Hsbc To Defend!!!!!

Claire wilson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received my last 6 years bank accounts from HSBC and the total amount of charges comes to a whopping £4670!!! The second leter will be in the post tomorrow as hopefully I will be able to pay off my overdraft and get out of this spiral of overdrafts and charges, let you know how I get on.

The amount i claimed for was nearly identical to yours, i filed with MCOL on Friday just gone, didn't hear much from HSBC before hand and certainly no offers, although some people have, so keep plodding through, you'll get there! Good Luck!!

Just received my last 6 years bank accounts from HSBC and the total amount of charges comes to a whopping £4670!!! The second leter will be in the post tomorrow as hopefully I will be able to pay off my overdraft and get out of this spiral of overdrafts and charges, let you know how I get on.

Hi Claire,

Good luck with your claim. You are about a week ahead of me. I posted my prelim letter today, but for about 1/2 the amount you are claiming for.

Sarah

Good luck! My claim is just under £4000 and I got an offer of just over £3000 at the weekend. I've accepted it as partial payment and they have until 18th to pay up or I file and add on the interest! Scary but kind of fun too!

HSBC - 2 accounts - £5016.44 - WON!

Now going after them for my husbands account - £283.30. Prelim letter sent 26th October 2006.

• 2 months later...

I have received a lettter from ny bank today telling me basically that they do not agree with my claims and they will not be giving me my money back (£4000), should I now register my mcol I am a bit scared but I desperately want my money back, does anyone know how soon after you register your mcol that you hear anything, I hope someone can help!!

hi claire, if you've sent your prelim and lba letters then you're ready for the court/MCOL stage.

Can you post a few details of your claim in your thread - it's unusual for them not to have offered you anything of what you've claimed.

When you issue your claim it's deemed to be served on the bank 5 days later. They then have 28 days in which to file a defence but even if they defend the claim that will usually be a stalling tactic to give them (DG solicitors) time to arrange a settlement with you.

Hi Claire,

check my thread out.......there's a few of us there who think it'll be us! Come join the party!

Babs x

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Hi Claire,

Your among MANY friends - were ALL in the same boat - getting RIPPED off by the poor hard up banks awwww

Best of luck with your claim-loads of help in here-just ask

Steve_n

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hi Claire, HSBC ignored my Prelim letter, offered me payout 4 days before my LBA was up. I accepted as part of claim. MCOL filed after 14 days up from LBA. HSBC acknowledged . They offered nearly all my money back. I accepted then had a letter from court with there defence. But got cheque a few days later. Took about 9 weeks all in all. Hope this helps

Following on from filing mcol I have received a response from HSBC and they are going to defend!! My nerves are gone, i just know they are going to use me as a test case or something!!!! Can anyone give any advice I am claiming for just under £5000 and badly need it for xmas as my account ids in a mess as I have had £125 charges a month for the past 6 months, I want it all back!!!

Hi Claire,

Keep your nerve. I'm pretty sure you won't end up in court and even if you do when they go for a test case in won't be in small claims court for amounts under £5000. This may seem a large amount of money but it's peanuts to them. I am willing to bet you are very close to getting the money in the bank and I hope it's before christmas. Keep us posted. I'm rooting for you.

hi claire,

just to clarify for you. you filed on xx date. add 5 days to that and that is the date it is deemed to be served, if they have said in the acknowledgment that they "intend to defend", that means they have 28 days from the date served to actually file a defence (not just intend to).

a lot of people seem to be hurrying their claim along by sending a breakdown of charges to dg, to the attn of the person listed on the acknowledgment at dg. if you don't send it to them then, you will be asked for it about the third week after you have filed.

so, i'd say - look at the acknowledgment, look for the person at dg and send your breakdown to them recorded delivery tomorrow with a little cover letter stating that this is a breakdown of your charges (with the court fee thrown in) and your mcol claim number, your name, address and phone number.

whether you do or don't, you will hear from dg, depending on their mood and your claim they will offer a partial or a full offer within a week usually of your sending your breakdown. if it's a partial - use the template letter for rejecting it, if it's full you are home free.

i think you will have your money well before they actually do defend, which they don't usually do until a day or two before the 28 days is up.

it is still a stallling tactic and you shouldn't panic. just keep in touch and we are here to help.

send that breakdown and by next weekend you may have some very good reasons to celebrate.

I filed my MCOL on Monday this week, found out HSBC stated intent to defend (responded the very next day). I'm not gonna get scared as this is playing into their hands!

Its amazing how quickly they file defence, but aren't as quick at responding to LBA's and such like!

Some poor ******* is gonna have a very busy run up to Xmas in the HSBC 'payments' department!!

Lynsey:)

just a point lynsey - they have filed their intention to defend, they have 28 days to actually defend. (they just put their intention to defend to buy them a further 14 days.) try this new lark of sending your breakdown at this point, instead of waiting for them to ask for it in about 2 weeks.

remember to send it recorded delivery. send it to the person at dg listed on the acknowledgment. certainly worth a try!

Hi Lynsey,

I agree with Lateralus, I am in the same boat - sent prelim, LBA - not a squeak - file my MCOL and wow ther eIS life at HSBC afterall - they acknowledged and filed their intent to defend very quickly - I am convinced (hope) it's just stalling for time, they get 28 days to file their full defence, so as advised in here I'm sending a copy of teh schedule (as already sent to the court) directly to DG (recorded of course) to show them I'm not just playing and intend to 'go all the way' have yet to see what happens next !!

Steve.

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hi Claire,

I am in a similar situation to you. My 28 days, in which HSBC had to submit their defence, were up on Monday 20th, I received their defence on the Saturday before this, along with the Allocation Questionnaire. You can see how it has all progressed in my thread. I can't believe this has been going on for nearly three months, but I am hopeful that I will have my money back by Christmas... hang on in there :) .

Sarah x

• 3 weeks later...

i don't see it hurrying things at all lately - they seem to move at their own speed - slow....... in fact most i've seen this week are dg only asking for the breakdown about the same time they file the defense. but still urging people to send them as soon as they receive their acknowledgment.

i think dg is slowly sinking beneath the claims...................