got someone else's statement mixed up with mine

AppleCrumble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well title says it all really .. have received my microfiche info from Abbey and there is a rogue sheet with someone else's info on it. Not much info, but hey ho.

i am sending it back to Abbey with a letter requesting some of my statements which I am missing (I have rec some from 00 - 05, and the last year, but they missed the chunk inbetween which coincidentally has alot of charges on them!) :mad: :mad:

Anybody good with the legalities could help me word the letter to express my SHOCK and OUTRAGE that they could jeopardise someone's privacy like that :shock::D:p

Apple x

this seems to be happening to alot of people, I got someone else's too, I sent it to the person in question as their address was on it and sent a letter to capital one too. Anyway apparently there are issues regarding it being Abbey's property and it needs to be returned to them.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

The statement I received didn't have an address on, just the account number so I just returned it to Abbey in a sealed envelope & said that i was shocked at them treating our info so slapdash-ily

tut tut very unimpressive though isn't it?

Apple x

• 2 months later...

The same thing happened to me. But the grief was compounded when I had realised that the £5k cheque deposit was on the statements that didn't belong to me. Not impressed. There are no contact details for the other person either so I will have to return the statements to Barclays and maybe fulfill the nagging temptation to report this to the Information Commissioner.

my husband recieved a letter from nationwide telling him that they had accidently sent his account number and surname to another customer, they still havent sent his statements to him, does anyone know how i should respond to thier letter as we only got it yesterday

Ask for a new account immediately and complain to the Information Commissioner.

Do not close your old account until you have the new account.

One of our users reported that in similar circumstances he was asked to close the account first. he did so and a few weeks later it dawned on him that they weren't going to give him the new account.

It is a good opportunity to get rid of troublesome accounts but letting the customer be the one to close the account.

Insist on receiving the arrangements for the new account and moving to it in writing.

Complain to the FOS if there is any monkey business.

Do not expect your bank to deal honestly or fairly with you if they think that you will be bring a bank charges claim.

Don't forget that nationwide on the BBC last week said that customers who received bank charges were "serial abusers" of their accounts.

You can't expect much straight-dealing from people who hold those kinds of views and are prepared to express them on National Radio.

Thanks for the help bankfodder, I am writing to them now, demanding a new account number, and informing them that hubby will not be making any transactions on account till new account number arrives, so any transactions should be deemed as fraudulent, Luckily there is only £132 actually in the account.