• Tweets

• Thanks,    I've read the info from the link, nothing I wasn't aware of really. I wouldn't talk to a DCA anyway or anybody else over the phone for just about anything, hence the reason I refused to give them my details when they rang up. The only "conversation" I had was when they rang me and asked me to confirm my details, which I refused to do because it could have been anybody on the phone and as I said, I'd never heard of them anyway at that point. I asked them to contact me in writing, if they wished to pursue the matter, with "a copy of the Agreement" and the reply was that "there isn't one". At that point I said "we have nothing more to discuss then" and ended the call.    I'm still not happy about posting the entire details online but I'll take a look at some of the other threads to see if there's anything relative. 
    • Looks like my mistake. The new machine requires the full reg to be entered now, whereas before, only the first two numbers were required. I entered the first two numbers.
    • Reciveed a summary warrant, phoned up the council who said it was not longer anything to do with them and I'd have to speak to walker love the firm who deal with their summary warrants. I said I wouldn't have anything to do with them becasue it looks like a dodgy dca and I  I don't trust them, the debt is with the council not walker love. Anyway turns out they have no record of an arrangement to pay last years outstanding amount so whatever's gone wrong they have cancelled this years installments, even though regular payments have been made, they then took a summary warrant for last years and this years outstanding amount. I've cleared last years outstanding amount to the council and have a payment reference number, and the council say they'll make contact regarding a single person's discount  which was missed and then calculate the payments for the rest of this year. They say they sent out three letters threatening the summary warrant which were not received. Now to my question, my argument that the debt was with the council and not walker love, and as I've paid and agreed to pay what and the council say they'll contact walker love and stop the action, is this correct or will walker love still pursue? 
    • I'm trying to get my head around this. In effect, over the years you have been paying your own bill for yourself and also the bill for your neighbours usage as well – as metered. At the same time your neighbours have been paying their own water bills based on an SS charge. This means that Yorkshire water have been receiving double for your neighbours water. Now they are proposing to return to you the portion which which they now say represents the amount of water used by a neighbour. I think it would be interesting to talk to your neighbours and see if you can get copies of their bills over the years. Our Yorkshire water proposing to return to you the same amount of money that they charge your neighbours? Even if your neighbours don't have all of their bills to hand, maybe they've got one or two bills available and if it looks as if there is a discrepancy then maybe your neighbours would be kind enough to send the water company and SAR as well. I don't know if I have suggested that you read our customer services guide – but if I haven't then you should do so and implement the advice there in case you have any telephone dealings with the auto company. You haven't said whether you want to have a metered supply or to have an SS charge. Please let us know because it makes a big difference to the final solution you will be looking for. If you want to metered supply then I think you are absolutely entitled to insist on it and you are entitled to insist that Yorkshire water and if this is in your garden, they should then pay for any repairs.
  • Our picks

Sign in to follow this  
NewsBot

Obesity overtaking smoking as biggest Welsh health risk

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 183 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sign in to follow this