Received a NOTICE INTENDED PROSECUTION. 39 in a 30 zone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think the general jist is for me to own up to a speeding offence.

I do not remeber this incident though, as in the location and why I would have been there..

'I' was apparently doign 39 in a 40.

I have never had a speeding ticket or one of these in the door. I did get a DD10 (drink and drive) and that was 4 years and 7 months ago so nearly up. Clean license.

Should I just sign it and own up or challenge it, I am meant to be leaving the country end of January..

What are my options?

Thanks.

39 in a 40?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They're not chasing you just yet. They're looking to find who the driver was. First port of call is the registered keeper.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They're not chasing you just yet. They're looking to find who the driver was. First port of call is the registered keeper.

OK that makes sense, so what if I said it wasn't me and I could not prove anyone else weas driving, it would land on me yes? As honestly I do not remeber driving there. What shoula I do now?

If you dont name another driver, then it will be assumed it was you unless you can prove it wasnt.

You could always ask to see the evidence they have, but im not sure if that will remove the option of you getting a FPN, and instead it goes to court or not.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Er..I don't think so.

If you do not provide the driver's details the speeding matter cannot be prosecuted as there is no evidence who was driving.

Instead you will be prosecuted for failing to provide driver's details.

This means a court appearance, a hefty fine, six points and an endorsement code (MS90) which insurers hate.

You can ask for "any photographs which might help identify the driver".

They are not obliged to provide them but usually do (by providing a link to a website).

The photographs usually do not help in that task.

You are not entitled to any evidence unless the matter goes to court.

You should be offered a Speed Awareness Course for that speed provided you have not done one for an offence that occurred in the three years prior to this one and that the offence was not in Scotland (where courses are not offered).

It's your choice whether you ignore all this as you are leaving the country.

If you do the matter will be heard in your absence and any fines that are imposed will be waiting for you if and when you return.

By the way, you do not currently have a clean licence.

Endorsements for offences involving alcohol or drugs remain on your licence for eleven years and are active (in the event of a another similar offence) for ten years.

Edited by dx100uk
quote/spacing

Looks like I better own up, so couls be a chance to do a course... ?

Do you know how soon these can be done, or could I opt to do one in 5 or 6 months?

Edited by dx100uk

No, you cannot do it in five or six months.

You have to complete it within about four months from the date of the offence (this is to give them time to prosecute

- which they must begin within six months

- if you fail to do the course).

At the very least you should name yourself as the driver and avoid the more serious charge of failing to provide driver's details.

After that you need to decide what you want to do.

If you're not going to be here for a few months that largely rules out a course or a fixed penalty.

Speak to the ticket office to see if they have any suggestions.

Edited by dx100uk
quote/spacing

If you are 100% sure you wouldn't have been there you could ask for photos and check if it is your vehicle or a clone?

The NIPs are sent out relatively swiftly so you should have some idea whether being there was even a slight possibility. The other option is being able to prove you, and more importantly the car, was elsewhere.

• dx100uk changed the title to Received a NOTICE INTENDED PROSECUTION. 39 in a 30 zone