• Tweets

• Did you explain in your letter of action that it was going to be a foreshortened letter of claim and the reason why? It might simply be an idea to do that so that everyone is clear – in case there is any challenge in court. In terms of seeing at the registered address and enforcement – this is a good point. If you are sure that the place of business is stable and unlikely suddenly to be changed then that would be a good thing to do. On the basis that you win, you should not have this enforce by bailiffs. Because it is clear that the value of the claim is more than £600 you should have the matter transferred up to the High Court and enforced by High Court Enforcement Officers
    • Many many thanks for the reply.    I have already given them 7 days notice on 10th May. Which they have not responded too.    If I sue at the registered address (likely to be accountant) and I win and they don't pay,  how would baliffs be able to collect, as their stock is at a home address?   Best wishes 
    • Well I'll deal with the questions as well I can. Normally speaking you would be required to give 14 days notice. This is a protocol and so it's not completely fixed. I would suggest that you at least give seven days' notice so if you give notice today by email then it would be reasonable in the circumstances to begin an action next Monday. I will explain in the email why you are shortening the normal period of notice and also point out to the fact that he has been uncooperative so far whereas the circumstances are extremely clear and your rights under the consumer rights act are extremely clear. I don't know any way that the case could be expedited – but certainly when you receive the directions questionnaire then you should explain to the judge at that point the urgency of the situation. You will have to put some amount so if I were you I would estimate the maximum amount of likely damages and then claim for a figure "not exceeding £XXX". Of course that will mean that you will be paying a higher claim fee. You could explain in your letter of claim that this is what you will be doing and why you're doing it. You don't need to put a lot of detail at this point. Have a look at that and see if it sums up your case correctly. Sue them at the registered address. Get all information you can from the mechanic including photographs et cetera. Also get your independent report. You were not needed at this point to issue the claim but it will be extremely helpful later on. You will be able to claim for the cost of this as well.  
    • A complaint 12 Months after the event.....................   Complaints about GP's are taken very seriously. Its not surprising he wouldn't want to see you alone, maybe with a chaperone, but not alone.   So you intend to complain again................................   You had best be careful or the Practice will strike you off and then you might be stuck. Just see another GP at the same Practice and move on.   H
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
mrk123

Received a NOTICE INTENDED PROSECUTION.

I think the general jist is for me to own up to a speeding offence.

I do not remeber this incident though, as in the location and why I would have been there..

'I' was apparently doign 39 in a 40.

I have never had a speeding ticket or one of these in the door. I did get a DD10 (drink and drive) and that was 4 years and 7 months ago so nearly up. Clean license.

Should I just sign it and own up or challenge it, I am meant to be leaving the country end of January..

What are my options?

Thanks.

39 in a 40?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

39 in a 40?

dx

Sorry - 39 in a 30.

They're not chasing you just yet. They're looking to find who the driver was. First port of call is the registered keeper.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They're not chasing you just yet. They're looking to find who the driver was. First port of call is the registered keeper.

OK that makes sense, so what if I said it wasn't me and I could not prove anyone else weas driving, it would land on me yes? As honestly I do not remeber driving there. What shoula I do now?

If you dont name another driver, then it will be assumed it was you unless you can prove it wasnt.

You could always ask to see the evidence they have, but im not sure if that will remove the option of you getting a FPN, and instead it goes to court or not.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Er..I don't think so.

If you do not provide the driver's details the speeding matter cannot be prosecuted as there is no evidence who was driving.

Instead you will be prosecuted for failing to provide driver's details.

This means a court appearance, a hefty fine, six points and an endorsement code (MS90) which insurers hate.

You can ask for "any photographs which might help identify the driver".

They are not obliged to provide them but usually do (by providing a link to a website).

The photographs usually do not help in that task.

You are not entitled to any evidence unless the matter goes to court.

You should be offered a Speed Awareness Course for that speed provided you have not done one for an offence that occurred in the three years prior to this one and that the offence was not in Scotland (where courses are not offered).

It's your choice whether you ignore all this as you are leaving the country.

If you do the matter will be heard in your absence and any fines that are imposed will be waiting for you if and when you return.

By the way, you do not currently have a clean licence.

Endorsements for offences involving alcohol or drugs remain on your licence for eleven years and are active (in the event of a another similar offence) for ten years.

Edited by dx100uk
quote/spacing

Looks like I better own up, so couls be a chance to do a course... ?

Do you know how soon these can be done, or could I opt to do one in 5 or 6 months?

Edited by dx100uk

No, you cannot do it in five or six months.

You have to complete it within about four months from the date of the offence (this is to give them time to prosecute

- which they must begin within six months

- if you fail to do the course).

At the very least you should name yourself as the driver and avoid the more serious charge of failing to provide driver's details.

After that you need to decide what you want to do.

If you're not going to be here for a few months that largely rules out a course or a fixed penalty.

Speak to the ticket office to see if they have any suggestions.

Edited by dx100uk
quote/spacing

If you are 100% sure you wouldn't have been there you could ask for photos and check if it is your vehicle or a clone?

The NIPs are sent out relatively swiftly so you should have some idea whether being there was even a slight possibility. The other option is being able to prove you, and more importantly the car, was elsewhere.

Please fill in your quit date here