• Tweets

• Good luck on the day. VCS rarely win these cases for a variety of reasons. Please post up there Witness Statement when you get it plus start one of your own.  Do not send yours off until you have seen theirs and we have added our comments to give you the best chance of winning.
    • Just received a hearing date for this, it's 21/03/22 which means my witness statement needs to be in before 7th March - is that right?    When do VCS have to pay the court fee by?
    • Hi all,   Yet another lost parcel claim from Hermes. Would be grateful for comments!   Here are the high level details:   Date Sent: 11 Jan 21 what was the item:  Razerblade Laptop 2018 (my personal laptop) what was its value: £1,000 (based on depreciation estimates of the full value paid = 1,900, the fact is was upgraded with a new battery and hard drive) was the item properly declared: Yes was the value properly declared: Yes did you take out the so-called insurance: No did you book this with HERMES directly: Yes Was the parcel simply lost? Or is it damaged and then destroyed? Or is it simply damage?: Lost at the Hermes depot   The post code was initially incorrect so the Hermes courier rightly returned the parcel to the depot giving the inconsistency with the address/postcode (this was confirmed by customer services based on the tracking data). After providing customer services with the correct post code, the tracking status did not move. Loads of customer service calls and emails + a search of the depot, it was concluded that the parcel was lost.   I received the expected email saying I would not be able to claim based on the laptop being on the excluded list.  I understand from reading existing posts that my next step is to send a letter of claim before preparing the particulars of claim to the county court.   I drafted the letter below - is this ok?   Dear Hermes Parcelnet Limited, On 11/01/22 I paid £8.98 for you to deliver a parcel (Parcel ID: xxxxx). On 13/01/22, I was notified there was a delay with the delivery of the Hermes parcel and that I would be updated when my parcel would be sent out for delivery. On 18/01/2022, I contacted customer services. It was concluded that there was an error with the post code and that the Hermes courier returned the parcel to the depot on 13/01/2022 given the inconsistency with the address and the post code. Customer services confirmed the parcel was in the depot and I updated customer services with the correct postcode for the parcel to be sent. After numerous calls, emails and further investigation (including a search of the depot), on the 26/01/2022, it was concluded that the parcel was lost.   I received a Support Incident Update stating that I would be unable to claim based on the lost item being on the exclusion list (laptop). I do not find this outcome to be satisfactory. The item was properly declared to you and you were aware from the outset that it was a laptop.  It is highly likely that the laptop has been stolen by somebody employed by you given it's last known location was at your depot. The insurance that you offer against your company’s negligence and failure to deliver the service under contract is an unfair term under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable. I am once again requesting a full refund of the item’s market value (£1,000), as well as the delivery fee (£8.98) which is total sum of £1,008.98. If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days from the date of this letter, I will issue legal proceedings against you in the county court without any further notice.   Yours Sincerely,
    • Just to clarify, FTM's original response is the way to go?  More than happy to be sending words of those effect just want to make sure it's the right avenue.  Also, the follow up to UKPC is the right thing to do?    Sorry to be a pain, want to make sure I get it right.  Really appreciate everyone's time and replies.
  • Our picks

got someone else's statement mixed up with mine

AppleCrumble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well title says it all really .. have received my microfiche info from Abbey and there is a rogue sheet with someone else's info on it. Not much info, but hey ho.

i am sending it back to Abbey with a letter requesting some of my statements which I am missing (I have rec some from 00 - 05, and the last year, but they missed the chunk inbetween which coincidentally has alot of charges on them!) :mad: :mad:

Anybody good with the legalities could help me word the letter to express my SHOCK and OUTRAGE that they could jeopardise someone's privacy like that :shock::D:p

Apple x

this seems to be happening to alot of people, I got someone else's too, I sent it to the person in question as their address was on it and sent a letter to capital one too. Anyway apparently there are issues regarding it being Abbey's property and it needs to be returned to them.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

The statement I received didn't have an address on, just the account number so I just returned it to Abbey in a sealed envelope & said that i was shocked at them treating our info so slapdash-ily

tut tut very unimpressive though isn't it?

Apple x

• 2 months later...

The same thing happened to me. But the grief was compounded when I had realised that the £5k cheque deposit was on the statements that didn't belong to me. Not impressed. There are no contact details for the other person either so I will have to return the statements to Barclays and maybe fulfill the nagging temptation to report this to the Information Commissioner.

my husband recieved a letter from nationwide telling him that they had accidently sent his account number and surname to another customer, they still havent sent his statements to him, does anyone know how i should respond to thier letter as we only got it yesterday

Ask for a new account immediately and complain to the Information Commissioner.

Do not close your old account until you have the new account.

One of our users reported that in similar circumstances he was asked to close the account first. he did so and a few weeks later it dawned on him that they weren't going to give him the new account.

It is a good opportunity to get rid of troublesome accounts but letting the customer be the one to close the account.

Insist on receiving the arrangements for the new account and moving to it in writing.

Complain to the FOS if there is any monkey business.

Do not expect your bank to deal honestly or fairly with you if they think that you will be bring a bank charges claim.

Don't forget that nationwide on the BBC last week said that customers who received bank charges were "serial abusers" of their accounts.

You can't expect much straight-dealing from people who hold those kinds of views and are prepared to express them on National Radio.

Thanks for the help bankfodder, I am writing to them now, demanding a new account number, and informing them that hubby will not be making any transactions on account till new account number arrives, so any transactions should be deemed as fraudulent, Luckily there is only £132 actually in the account.