• Tweets

• Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
jojonlp

VCS ANPR PCN Claimform - Berkeley Centre, Sheffield, S11 8PN - out of time?

I have also completed the Acknowledgment of Service ( AOS)

well I hope you didn't file a defence yet?

but if you did

I hope it was simply one of our 2 or 3 line ones.

defence was not due till day 33

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

s dx says, Ihope you have just doen the AOS and not put anything down as a defence because you want to wait for their (non) response to your CPR31.14 request, which you should have sent  by post at the same time as doing the online AOS

we dotn write suggestions because we want to look good ij front of other caggers, we do so because they have a purpose and try prevent people from shooting themselves in the foot. If you dotn understand somehting, ask before making a decision. Your questions will help others to understand what they will need to do at the same stage so wont be wasted.

On 16/05/2019 at 18:45, jojonlp said:

Hi,

I have to say the new site looks great :)

Regarding the parking issue, I have just received what looks like papers from a county court from these crooks. The papers look like the normal kangaroo courts you often see now in this country these days.

They say I have 14 days to reply but or the judgement may be taken in my absence, if I upload the images here will they be view able by everyone?, that of course is not a major problem I just really don't want to give these crooks any help at all in continuing to extort money from me.

Thanks,

hi, i am in similar situation to yours, and would appreciate your help.

did you receive a letter before claim prior to the county court papers, and if so , did you reply to them, giving them financial details etc

as i have received a letter, and i am not sure whether to reply to this or not

Please create your own topic by clicking create in the top red banner

This one is for advising JJ

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

as you have read this thread you will know the answer, you sned the short response suggested and dont fill out the form as you arent going to lose at court.

In tyhe meanwhile you do your homework and read up on parking matters and supply us with the dates and times of the event ect in your own thread

Hi,

I have cocked up so hands up to that. If you are new to their site its not that clear which part of the site you were in. I did ask and I did get replies to help me but I messed up because I thought I was in the AOS part, but only at the end of the section realised that I had followed an incorrect flow and inadvertently filed my defense.

However that said I called the court today and was assured that I would be given several more opportunities to put my defense in.

Can you tell me what documents needs to be listed in the CPR 31.14, I intend to get that over to the VCS as a matter of urgency, I intend to posit this tomorrow, so if you could let me know how it needs to look I would appreciate it.

In order to try to recover the situation I plan to send in my defense by post and am also prepared to send a friend over to the hearing on my behalf if they run the case in my area, which I am told is common when it goes to court. The clerk advised that I would also get a chance to send in my defense by post.

So I need to start compiling my defense based on the information I have now and possibly add to it once I know how the CPR 31.14 request goes

Rabialioness, No I didn't receive an income and expenditure form ahead of the court docs, the Income and expenditure forms were part of the court pack.

Thanks,

rabialioness

well we roughly get 5-10 claimform threads a month here

you are the 1st that has not been able to follow the simple guide posted in post 23 here copied below again

as for the cpr 31:14

its in the link above

you don't need to adapt anything

as for your defence

it will be the std 2 or 3 line one in just about any other PNC claimform topic here already.

so... what defence did you mistakenly file on MCOL??

it is early days yet, you need to submit the AOS as said and then an outline of what your defence is within a month fo getting the claim form. After that the court will send you another form called the allocation questionnaire and this determines what court and what track the claim will be heard, The default is your local county court and small claims track or procedure. When the court tells you the date of the hearing you will be given a deadline for exchanging your detailed documents and sending a copy of the same to that court.

You may well have to wait 6 months for that to happen so spend some time reading up on the subject and by all menas ask questions about other threads and cases you bump into but stick to this thread so we can follow your progress

Please fill in your quit date here