PCM windscreen PCN - residential parking - Brentford Lock, Middlesex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update: the lawyer friend sent a very good legal letter last week 

The third letter will be sent over the next few days - here is the proposed text - your comments welcome as ever:

Dear Will & John

Letter Reference:xxxx

I write with reference to your recent letter in relation to PCN numberxxxxx

You threaten Court proceeding on behalf of your client yet your client’s rationale for charging me has no legal substance. An alleged parking offence as a breach of an alleged contract.  I have no contract or terms and conditions with your client.   Furthermore, the sum you are requesting is fictitious. I have no intention of paying any monies to your client.

You had no legitimate reason to access my personal details so are already in breach of GDPR by texting me several times on my personal number which I have not given permission for you to use.  Coupled with the several letters you have sent your persistence amounts to nothing short of harassment. Should this continue I will have no hesitation in contacting the ICO to report the breach.

The letters I have received will be useful as tinder for the open fire in my living room now the weather has turned cold again.

Should you wish to take me to court, I will be seeking full costs through a recovery order under CPR 27:14 which will come in handy now I find myself in the unenviable position of redundancy as a result of Covid.

Yours Sincerely

Copied to PCM UK "you don't want to be Gladstoned"

Thanks AJJM

Well done in staggering the letters.

Well done in making them all different.  I bet Gladdys didn't appreciate getting a letter from a proper lawyer!

Regarding this draft, did they really text the person?  And if so, how did they get the number?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes they did text her! In advice from this forum she blocked the number - it was suggested on here that they must’ve got it from social media somehow. 

The letters are all nicely different and with a gap between them.

Two tweaks.

I'd cut out the sentence that starts with "Coupled with the several letters ..."  Their client has a legal dispute with you so they're entitled to sent a letter, it isn't harassment.

Also at the bottom just put "COPIED TO PCM UK" without the Gladstoned bit.  You've already taken the wee wee out of them with that phrase, best not to include it this time and keep the letters different.

If there are no further suggestions from the regulars, as usual invest in two 2nd class stamps and two CoPs tomorrow, and tell Gladdys to take a running jump.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes the suggestions by FTMDave are  good, keeping them similar but subtley different is key, that way it keeps them on the hop.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...

An update,

just one of us has had a reply to our letters (see post #76 for text) and it deals solely with the issue of the data protection breach.

It seems they were rattled enough to defend the accusation that they breached GDPR regulations. I attach a copy of the letter - sorry that it's not very clear but it says they haven't breached the regulations as they are entitled to process personal data because of the legitimate interest in recovering the unpaid parking charge.

Not sure if they think using capital letters for Parking Charge (sic) makes it more official.

we know it doesn't warrant any action but am posting as we thought it was interesting that they wrote this letter.

AJJM

Gladstones GDPR defence letter.pdf

So Gladdys are worried about you having a go at them about GDPR, bless them.

OK, yours (as in the three of you) is not the next move.

You've told them to do their worst.  It's up to PCM now if they have the gonads to do court or not.

Hopefully they'll have crawled back under their stone, but if they are so stupid as to do court they're on a hiding to nothing.  

• 2 months later...

Thanks for reopening the thread.

Please see attached letter received in response to the letter sent in post 76, incidentally the same person who received the letter in post 81. My reading of it suggests no action required but just checking in here!! Thanks as ever to all

Gladstones letter June 21.pdf

Yours is not the next move.  Ignore this.  You've already told them to put up or shut up.

The writer of the second letter (the lawyer) has now also had a similar follow up letter from Gladstones (attached) along with endless photos of the car, the ticket and the area of the residential estate. I expect I'll receive one too shortly. Seems no action required here either but adding for completeness of thread.

brentford parking June 21 captain.pdf

• 1 year later...

Any update on this?

Are the fleecers still under the stone they crawled back under?

• 4 months later...

Your new thread has reminded me of this one.

Any update?