• Tweets

• Hi Taximan   I will respond to this tomorrow at a better time - Ill have a further response for you.    
    • A few years ago I had a lot of cheque cashing loans rolled over with the Money Shop. I only found out very recently that these are still classed as pay day loans and are therefore claimable for irresponsible lending. I sent them the SAR which Irecieved, and then the complaint. After a bit of padding out they have sent me their 'final response', which is copied below. Could someone please advise me how I should proceed. Many thanks       Thank you for taking the time in bringing your complaint to my attention on 04 Apr 2019 and for giving me the chance to put things right. I have now finished my investigation. complaint Please read this part carefully as I will explain how I understand your complaint. This is important in how I have reached my decision: We received your complaint via email on 04/04/2019. You believe that the loans were mis-sold to you by Your us. You claimed that the loan payments which you paid to us left you with too little money and that the loans were unaffordable. You claimed that you not afford these loans and after making the repayments to us, you had to borrow again to get through the next month. You claimed that we should have realised from the number of times you borrowed that your debt problems were getting worse and it was not responsible to continue to lend to you. Your lending took place between 10/03/2008 and 28/12/2012. My Decision: We handle complaints following rules set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). One rule is that a customer must complain within 6 years of the problem. Another rule is that if more than 6 have passed, you must complain within 3 years of knowing you could complain about the problem. I can see that all of the loans that you are complaining about are more than 6 years old. So for me to consider these loans, I need you to tell me why you didn’t complain about these loans until now. Next Steps: I appreciate that this may not be the response you may have been hoping for but I hope you can see how and why I have come to my decision. If you are not satisfied, you may also ask for an independent review by the Financial Ombudsman Service. You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter. If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances. Please also see: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm A leaflet from the Financial Ombudsman Service, “Your Complaint and the Ombudsman” is available by post only; please contact us if you would like a copy to be sent to you. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us either via telephone or email using the details below and quoting the Case Reference number above. Our telephone opening hours are from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Yours faithfully, Customer Relations Department T: 0800 280 2548 E: customerrelations@themoneyshop.co.uk The Money Shop is a trading name of Instant Cash Loans Limited. Instant Cash Loans Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, Company Number 2685515 Registered Address: 6 Bevis Marks, London EC3A 7BA Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to credit-related activities. VAT Registration Number: 896 1022 16 *Please note that for training and security purposes, telephone calls may be recorded Letter Code - FRL  
    • Yep they are jokers.   But with a bit of stalking on linkedin and some digging i managed to find the emails of the key people who head up customer service. Needless to say i was taken care of very quickly.   Can the admin please make this a sticky for anyone else dealing with parcel2go?   n.schofield@parcel2go.com g.iveson@parcel2go.com Stephen.benson@parcel2go.com
    • Wow... made a complete hash of trying to reformat this after accidentally hitting post before I'd finished. Post above can be deleted if needed.     Then things started to become difficult     Obviously I'm not going to withdraw until I receive payment, so I completed N205A requesting Judgment on Admission and including their admission forms they sent to me. I was also mailed a copy of the companies accounts. I'm happy to upload these but I believe they are what is freely available over at Companies House.     Sent off the docs to CCMCC and expect to have the Judgment in the next few days. I'm not sure I fully accept they panicked and considered themselves out of time, because they replied to the claim a day before the forms were considered as Served by CCMCC. I think though, that rather than a discontinuance from my side on payment, to get a judgment may be beneficial to others in the future.   I'll update this as soon as I have payment or an update from the courts. I'd call this a win!
    • Hi    Just had a wee look at this and I think if you have not already done so you need to inform the following and keep a good paper trail as you are doing:   1. Police/ Action Fraud (get a Crime Ref Number). 2. Trading Standards. 3. FCA (as Damaras Ltd, Trading as Payza.com had there EMD Revoked by FCA on 12/07/2018) 3. Companies House (as they are looking at a Proprosal to Strike off MH PILLARS LTD   Companies House link - MH PILLARS LTD: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06243643   Damaras Limited has simply changed its name to Peridea Limited but it is still the exact same company number 8029472 and Address   FCA - Damaras Limited: https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_firmdetailsPage?id=001b000000m4IXPAA2   Companies House link - PERIDEA LIMITED: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08029472 (go to bottom of webpage and look at the previous company names)   PERIDEA LIMITED above I can find nothing in searching the FCA (so let the FCA know this is Damaras Limited as the FCA revoked there EMD) and if this new company is actually registered with them)    
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Theangel1971

high view parking multiple ANPR PCNs - overstay - Tesco Hereford = now DRP Letter

no doesn't show on credit files

ask for the planning department

then ask as EB said above

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Thank you. I will call the council first thing this morning & set about all of the above :-D

Called the council, the lady on the telephone was very helpful.

The cameras & fittings have permission “Installation of car park control measures including: 2 no. automatic number plate recognition cameras;

7 no. automated ticket validation terminals.

Various non illuminated signage including 1 no. 1250mm x 860mm enforcement sign; 15 no. 600mm x 800mm enforcement signs; 2 no. '1, 2, 3' instructional signs”.

I have the name,number, email address of the person I need to contact regarding limits on parking.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

highview do tend to do this at Tesco stores, presumably Tescos get their legs bitten in the past when employing other companies.

Now with the system used where you validate your car somehow at the store entrance there have been a lot of complaints to Tesco's so I would be trying that approach.

The customer services people will tell you that you must have seen the signs or to take the matter up with Highview but dont be put off, insist on being given the name of the person who actually has responsibility for employing these people as you want them to take the trouble to actually look at what is there rather than just agree that some company can rob their customers blind for not knowing a new system has been put in place.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi, I’ve heard back from planning enquires & there is no limits to parking in the original planning or consent. In the meantime I have received another letter from DRP. Will try to send a copy now if I can remember how to do it :)

I think it’s attached

IMG_0324.JPG

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Usual drivel from the Drips. Just ignore.

They cannot advise Highview of anything. And you are a long way from having your credit rating damaged.

First Highview have to decide whether to take you to Court they often don't since they know how lawful your ticket actually is. Even if they do decide to chance it, your good defence will make them wish they hadn't. And even if against all the odds they do win, all you have to do is pay the amount due within a month and nothing from that episode will ever get within a sniff of your credit report.

PS How on earth do they get anywhere near £250. HV will probably consider that if that didn't frighten you with that amount there is no point carrying on other than another threat and a begging letter.

Hi, thanks for replying. That amount £250 is an accumulation of times when I went over the two hour parking time, they would send me a bill & I didn’t pay it. Who are HV?

highview…

ignore DR+

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Thanks dx. Shall I get onto contacting Tesco now I have the information from the council?

I would try that first and then tell tesco;s that you intend to take the matter up as a breach of the planning consent with the council.

In theory the council can take steps up to shutting the store down but that will never happen but a warning to both tesco and Highview about their activities should mena they dotn issue any more demands and shouldcancel the existingones( they wont uness you force the issue)

Get that complaint going

Who do I ask for in Tesco the manager?

Well it won't be the toilet cleaner will it.....

Head Office best bet, they signed the bandits up and they are the ones who will have to send someone to court if you eventually sue Highview and name them as co-defendants. The local manager doesnt have the clout to do much but in that vein dont accept the first word of the customer services person you speak to as they are told to pass the buck to Highview. Make it clear that they are breaking the law and Tescos's are liable

Ok this is the letter I am sending to Tesco head office:

Dear Tesco,

I am writing to complain about the harresment letters I am receiving from Highview Parking via DRP Ltd, threatening if I don’t pay the sum of £250 for going over the two hour permitted time on various occasions, I will be taken to court & my credit rating will be effected.

I used to be a regular shopper at Tesco before all this, now I have stopped shopping there & so have all my family & most of my friends. You have already lost at least £250 of profit for the bullish attempt to extort money from me. We think it’s disgusting that I am made to feel bullied by this criminal activity. If this does go to court I will name Tesco as a co-defendant, as you are equally culpable for this breaking of the 2007 Town & Country Planning Act. I’ve spoken to the council, they have informed me that it nowhere states in the original planning application & consent that there is a maximum of two hour parking in that car park.

Hi.

If this is a proper letter, I would put 'and' and not &.

I expect people will be along later to comment on what you're proposing to send.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just wondering if anyone has a comment about the letter...?

I’m on my own then me & these big corporations...oh well.

please remember people are volunteers here

they might not have the time or be well enough to respond.

pers I cant see any issues

Your letter looks fine. Give it another 24 hours, and if no-one objects, send it off. Remember the volunteer experts here a load of cases every day and will concentrate on who gets it wrong, rather than who gets it right.

Thank you. I have made a donation I do very much appreciate everyone’s time :-)

Thank you very much for the donation. :) Please keep us posted how you get on.

HB

Ok this is the letter I am sending to Tesco head office:

Dear Tesco,

I am writing to complain about the harresment letters I am receiving from Highview Parking via DRP Ltd, threatening if I don’t pay the sum of £250 for going over the two hour permitted time on various occasions, I will be taken to court & my credit rating will be effected.

I used to be a regular shopper at Tesco before all this, now I have stopped shopping there & so have all my family & most of my friends. You have already lost at least £250 of profit for the bullish attempt to extort money from me. We think it’s disgusting that I am made to feel bullied by this criminal activity. If this does go to court I will name Tesco as a co-defendant, as you are equally culpable for this breaking of the 2007 Town & Country Planning Act. I’ve spoken to the council, they have informed me that it nowhere states in the original planning application & consent that there is a maximum of two hour parking in that car park.

I would try and stick to the prblem that you want solved at first so start by saying that you are a regular shopper at ( which barnch) and until the xxth of yyy you had no problems whatsoever but after that a parking control system was introduced without any obvious notice of its implementation and that resulted in you getting a number of demands from Highview as a result of not knowing about their poorly signed and advertised new system. Since this was brought to your attention but only by way fo receiving a number of demands within a short space of time you have changed your parking habits b y now shopping elsewhere as your new supermarket doesnt employ people who use predatory tactics and inadequate signage to offer a contract to shop there.

As these demands from the people you employ to manage your land do not comply with the law of the land then you wont be paying them and you request Tesco get them cancelled as you note that neither Highview or Tesco's have planning permission for the signs and ANPR cameras that is a criminal offence and so no contract exists for you to breach to owe them a bean.

You look forward to hearing that the charges have been cancelled and then you will return to shopping there in the knowledge that Highview wont be continuing to break the law with their activites so you wont be harassed to pay charges that dont exist.

send this to mr Dave Lewis CEO of tesco by email if you wish dave(dot)lewis@uk(dot)tesco(dot)com

obviously place a full stop where it says dot and make it all joined together.

Give them the parking charge numbers so they can solve the matter immediately.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos

Hello All,

It's been a long time since i've heard anything from Highview Parking. I sent a letter to Mr Dave Lewis (I must've missed your reply honeybee13, although I had already found out the name of the ceo & sent it to him I hadn't enclosed the parking charge numbers which I would've done had I seen your reply at the time). This is what I wrote:

I am writing to complain about the harassing letter’s I am receiving from Highview Parking Ltd via DRP Ltd, who threaten, if I do not pay the sum of £250.00 for overstaying on various occasions at the Bewell Street Tesco car park Hereford, I will be taken to court. 

I have been a regular shopper at Tesco, but since the start of this debacle I have ceased visiting your store in Hereford and shall continue to avoid doing so unless some form of resolution is established in this issue. 

I feel bullied by what I consider to be criminal activity and having sought advise I now understand that no parking limit was applied or set in the original planning application and consent agreement with Hereford Council. If this does go to court I will name Tesco as a co - defendant as Tesco is equally culpable for this breaking of the 2007 Town and Country Planning Act. I’ve spoken to Hereford Council and it nowhere states in the original planning application  and consent that there is a maximum of two hour parking. 

In mitigation I consider the company Highview Parking’s signage to be inefficient and misleading, there being no signs on entering the car park to indicate their enforcement of a maximum stay. 

I have been given until the 20th of February when the case will be referred to a solicitor. I am very disappointed and upset with Tesco’s regarding this matter and so are my family & friends. I would like you to resolve this matter for me please.

Yours sincerely,

I have not received any reply from Mr Lewis. Instead I received no further threats until 11/04/2019 when DRP sent me another NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT PROCEEDINGS if I don't pay  £250. Then on 18/04/2019 I received a CHARGE NOTICE REMINDER from Highview Parking for 07/01/2019 for £70. I have visited the carpark once (just in and straight out) since the letter, I observed they have now got signs everywhere informing people where and how to pay for parking.

Hi, thank you for the update.

Well, DRP can't take you to court, all they can do is 'recommend to their client' to start court proceedings'. Normally DRP appear at the end of the threatogram trail, sometimes followed by Zenith.

Let's see what the guys say, but I don't think you have much to worry about.

HB

Please fill in your quit date here