Noisy neighbour's complaint to Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

What you actually want to request is there Policy which will contain there Procedures and ask for both:

Noise Policy &

Anti Social Behaviour Policy. (note noise cones under this as well)

Could you clarify if the neighbour is a Home Owner / Private Renting / Housing Association or Council Tenant etc?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

What you actually want to request is there Policy which will contain there Procedures and ask for both:

Noise Policy &

Anti Social Behaviour Policy. (note: noise is also classed as this)

Could you clarify if the neighbour is a Home Owner / Private Renting / Housing Association or Council Tenant etc?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

• 2 weeks later...

@ pugilist

Simply read my post properly

Hi

Simply put the following:

Your Address

Their Address

Date: XX/XX/2019

Dear Sir/Madam

Formal Complaint (this means they have to record it as such and is logged for the regulator to see on inspections)

Reference: (if you have previously complained and have the refernce number etc place it here)

Brief outline of the issue and I do mean a brief summary here.

Due to this I require copies of the following:

1. XXXXXX Council Noise Policy (not the leaflet)

2. XXXXXX Council Anit-Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet)

I look forward to your reply

Yours Sincerely

Type Your Name Here (remember in the gap above to place your signature)

(Anything in RED please make sure and either amend or delete)

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

You mention you sent this Recorded Delivery now did you do it Signed For & have you checked Royal Mail Website with your unique code on your receipt to ensure it was delivered & the date & if applicable signed for and a signature? (make sure and take screenshots of everything)

Check the Councils Website for there Complaints Procedure (think of the date they got your letter) what does that procedure say they must acknowledge your complaint within a certain amount of days you use this against them).

So if you have all the above you follow up your complaint referring to all the above (enclosing photocopies of your evidence) and there failure to comply with there own complaints procedure (referring to the X days to acknowledge) and that you are still awaiting a response to my letter dated (the date on your letter that you posted 5th Feb 2019).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Hi

Just my take:

Chief Executive 
Newham Council
Address

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

Formal Complaint

Further to my Formal Complaint letter about Anti Social Behaviour dated xx/xx/2019 which you received on xx/xx/2019 (proof of receipt enclosed).

As this has now passed your Stage 1 Time Limit (20 days)(https://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Complaints-process.aspx) 
without even an acknowledgement of my Complaint letter dated xx/xx/2019.

I now require my Formal Complaint to be moved to Stage 2 of the Complaints Process due to the above.
(if there is a link to this on the councils website post that link here otherwise delete)

I also now require copies of the following:

1. Newham Council Noise Policy (not the leaflet)
2. Newham Council Anti-Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet)
3. Newham Council Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)
5. Newham Council Customer Care Policy (not the leaflet)
6. Newham Council Equality & Diversity Policy (not the leaflet)

(check there website some of these may be there, remember to delete this)

• Thanks 1