• Tweets

• Hello, I wonder if I could get some advice.  In 2008 I took out a loan with LLoyds TSB and paid it successfully  until 2012, the balance was £8500 approx at that time.  Since then I've been struggling financially and healthwise.  For the first years after the default in 2012, I maintained a small DMP with them, but even that became too much and I went down to £1 a month in 2016.  In 2017, they sold the debt on to PRA and I maintained payment after going to Stepchange for advice. Periodically, they've called me and I've been able to carry on with this. This year has been different, my wife died earlier in the year and since then, I've had to be there for my kids and have not been in a good place mentally as her death - after months - is still awaiting an inquest and I have not yet fully come to terms with it. The payments have been made by DD and I have not missed one, I've checked and it was on time - their letter alleges breach as I did not make payment 08/072019, I've checked and I have, the payment date is quoted as 09/07/2019.  The letter is dated 19/08/2018. Because of my mental state, I haven't, been answering the phone really unless it's a family member as I can't really take the burden of the stress - I have several debts, most of which have been sold on, they've been ringing me too I guess - so I suppose I must take some blame as I should have answered.  However, PRA have been the only one to have done this, using a provable lie to pressurise. Obviously, I must force myself to respond to this, but I'm ill, I'm out of work now and I lack clarity at the moment and I'm not sure how to respond to this as I'm not fit for a prolonged dispute.   Any advice that could be given so that I can write to them would be greatly appreciated,
    • Just getting my stuff together to send. A question - I have various statements from them, following my DSAR, from as far back as 2005. This is part of my evidence that HSBC do have records going back much further than their claimed six years. However, I must have over a 150 pages of sporadic statements that show this, would you advise I scan / copy them all?
    • Hello. I feel this may be considered to be a petty complaint on my part but would really appreciate views and insight please and I promise to wear my big girl pants and not take offence.  I have lived in my home since 1986. My neighbours moved in a year or two afterwards. In November 2013 I had solar panels installed optimised individually by solar edge and the panels are meant to be ' self cleaning'.  On Wednesday 21.8.19, my semi detached neighbours had a new TV aerial and a satellite dish fitted. It's near to my boundary wall,but clearly fitted on their own wall. I did not look out while his installer was working and did not know what had been done till I went to the front door to see what all the drilling was about then later to get washing in and saw the items on a flex pole. My issue, and this may be where you say I'm being petty, is that the  aerial is angled back and is over my airspace and sitting over my end solar panel. I went next door and told my neighbour my concern about birds sitting on the  aerial and guano issues as well as shading potential interns of the panel.  He said he'd ring the installer. Next morning, he is cleaning in his garden. I saw him and asked if he'd spoken to his installer. He said yes and the chap couldn't get back for 2 weeks.i asked if it could not be sooner, could the aerial not just be slightly moved when the discussion became heated. He said I had no rights to the space above my roof, I had to look at other aerials In the immediate area and he'd taken pictures and would do something if birds mucked Inthe panels and if it was him, he would have bought panels from a company who visited to clean them. I told him I fully appreciated the signal issue but asked could he not have the aerial on the chimney as I do and he told me not to be stupid as he had a dish as well and dishes cannot go on a chimney. I told him I was aware of this. He was by now shouting at me to listen and as I said, it became heated. He then said if I thought the air above my homeward mine I could sort the issue and he would cancel the installer call back. I rang his installer. My neighbours had not recontacted him. He asked if my concern was birds pooping on my panels  and the metal Ariel shadow would have no impact on panel generation and he would ring my neighbour. I am on my own and hate conflict and feel a little intimidated, but am also sure I've done nothing wrong. He told me it was my responsibility to have come out as the work was being done. So, please be frank, am I being petty? Should I just live with this ? I'm aware neighbour issues can escalate and have no desire for that, I just want the darned thing angling slightly away from my solar panel. My aeriels are the chimney ones...his is the new one at the front aspect. Thanks for reading this. 
    • Sorry I should have seen that. Vcs always reply to SARS at the very last minute 
    • Sar(email to VCS) went on 07/08/19 and CPR letter went on 14/08/19 to dcb legal.
  • Our picks

Throwaway

MET PCN - NO NTK Received - BP Stansted SF Connect, CM24 1PY

Good evening,

I have received a letter from MET Parking Services starting that a fine is now overdue, the problem is, no initial letter was sent.

They are demanding payment within 14 days, what is the best way forward. I go to Stansted a lot and I'm not 100% sure the charge is genuine as it was from a few months ago.

Date of incident is the first week of November and this is the first letter I have received regarding this (today).

can you scan up the document where they use the word FINE please??

please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(3-Viewing)-nbsp

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

1 Date of the infringement

04/11/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

Not received

3 Date received

PARKING CHARGE NOTICE REMINDER Received today

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?]

Not received

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Not received

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal]

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/N

7 Who is the parking company?

MET PARKING SERVICES

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

BP Stansted SF Connect, CM24 1PY

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20190116_225545.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My bad, it doesn't mention 'fine'

why didn't you get the NTK?

haven't moved recently have you?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

We moved mid December and have had a redirection service put in place for mail too. I have no idea why we haven't received it.

have you updated DVLA licence and V5C??

probably went to the old address

I believe some of these PPC letters state do not redirect on them.

dx

spreadsheets 

Yes, all of those were done just before our move too. We were at the old address for 5 weeks after the incident, surely it would've come during that period.

EDIT: I am speaking on behalf of my father btw.

Hi

I have just looked at the site in question from Google Street View and while I can read the sign at the entrance, it just states BP customers only, Max stay 30 minutes. While the images of the site in question are from 2017, that is the only sign I can see. Up to date photographs should be taken as if the sign at the entrance is the only one, they cannot invent a charge with those details printed for the simple reason. Double yellow lines on private land are basically graffiti and have no legal standing.

The first port of call should be the manager of the petrol station.

I am going to alert BP via Twitter to see what they have to say on this (if at all)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

they never send them out in time so no surprise this is the first he has heard of this.

My advice will be to write to the DVLA and ask who has appleid for the keeper details and when. Then once you ahve this info you can complain to the ICO about the DVLA handing it out without a reason to do so if there is any mistakes in MET's procedure.

use this info to tell them to foxtrot oscar later. In the meanwhile ignore them completely

The site is a known problem

- - - Updated - - -

also get your dad to post instead of you so we can get the precise answers to any future questions.

This thread seems to have petered out without a definitive answer. The same has just happened to me and I'm not sure what to do. We haven't moved, we've been at the same house for 10 years but we had no notification until this overdue notice.

I guess the law has moved on since this thread was started and there are lots of posts about the BP garage at Stansted, so I suspect contacting the manager won't help (judging by the posts they really couldn't care less). Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You need to start a new thread of your own please, then the guys can advise you. To start a new thread, scroll up to the maroon band at the top of the page, click on Create and then Topic.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi, 

I forgot to update the thread. We complained saying we didn't receive it to BP on twitter. After a few emails we got a letter saying they're going reduce the pcn to the initial amount. 

Throwaway it is a shame you didn't come back to us as we would have advised you still to ignore them. Looks like they were trying the vanishing ticket [problem] that would not have stood up in Court even if they had been stupid enough to try and sue you.

Oh wow. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but if it does I'll keep that in mind!

so you paid?

spreadsheets 

email removed we don't allow that tony

spreadsheets