Noisy neighbour's complaint to Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 conjoined issues here and one is easier to get actionon than the other. Report the woman to the council safeguarding team and also report the person who responded to your letter for not reporting the matter themselves whilst you are at it. They are obliged to follow this up in a prescribed time but wont tell you waht their action is but do chase it up to make sure they have followed the prescribed path.

As for the noise, you keep a diary and note what the noise is and when. If after certain hours the threshold for waht is noisy changes so timings important as well as frequency. Borrow a decibel meter if you can, the couincil may well have some. If you want to buy one they are not expensive at the lower quality end but work as well as a snazzy one but dont have a data logging capability so pen and paper at the ready when you use it.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras
  • Confused 1

you afre misunderstanding what peopel are saying to you. The point I said about reporting the woman to the council safeguarding team is to do with childrend services and nowt to do with noise or housing or enforcement and safety.

people suggest what o write so just copy the wrodring they have used in their response, it will ake more sense to the person receiving it.

my spelling mistakes are caused by me having multiple sclerosis and so I struggle to get my body to co-ordinate itself. Peopel do understand my "gibberish" becasue they bother to read it carefully and apply some thought to exactly waht is siad rather than just scanning over it and jumping to the wrong conclusion.

This doenst apply to just my words though, peopel HAVE writtenm out EXACTLY what you need to just copy out and you then paraphrase that as somehting that is totally different and carries no useful request. Look at what was written by STU and look at your version Stu says ask for a specific POLICY and you translate that to procedures with noisy neighbours where no council will have such things because there isnt a statutory regulation that applies should they decide to be jobsworthy over this ( and they will beacuse neighbour disputes are a legal nightmare).

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 1 month later...

you move on to the next level of the complaints procedure and write to the chief exec of the council and state that yu put in a request adn complaint to ( name of dept) by recoded delivery on the 5th Feb and you havent had an acknowledgemt of that not a response in the prescribed period. You ar therefore raiing this as a level 2 complaint and expect the council to respond properly in the time allowed or you will be making a compalint of maladministration to the Local overnment Ombudsman.

let your ward councillors know as well so they can make noises to the elected head of the council

• Thanks 1

Their time is up so get yur letter snet  into the CE of the council as a second stage complaint. This is about not only the subject but their failure to respond within the timescale prescribed. You expect action on both parts of this within the next 20 days ( check it isnt working days)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

have you had any more incidnents and did you kae a recording of what it was and when- ie shouting at 11pm,  male and female voices ( known to be x and y if you nw the occupants by name) continued for 11 minutes.  It has to be regular so a noisy party every weekend is regular, 3 birthdays a year isnt.  Loud music, shouting etc has to be of a certain noise leve and that will vary according to time of day so again you need to note. the whats and whens.

let the council know you are keeping a diary and if the shouting is aimed at you you can involve the police as as "action liable to cause a breach of the peace" and you/they can seek a binding over order, though usually an ASBO is used and the council can get that issued as well as plod.

I dont buy it that them losing your letters of complaint kills the content of the complaint, that is lazy. they should investigate but you cant force them to so they wont