PCM windscreen PCN - residential parking - Brentford Lock, Middlesex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes ignore their letter probably written by the teaboy. However the contents do merit a complaint to the FCA. Just because they take you to Court does not mean you will have to pay various costs nor a CCJ. The first two might happen if you lose but the CCJ would only happen if you both lost the case-highly unlikely, and then did not pay the fine off within a month.

I remember slagging off a solicitor who wrote to me many years ago with a letter much more lawful than that and received an abject apology almost by return [obviously not BW Legal nor Gladstones]. I think Trace should get their knuckles rapped at least.  

I would be quite happy to make a complaint to the FCA but don't want to create loads more paperwork and hassle! If you think it's worth it let me know. I will also let my friends know. AJJM

please consider this their final demand.

Well as they cant demand anything that makes the statement as meaningless as the rest of the content.

I havent looked them up with the FCA to see if they are registered to handle client monies. If they arent then even if you pay them the debt hasnt gone away and if they are registered they have failed to follow the rules by not proving the debt.

No DCA seems to bother about the law though and Companies House and the FCA seem to just let them get on with it.

• 3 weeks later...

so what do you think has changed as far as the law around debt goes in the fortnight between the threatograms?

as for their dire warnings, they would be better off stating you should use the Green Cross Code when crossing the road but perhaps that is way above their competence level

One wonders if they have a “all the final demands weren’t really final, but this is our final final demand!” letter

one can only hope they do, and that it really is final.......

Chances are they’ll just get a different letterhead to use

• 2 weeks later...

Yes is another ThreatOgram, Ignore until a proper LBA from their solicitor.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

gosh, the parking co must hve paid them  more than £15 for this output

still it is their money......

as thery are not solicitors and therfore dont have legal priviledge you could ask them for a copy of the letters their clients sent them under the GDPR just to see if the claims in this taradiddle are true.

Chances of them complying with the SAR? Hmm....

• 4 months later...

Good news, but do hang on to the paperwork.  The fleecers have six years to start court action, and some of them periodically dust down their old cases and send out more silly letters.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Thanks to Dave for unlocking this thread.

After a hiatus of 19 months, received the attached letter which clearly doesn't warrant a response at this stage but interestingly they are trawling through their old files. Of the 4 of us hit with these tickets originally, one eventually caved in and paid (grrr), one of the others has had the same recent letter as me and the final one is awaiting hers which no doubt will arrive soon...

Parking letter Gladstones Dec 20.pdf

need mugs to fun the xmas staff party drinks bill with free money

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The one who paid might be sick as a parrot later.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...

In a concerning development, one of the three of us who received the latest letters has now had a text from Gladstone's say she hadn't responded to their letter. She has no idea how they got her number. Obviously she is not responding but how on earth is this data so freely available and should she be taking action? Thanks as always AJJM

one of many tactics they use

probably from their credit file or social media sites like facebook etc.

nothing to do till a letter of claim arrives for anyone

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...