• Tweets

• Bazza I am under the assumption that the the application in court for *** covers the TIC and the *** covers the single journey i.e. when I was caught.    What do you think? Why else would they separate it? It must be including TIC. 
    • You can always ask for an OOC on the day, but don’t expect it.   my reading of the last sentence is that if you plead not guilty with them expecting a guilty plea, and the case is then adjourned for them to have the staff member attend to give evidence that they’d seek the extra costs involved.   re: the TIC. Is the *** in respect of the fare the single fare or to cover TIC journeys? That will clarify if there are any TIC !
    • Surprisingly they don't mention AT ALL the other times of usage.    It says tfl byelaws bla bla.. Then the last paragraph is "An application will be made in court for a *** contribution towards the costs of TFL. There will also be an application of *** in respect of the fare avoided. Further costs may be incurred if additional docs are required or the matter is not resolved at the earliest opportunity".    The last sentence is interesting. Leaving it open to an OOC on the day? 
    • On the fiat it should be around 4-5 years so certainly due. It could already have been done and if offered with a full service history it should be noted.  I would get it done if there is no evidence. Expect about £500 from a dealer or £300 from an indi  check the service book. They normally show when it need to be done mileage/time
    • no don't call them. you say they DONT mention at all the other times of usage? usually it will say byelaw bla bla  and in the statement say and XXX other times counted to [no.] being TIC if you plead guity and attend which you MUST do
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
Bekki0405

Southern Water/shumans claim form - unpaid waters debts from 2007

YOU DONT NEED TO DO ANYTHING.

BALLS IS IN THE CLAIMANTS COURT TO COMPLY WITH THE JUDGES ORDERS BY 8TH APRIL.

opps sri caps

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

And the Pre Action Protocol situation? I'm tempted to run with it, as if I'm right, this could be struck out on the basis that the rules to take it to court, weren't followed as per the Oct 2017 ruling

you cant on that alone no AFAIK.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

11 hours ago, dx100uk said:

you cant on that alone no AFAIK.

What is AFAIK? 

Mom getting notifications for both my thread and jerrythompson thread, so when I have replied, looks like I’ve replied on the other thread by accident 

As far as I know

20 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

As far as I know

Thank you! The reason I thought this might be the case, is because I believe the Pre Action Protocol should have given me the amount being claimed, the costs and how they were incurred, and at least give me a statement of the costs I was incurring. Instead, it was a letter for £4000+ from Shulmans which said Letter before court action. I ignored it at this point, as we’ve had a few of these type of letters in the past, and they’ve then bounced them back to the original debtor. 

Interstingly, although I can’t prove it, the tiny date on Shulmans letter is October 31st, and the Claim Form from Northampton court is 12th December, so the we’re super prompt in sending it through to court proceedings after 30 days. 

It's a mute point but worthy of a mention if this ever got back in court

As it is..theyve run out of time .

I applied for help with my water bills back in February. In my email to Southern Water this month, I explained I was waiting for someone to contact me. This was his reply 

As yet I have not received any contact form the mediation service. Please feel free to contact me direct to pay the £1,500.00 and at the same time we could run through your income and expenditure to agree repayment options. I could also refer you to our Debt advice team to discuss the various schemes and tariffs you may be eligible for? 

I am available Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm on 0330 303 1261.

I feel this is coercing me to pay and then arrange to see if I am eligible for a scheme. I believe this should be a separate issue, and cannot understand why they can’t deal with this independently. I wanted to make payment towards my current bill, and feel this is holding me back from doing so. 

I don’t see why he should be referring me to the debt advice team when they can contact me from my water scheme application in February 

Can someone advise me what I would do if the claim was struck out. I know it hasn’t been, it’s a general question on how a debt like this works.

The debt would still be there, so would I speak to Southern Water to negotiate payment? By that I mean, if it’s struck out, the debt isn’t written off so what happens to the debt??

the claim is not struck out it is stayed.but 99% prob going now where now.

you are in the driving seat.

pers id put in another application for what surfer01 suggests

don't be pushed in to doing anything like I&E's etc

Ok, I’ll sit and wait until after 8/4. Let’s see where it goes 🤞🏼

On 31/03/2019 at 12:12, dx100uk said:

the claim is not struck out it is stayed.but 99% prob going now where now.

you are in the driving seat.

pers id put in another application for what surfer01 suggests

don't be pushed in to doing anything like I&E's etc

The claim is not stayed DX...DQs have been submitted and Notice of Allocation to small claims received.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no sorry ofcourse its not.

so await to see if they aid scheme comes thru before mediation does...??

would give 2 methods to offer settlement then...

Are we not past mediation ...the court has issued directions......8th April ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

We’ve asked for mediation, however that’s taking longer than the court process. I was told this might be so.

a judge has allocated to small claims track. Am I still waiting for directions after 8/4? I take it claimant (SW) is due to reply to court 

What is the full text of the Notice of Allocation.....are there any directions that you must comply with and by date ?

post 76 id already said that...hehe good here at present..

1. Allocate this claim to  small claims track

2. The Claimant do send a reply to the defence to the court and the Defendants by 4pm on 8th April 2019

3. This order having been made by the Court pursuant to CPR Rule 3.3 of the  Civil Procedure Rules 1998, any party affected by this order has the right to apply to set it aside, vary or stay it by application made not more than 7 days after this order was served on the party making the application.

When I’m at home tonight I can upload a photo of actual form if that helps.

The points 1/2/3 are word for word from the form though 

If you could but you think there are no directions for you to comply with....some Caggers dont read it fully and miss directions that they must comply with..then its too late... now you wait until the 8th April ..give or take a few days and if they fail to comply with the court directions you could request sanctions be imposed..IE... Strike out their claim.

The photo I posted of N158 Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track, but I can’t find it here. Here it is again, fingers crossed it uploads this time. Job st to clarify, I am still waiting for mediation. And have not heard from the Claimant either

IMG_1103.jpg

Is there anyone on here who can confirm for definite that there is nothing I need to do, and that it is Southern Water who have to reply to the court. That’s how I’ve read the form, and I haven’t sent any communication back. I am confused as to the nature of this form, what purpose does it serve?

No there is nothing for you to do at the moment apart from wait until the 8th April and see if they do comply with the courts orders and send you a response....inform the court if not.

Andy