high view parking multiple ANPR PCNs - overstay - Tesco Hereford = now DRP Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no doesn't show on credit files

ask for the planning department

then ask as EB said above

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Called the council, the lady on the telephone was very helpful.

The cameras & fittings have permission “Installation of car park control measures including: 2 no. automatic number plate recognition cameras;

7 no. automated ticket validation terminals.

Various non illuminated signage including 1 no. 1250mm x 860mm enforcement sign; 15 no. 600mm x 800mm enforcement signs; 2 no. '1, 2, 3' instructional signs”.

I have the name,number, email address of the person I need to contact regarding limits on parking.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

highview do tend to do this at Tesco stores, presumably Tescos get their legs bitten in the past when employing other companies.

Now with the system used where you validate your car somehow at the store entrance there have been a lot of complaints to Tesco's so I would be trying that approach.

The customer services people will tell you that you must have seen the signs or to take the matter up with Highview but dont be put off, insist on being given the name of the person who actually has responsibility for employing these people as you want them to take the trouble to actually look at what is there rather than just agree that some company can rob their customers blind for not knowing a new system has been put in place.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’ve heard back from planning enquires & there is no limits to parking in the original planning or consent. In the meantime I have received another letter from DRP. Will try to send a copy now if I can remember how to do it :)

I think it’s attached

IMG_0324.JPG

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Usual drivel from the Drips. Just ignore.

They cannot advise Highview of anything. And you are a long way from having your credit rating damaged.

First Highview have to decide whether to take you to Court they often don't since they know how lawful your ticket actually is. Even if they do decide to chance it, your good defence will make them wish they hadn't. And even if against all the odds they do win, all you have to do is pay the amount due within a month and nothing from that episode will ever get within a sniff of your credit report.

PS How on earth do they get anywhere near £250. HV will probably consider that if that didn't frighten you with that amount there is no point carrying on other than another threat and a begging letter.

highview…

ignore DR+

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would try that first and then tell tesco;s that you intend to take the matter up as a breach of the planning consent with the council.

In theory the council can take steps up to shutting the store down but that will never happen but a warning to both tesco and Highview about their activities should mena they dotn issue any more demands and shouldcancel the existingones( they wont uness you force the issue)

Get that complaint going

Well it won't be the toilet cleaner will it.....

and they

Head Office best bet, they signed the bandits up and they are the ones who will have to send someone to court if you eventually sue Highview and name them as co-defendants. The local manager doesnt have the clout to do much but in that vein dont accept the first word of the customer services person you speak to as they are told to pass the buck to Highview. Make it clear that they are breaking the law and Tescos's are liable

Ok this is the letter I am sending to Tesco head office:

Dear Tesco,

I am writing to complain about the harresment letters I am receiving from Highview Parking via DRP Ltd, threatening if I don’t pay the sum of £250 for going over the two hour permitted time on various occasions, I will be taken to court & my credit rating will be effected.

I used to be a regular shopper at Tesco before all this, now I have stopped shopping there & so have all my family & most of my friends. You have already lost at least £250 of profit for the bullish attempt to extort money from me. We think it’s disgusting that I am made to feel bullied by this criminal activity. If this does go to court I will name Tesco as a co-defendant, as you are equally culpable for this breaking of the 2007 Town & Country Planning Act. I’ve spoken to the council, they have informed me that it nowhere states in the original planning application & consent that there is a maximum of two hour parking in that car park.

please remember people are volunteers here

they might not have the time or be well enough to respond.

pers I cant see any issues

and they

Your letter looks fine. Give it another 24 hours, and if no-one objects, send it off. Remember the volunteer experts here a load of cases every day and will concentrate on who gets it wrong, rather than who gets it right.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok this is the letter I am sending to Tesco head office:

Dear Tesco,

I am writing to complain about the harresment letters I am receiving from Highview Parking via DRP Ltd, threatening if I don’t pay the sum of £250 for going over the two hour permitted time on various occasions, I will be taken to court & my credit rating will be effected.

I used to be a regular shopper at Tesco before all this, now I have stopped shopping there & so have all my family & most of my friends. You have already lost at least £250 of profit for the bullish attempt to extort money from me. We think it’s disgusting that I am made to feel bullied by this criminal activity. If this does go to court I will name Tesco as a co-defendant, as you are equally culpable for this breaking of the 2007 Town & Country Planning Act. I’ve spoken to the council, they have informed me that it nowhere states in the original planning application & consent that there is a maximum of two hour parking in that car park.

I would try and stick to the prblem that you want solved at first so start by saying that you are a regular shopper at ( which barnch) and until the xxth of yyy you had no problems whatsoever but after that a parking control system was introduced without any obvious notice of its implementation and that resulted in you getting a number of demands from Highview as a result of not knowing about their poorly signed and advertised new system. Since this was brought to your attention but only by way fo receiving a number of demands within a short space of time you have changed your parking habits b y now shopping elsewhere as your new supermarket doesnt employ people who use predatory tactics and inadequate signage to offer a contract to shop there.

As these demands from the people you employ to manage your land do not comply with the law of the land then you wont be paying them and you request Tesco get them cancelled as you note that neither Highview or Tesco's have planning permission for the signs and ANPR cameras that is a criminal offence and so no contract exists for you to breach to owe them a bean.

You look forward to hearing that the charges have been cancelled and then you will return to shopping there in the knowledge that Highview wont be continuing to break the law with their activites so you wont be harassed to pay charges that dont exist.

send this to mr Dave Lewis CEO of tesco by email if you wish dave(dot)lewis@uk(dot)tesco(dot)com

obviously place a full stop where it says dot and make it all joined together.

Give them the parking charge numbers so they can solve the matter immediately.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

It's been a long time since i've heard anything from Highview Parking. I sent a letter to Mr Dave Lewis (I must've missed your reply honeybee13, although I had already found out the name of the ceo & sent it to him I hadn't enclosed the parking charge numbers which I would've done had I seen your reply at the time). This is what I wrote:

I am writing to complain about the harassing letter’s I am receiving from Highview Parking Ltd via DRP Ltd, who threaten, if I do not pay the sum of £250.00 for overstaying on various occasions at the Bewell Street Tesco car park Hereford, I will be taken to court. 

I have been a regular shopper at Tesco, but since the start of this debacle I have ceased visiting your store in Hereford and shall continue to avoid doing so unless some form of resolution is established in this issue. 

I feel bullied by what I consider to be criminal activity and having sought advise I now understand that no parking limit was applied or set in the original planning application and consent agreement with Hereford Council. If this does go to court I will name Tesco as a co - defendant as Tesco is equally culpable for this breaking of the 2007 Town and Country Planning Act. I’ve spoken to Hereford Council and it nowhere states in the original planning application  and consent that there is a maximum of two hour parking. 

In mitigation I consider the company Highview Parking’s signage to be inefficient and misleading, there being no signs on entering the car park to indicate their enforcement of a maximum stay. 

I have been given until the 20th of February when the case will be referred to a solicitor. I am very disappointed and upset with Tesco’s regarding this matter and so are my family & friends. I would like you to resolve this matter for me please.

Yours sincerely,

I have not received any reply from Mr Lewis. Instead I received no further threats until 11/04/2019 when DRP sent me another NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT PROCEEDINGS if I don't pay  £250. Then on 18/04/2019 I received a CHARGE NOTICE REMINDER from Highview Parking for 07/01/2019 for £70. I have visited the carpark once (just in and straight out) since the letter, I observed they have now got signs everywhere informing people where and how to pay for parking.

Hi, thank you for the update.

Well, DRP can't take you to court, all they can do is 'recommend to their client' to start court proceedings'. Normally DRP appear at the end of the threatogram trail, sometimes followed by Zenith.

Let's see what the guys say, but I don't think you have much to worry about.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum