Help !!

07Lbow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Well it has taken me so long to access this site but I am finally here. I wish to tackle my bank the halifax over the disgusting amount of charges I have had to face over the past few years, mostly being charged for charges as I have never been able to meet their demands but now I want to stand up for them. I'm not sure whereI should be looking for though for letters etc can anyone point me in the right directio ??

Thanks

Lbow :oops:

Hi 07Lbow, welcome!!!!

When I joined this site a few short weeks ago I realised two things quite soon.

Firstly, it's a very friendly place to get the help you need to reclaim your money.

Secondly, it's a 'self-help' site. Self-help but, at the same time, full of people who have been in the same position as you are now - a somewhat bewildered newcomer - but more than willing to share their newfound 'expertise and experience' with you and point you in the right direction(s).

One of the most important things for a newcomer to do is READ!! Read the forums and threads relating to you bank/mortgage company/credit card company. But, most importantly, read the FAQ's. You'll then begin to get an understanding of how to begin your claim, the pitfalls you might encounter en-route and the virtually certain outcome!!

Best of luck, we're all with you all the way - and don't forget to keep us updated on your progress too!!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Hi All

Well it has taken me so long to access this site but I am finally here. I wish to tackle my bank the halifax over the disgusting amount of charges I have had to face over the past few years, mostly being charged for charges as I have never been able to meet their demands but now I want to stand up for them. I'm not sure whereI should be looking for though for letters etc can anyone point me in the right directio ??

Thanks

Lbow :oops:

Hi, and welcome to the CAG.

Now that you've decided to start the journey to reclaim your charges, you should go here and open a thread of your own. Scroll down a little and the "New Thread" link is there for you. You should post all questions regarding your claim there only as it makes life really difficult for the back-ground crew to keep helping you if your questions are spread around everywhere, but essentially, you should do the ground-work yourself. we are here to help if you get stuck.

As for the answers to your questions above, I'll answer them here this one time. In the mean time, read the FAQ's and the step-by-step instructions. Your template letters are all here and your spreadsheet can be found here - I used the England-Simple-Excel template. and your first letter template is here. Just edit and send it.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman