ME v Cap1

jdene
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Sent off all my details to OFT today at the OFT's request as they are taking on Cap one for me after i reported all thier methods to them and complained about thier telephone harrasment, the OFT has requested my permision to use the information i provided when they take action against them, which i have gladly given, i have also sent copys of all the threatening letters including the one where they threaten to put a charge against your home and the default letters after aknowledging the account is in dispute and the DCa letters weeks after the account has been disputed should be enough evidence to proove thier despicable methods at least, have also informed the OFT that we are seriously considering seeking damages for thier transfering of our Data outside the uk and have asked for thier response to this practice as well as thier advice.

so if they get a few other complaints to back this one up it could proove a very hot winter for Cap1 hopefully.

jdene - well done you !!! I sure hope something gets done about these people and their bullying tactics etc.. It sure will be interesting to see what is said about the Data transferring to other countries etc..

It is really high time a lot of these companies changed their ways and became more "customer orientated" - but then I expect we will see pigs fly first? ;) vbmenu_register("postmenu_507292", true);

jdene, how did you get OFT involved? I thought they didn't take on individual consumer complaints?

Was just getting ready to post my FOS/Banking Code complaints. Has anyone else got their complaint letters ready? Shall spend some time today PM ing people who were narked previously see if we can get this rolling now.

Guest Battleaxe

Blackrain,

Are you planning to have the letters hit the FOS at the ssame time or within what time frame? Is there specific wording in the complaint to identify these letters as a class action complaint. I am sure it would be more effective if the FOS was aware of the class action. Just my thoughts.

You will have to excuse my complete ignorance here but what would a class action involve? I thought a class action was when a group of people took someone to court not when a group of people made a complaint.

I was going to post my stuff today (might still do) but I'm interested in what jdene had to say about the OFT. Would like to get them involved if possible. It says on their site they are unable to investigate individual consumer complaints though so I don't know how jdene got them involved.

Hi blackrain, they got involved after i sent a complaint about telephone harrasment, we had endured weeks of abuse from thier staff untill we found this site and started fighting back, i assume they have quite a few complaints and have decided to use individual complaints to build a larger case against them, but the OFT have sent three letters in total the last one asking for more details and our approval to use our details letters etc as evidence i would have thought they are requesting the same from other people who have complained as well hope they are anyway.

Hi Blackrain i send mine to

Andy Lowther,

Office of Fair Trading, Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London

EC4Y 8JX he works in the Enquieries and preliminary investigations centre, hope this helps

Thanks Jdene. I think we follow Smoothy's and Battleaxe's ideas then and go down this route if everone is happy. Feb 1 to 10th for letters to arrive.

If anyone is posting in Cap1 forum or replying to others can they mention this thread so we get as many involved as possible? Cheers guys.

Hello all had a nice letter yesterday threatening to take us to court for the outstanding balance from Fredrickson International rang them told them the situation which they seemed shocked by that a lowly pesant would chalenge them, so i then sent them a notice to stop processing my data and a notice that they were also being reported to the OFT and any further corespondence from them while the account was in dispute would result in them facing me in court for harrasment, so just a bit more amunition for Mr Lowther at the OFT.

so Keep the complaints flooding in we will stop the bullying.

Jdene - and that's exactly what will carry the "weight" numerous complaints - there more people that complain - the more likely it will be seen as a serious problem!!

It may be an idea as someone said before to get some sort of "Template" letter drawn up so people can simply edit to suit the company and their personal details etc.. - might make it easier for those who aren't very good at writing letters?

Following my letter to Fredrickson international where i told them they would be seeing me in court if i recieved any more threatening letters, i also informed them all thier corespondance was being sent to the OFT, we recieved a letter today which simply states the following.

We Refer to recent corespondence in this matter.

We have been instructed to take no further action against you and have therefore closed our file.

I think they are finaly getting the message not push us around and i am thinking maybe the OFT have finaly moved and had a word with these bullies, so keep up the pressure the more complaints the easier the claims will be and the less they will be inclined to continue thier intimidation.