jotty

Rooftop refusing to supply info from SAR

You say that they have admitted the claim???

This means you will apply for judgement?

Thanks in advance for the donation.  Very kind.

We would like very much to have a copy of the judgement and you should send copies to the ICO and FCA as part of a complaint.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yes they have paid the amount claimed so I’m just waiting for a copy from court. 

Not had a response yet from ICO but will be telling them in due course.

Let’s see what they don’t want me to see in the SAR

If they paid the amount claimed in full I guess that means my claim had been satisfied doesn’t it ? 

Edited by jotty

password CD is normal unless you ask for it to be on paper. Most default to paper, but to save ink/paper/environment etc they go on cd

• Thanks 1

I think that you may have to apply for the judgment - I'm not sure that it will be generated automatically

I have checked and I cant ask for a judgement if they pay within the specified time. Was a decent shot across their bows though I guess.

Ready to look into charges now but cant find the spreadsheet as there appears to be a few broken links, can someone nudge me in the right direction please ?

More than a few broken links I'm afraid. I'm sure the site team will have a hunt around – but maybe you could as well please. And then let us know if you find it. It certainly around here somewhere. I suggest that you begin by looking in the mortgages section of the library

Also, if you find a broken link, please could you post a link to it source so we can see the context of it and then we will have a better chance finding the target.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

More than a few broken links I'm afraid. I'm sure the site team will have a hunt around – but maybe you could as well please. And then let us know if you find it. It certainly around here somewhere. I suggest that you begin by looking in the mortgages section of the library

Yes spent last hour trying, annoying thing is i had a copy until recently - aarghh !

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Well where did you find these broken links. That will gives a place to start

Unless you really want me to spend another hour trying, I have looked in the library and it gives the "sorry there is a problem" message and then I tried most of the threads relating to unfair fees and tend to get the same error message.

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

Edited by jotty

No I really don't want to put you to any more trouble – but if you could simply show me where one of these links is – then I may be able to track down the target and then repair the link.

So where are you finding the link? If it's an AutoLink then please would you type the trigger phrase or word in your next post and that will help me to find it.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Could it be this 

Yes thats one I looked at but the link to the spreadsheet seems to have gone, also tried searching for the CIS spreadsheet but get same message that it doesnt exist.

Edited by jotty

the above is document link which was broken and I've now repaired.

You still aren't showing me where you are finding this broken link.

Please will you link me to the post which contains the link which is broken and then I have a chance of finding it.

Just tried searching again and can’t find a link to the charges spreadsheet template.

2 hours ago, dx100uk said:

in the PPI forum where they have always been

Yes thanks, wish I’d known before I spent an hour going rough old threads, found my copy as well now doh !

Had a look at the various statements this morning and I have excluded things such as solicitors fees etc as per the advice.

Am I correct in thinking I can include :-

Misc Fees £30, Arrears management fees £40-£50, Agents Fee £50-£94 (no actual contact ever made), Default Notice £25.

I am also being charged interest, £9 a month, on the balance of the fees which they claim stands at £4590 (which includes Sols fees and Insurance fees) 

The total amount calculated since Dec 2007 using the spreadsheet is £3790 inc 8%.

Advice please before I take the next step.CISheet redv101.xls

Hi 

With regards to their admission and payment already made ...take a read of the relevant CPR

In particular CPR 14 .3 and 14.4.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part14

But given that they have already settled the amount...then requesting judgment would be pointless as the claim is settled.So you can either leave the claim stayed or discontinue the claim.

Regards

Andy

Although it would be pointless from the point of view that it wouldn't gain you any thing else – as you have your money and also you have your disclosure, a judgement would be very important. It is about time these institutions get a slap and the one thing they don't want is they don't want a judgement against them for breach of statutory duty – which this is.

I was very surprised when you told us that it was not possible to apply for a judgement – rather sceptical in fact. On the basis of what Andyorch has said, it seems to me that you are able to apply for adjustment and I would urge you strenuously to do so.

If you manage to obtain a copy of the judgement – then we would be extremely pleased to publish it here and it is this kind of thing that makes the effort that we put into helping people all worthwhile.

Also, the judgement would be sent to the ICO as part of a complaint and also to the FCA. Whereas these institutions don't seem to take ordinary complaints from ordinary individuals very seriously, when they get a court judgement, they will ask questions.

Please get a judgement. If there happens to be some fee involved – then let us know what it is and we may be able to pay it.

The most probable reason that judgment was denied was because they had acknowledged service  and time allowed to submit the admittance and make payment had not expired.

" It is important to make an offer of payment on the form. This is section 11 on the form. If you leave it blank the court will decide you have not made an offer. They will tell you to pay the whole debt at once ‘forthwith’ or order you to pay the monthly payments the creditor asks for. " 

Full Admission – the defendant wishes to make an offer of repayment. This form should be sent directly to the claimant rather than the court

If you wish to accept this response and make an Order for repayment, you may continue to request judgment online.

If however, you do not agree with the repayment method the defendant has offered (or if they have not made an offer) you may ask the court to ‘determine’ the judgment.

You cannot request this online....it must be done manually N225

44 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

The most probable reason that judgment was denied was because they had acknowledged service  and time allowed to submit the admittance and make payment had not expired.

" It is important to make an offer of payment on the form. This is section 11 on the form. If you leave it blank the court will decide you have not made an offer. They will tell you to pay the whole debt at once ‘forthwith’ or order you to pay the monthly payments the creditor asks for. " 

Full Admission – the defendant wishes to make an offer of repayment. This form should be sent directly to the claimant rather than the court

If you wish to accept this response and make an Order for repayment, you may continue to request judgment online.

If however, you do not agree with the repayment method the defendant has offered (or if they have not made an offer) you may ask the court to ‘determine’ the judgment.

You cannot request this online....it must be done manually N225

Yes noted, I will have another look at the MCOL page with the details on. I did tick the box to acknowledge payment made and presumed it automatically means the case is settled in the prescribed time meaning no further action can be taken. 

Below are screenshots of the MCOL page, I have removed the part with my details on. Cant see how I move to Judgement from this page.

mcolbar.PNG

mcolop.PNG

Edited by jotty

Please fill in your quit date here