there be a letter from court to inform us the decision?

Don't ring them! wait for their reply. I expect the court will advise you of the decision, but they can take quite a while to get the letters out so don't be surprised if it doesn't appear for a week or so.

I expect BM mortgage will reply in either case. Can they completely ignore my request without any reply and go ahead with eviction?

After the court decision on Wednesday, next step for them is to send me eviction letrer telling me the date I need to leave the property? Or is there any further stage?

I am very worried as it sounds I am very close to eviction.

remember now the GOLDENN RULE...NEVER EVER TALK ON THE PHONE AGAIN.. unless we tell you too.

there is no eviction...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Talking to them over the phone has always been stressful. Had I avoided that in the past I wouldn't have been in so much arrears.

What do you mean there is no eviction?

Also, next mortgage payment is due on 27th January. Shall I pay additional 500 towards the arrears even if they don't reply by then or refuse my offer?

there is no eviction..stop latching onto that word

they've got to apply for it etc etc

they probably only did this because you stopped payment and found they couldn't evict you as nothing was in force to allow them do it IF they want too.

now there is , but you've re opened comms so even if they did try any judge will not allow it.

you made a mistake, that's the only reason this all started.

yes pay what you have promised.

and STAY off the phone..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The reason I am using this word is that I still don't understand the stage my mortgage account is at.

It is still not clear to me whether 9 years old spo is still valid or whether they asked for it to be enforceable.

I agree I made mistake by not paying.

well they wouldn't of gone to court asking for permission to possibly apply for a warrant IN THE FUTURE if they could have just gone for an eviction.

you need to read post 15 CAREFULLY..and understand it.

and they

You should most definitely pay what you have offered in your letter. If they do apply for an eviction warrant then we will be able to show that you have kept to the arrangement you offered.

The 9 year old SPO will always be valid, however if they haven't actioned it in the last 6 years they have to ask the court for permission to do so. As you have got into quite a bit of arrears they are probably covering themselves in case your arrears get worse and they have to try for eviction.

While I was panicking last week, I contacted ombudsmen for outcome of my complaint.

Today I received email asking me to sign the form and explain what has actually happened since my complaint.

Will this complaint have negative effects on my offer to Birmingham midshire? Or shall I continue with complaint?

The complaint will make no difference to your offer - it's a separate issue.

Hi,

Just got home from work and found letter from court. Please see attached.

It looks like claimants solicitor attended the hearing but I didn't.

The permission is granted valid for 1 year while claimant requested for 6 years.

Where do I stand now? Next step for me please .

Appreciate your help.

got 1yrs SPO added.pdf

actually I think that's a good result for you.

keep your nose clean for a year and they cant then do anything.

dx

and they

Excuse me for my ignorance but I still don't understand the process. I will make sure to keep paying towards mortgage payments and arrears but if due to unforseen reasons I fail, does this mean now they have powers to evict me without further notice to court?

As I had conflict with them can they use this power now to get rid of me?

NO!

they still have to apply for eviction which you will get ample warning of AND it would still have to be granted by a judge

if you are making the required payments, then if you GO READ, other eviction threads here, you'll see rarely is that ever granted.

did you not read that thread I pointed too earlier...….

instead of sitting here thinking up the next question to ask go research your issue..

and they

I paid this month's payment as well as 500 towards the arrears. Still haven't heard anything from them regarding my offer of payment towards arrears or any other paperwork from them regarding court decision.

Yesterday I had 2 phone calls from their customer service which I didn't answer. Then a email asking me to call them regarding my complaint. I replied back to email saying please contact me through email and no phone calls due to previous experience.

Nothing in reply to my yesterday's email yet.