Noisy neighbour's complaint to Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you EB, I don't know why I didn't spot that. I thought something was missing and couldn't see for looking.

HB

That was a misprint, but i can't find the edit option for that post. Looks like we can't edit our old posts here.

You can only edit within ten minutes of submitting the post, pugilist.

HB

That's not a problem at all. I've just sent this email to them:

Ref: YYY/XX/YYYY/XXXXX

Dear Anti-Social Behaviour & Nuisance Team,

Please provide me with your policy for:

a) Noise

b) Anti-Social Behaviour

Regards,

Mr XXX

Hi

Simply put the following:

Your Address

Their Address

Date: XX/XX/2019

Dear Sir/Madam

Formal Complaint (this means they have to record it as such and is logged for the regulator to see on inspections)

Reference: (if you have previously complained and have the refernce number etc place it here)

Brief outline of the issue and I do mean a brief summary here.

Due to this I require copies of the following:

1. XXXXXX Council Noise Policy (not the leaflet)

2. XXXXXX Council Anit-Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet)

I look forward to your reply

Yours Sincerely

Type Your Name Here (remember in the gap above to place your signature)

(Anything in RED please make sure and either amend or delete)

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Simply put the following:

Your Address

Their Address

Date: XX/XX/2019

Dear Sir/Madam

Formal Complaint (this means they have to record it as such and is logged for the regulator to see on inspections)

Reference: (if you have previously complained and have the refernce number etc place it here)

Brief outline of the issue and I do mean a brief summary here.

Due to this I require copies of the following:

1. XXXXXX Council Noise Policy (not the leaflet)

2. XXXXXX Council Anit-Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet)

I look forward to your reply

Yours Sincerely

Type Your Name Here (remember in the gap above to place your signature)

(Anything in RED please make sure and either amend or delete)

Thank you very much. They didn't reply to my email sent on 24.01.2018. Thus I will post them your version of the letter by special delivery.

As I have the Ref.number, I think they have the full text of my initial complaint, that's why the outline is really brief.

That's how it looks: As you know I reported you regular and continuous shouting of my neighbours every night after 11 o'clock.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much you can do apart from issue a complaint to your MP or top tier council leaders.

• Thanks 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

You mention you sent this Recorded Delivery now did you do it Signed For & have you checked Royal Mail Website with your unique code on your receipt to ensure it was delivered & the date & if applicable signed for and a signature? (make sure and take screenshots of everything)

Check the Councils Website for there Complaints Procedure (think of the date they got your letter) what does that procedure say they must acknowledge your complaint within a certain amount of days you use this against them).

So if you have all the above you follow up your complaint referring to all the above (enclosing photocopies of your evidence) and there failure to comply with there own complaints procedure (referring to the X days to acknowledge) and that you are still awaiting a response to my letter dated (the date on your letter that you posted 5th Feb 2019).

• Thanks 1

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

you move on to the next level of the complaints procedure and write to the chief exec of the council and state that yu put in a request adn complaint to ( name of dept) by recoded delivery on the 5th Feb and you havent had an acknowledgemt of that not a response in the prescribed period. You ar therefore raiing this as a level 2 complaint and expect the council to respond properly in the time allowed or you will be making a compalint of maladministration to the Local overnment Ombudsman.

let your ward councillors know as well so they can make noises to the elected head of the council

• Thanks 1

Their time is up so get yur letter snet  into the CE of the council as a second stage complaint. This is about not only the subject but their failure to respond within the timescale prescribed. You expect action on both parts of this within the next 20 days ( check it isnt working days)

• Like 1

On 04/03/2019 at 11:13, ericsbrother said:

Their time is up so get yur letter snet  into the CE of the council as a second stage complaint. This is about not only the subject but their failure to respond within the timescale prescribed. You expect action on both parts of this within the next 20 days ( check it isnt working days)

Yes, I think there's no point waiting any more. I've just composed the message. But I'm not sure about the address of the Chief Executive of my Council(newham). Should I write to the same address as before, but  instead of  Anti-Social Team just use the name of the Chief Executive?

I wouldn't like it to get into the wrong hands.. It would be ridiculous, if the letter will be opened by the fellas against whom I complain.

Here's the text I've just prepared: 

Dear Chief Executive of Newham Council, Ms/Mr YYYY

This is my 2nd stage of your complaints process. On the 5th of February I filed a formal complaint with your Anti-Social Behaviour and Nuisance Team. Please find a copy of the letter enclosed. More than 20 days passed, but I still haven't got any response from them. They received it the next day. Please find the copy of the receipt enclosed. They just ignored it. Please take all appropriate steps to sort out the situation.

Sincerely yours

Mr XXX

Hi

Hi

Just my take:

Chief Executive 
Newham Council
Address

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

Formal Complaint

Further to my Formal Complaint letter about Anti Social Behaviour dated xx/xx/2019 which you received on xx/xx/2019 (proof of receipt enclosed).

As this has now passed your Stage 1 Time Limit (20 days)(https://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Complaints-process.aspx) 
without even an acknowledgement of my Complaint letter dated xx/xx/2019.

I now require my Formal Complaint to be moved to Stage 2 of the Complaints Process due to the above.
(if there is a link to this on the councils website post that link here otherwise delete)

I also now require copies of the following:

1. Newham Council Noise Policy (not the leaflet)
2. Newham Council Anti-Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet)
3. Newham Council Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)
5. Newham Council Customer Care Policy (not the leaflet)
6. Newham Council Equality & Diversity Policy (not the leaflet)

(check there website some of these may be there, remember to delete this)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, stu007 said:

Hi

Hi

Just my take:

Chief Executive 
Newham Council
Address

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

Formal Complaint

Further to my Formal Complaint letter about Anti Social Behaviour dated xx/xx/2019 which you received on xx/xx/2019 (proof of receipt enclosed).

As this has now passed your Stage 1 Time Limit (20 days)(https://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Complaints-process.aspx) 
without even an acknowledgement of my Complaint letter dated xx/xx/2019.

I now require my Formal Complaint to be moved to Stage 2 of the Complaints Process due to the above.
(if there is a link to this on the councils website post that link here otherwise delete)

I also now require copies of the following:

1. Newham Council Noise Policy (not the leaflet)
2. Newham Council Anti-Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet)
3. Newham Council Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)
5. Newham Council Customer Care Policy (not the leaflet)
6. Newham Council Equality & Diversity Policy (not the leaflet)

(check there website some of these may be there, remember to delete this)

Thank you very much. I like it the way it is now. I really appreciate this! 

Tomorrow I will post it recorded delivery. I'll keep you updated of any changes.

18 hours ago, ploddertom said:

The chances are it has been delivered but Track & Trace not updated.

well, how do we know for sure? it never happened to me before, and Track & Trace never failed this way..

On 16/03/2019 at 15:06, ploddertom said:

It is a very common problem particularly with Signed For. Often the postman may sign for it and shove it through the door, then forget to update Track & Trace when he has finished.

i sent a lot of signed for letters, and it was always ok, so it is quite uncommon for me. do u think it was delivered eventually?  may be i shoul send another copy of the same letter..

what would u do in this case?

let it run for a few days then chase it up with the council.  Just title it something like RE: my letter from xx/xx/xxxx  Then just write as if they recieved it. Theyll soon tell you if they have or have no idea.

• Like 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2019 at 20:32, renegadeimp said:

let it run for a few days then chase it up with the council.  Just title it something like RE: my letter from xx/xx/xxxx  Then just write as if they recieved it. Theyll soon tell you if they have or have no idea.

I was already going to do so, but yesterday found out that they chose to make a formal reply via email. I'll post the text of their message in the next post.

Dear Mr ZZZZZ,

Thank you for your recent letter regarding your concerns at not receiving a reply to your complaint you made in February 2019.

I am sorry to see the difficulties you have outlined within your letter. In reply to your concerns, I have raised this matter with our ASB and Nuisance Team and have checked records held within our team and wider Customer Services Team. However, I can find no record of your complaint which you state was received by the Council on 6th February 2019. I am not denying that this was not received by the Council as outlined in your letter, its just that I can’t find no record of this and who received this.

Upon speaking to our ASB they have confirmed to me that they have reports of only one complaint that was reported to the Council on 31st December 2019 raised against the occupants of xx xxxxx Road. This has been closed with no action taken and they have record of no further incidents. What I would encourage here is that if you are still experiencing issues of noise with your neighbour, then it is imperative that this is reported to the council at the time that this is occurring. Any noise witness has to be witnessed before it becomes statutory noise nuisance. Further information can be found on our website:

https://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Noise.aspx

However, if you still require your complaint to be investigated, I am more than happy to review this and would ask if possible for you to provide a copy of your original complaint so that due consideration can be given to this prior to any formal investigation. However, as it stands I have little or nothing to go on here as we have never seen sight of your complaint from February 2019. Therefore, at present I cannot take your complaint to the next stage based solely on the grounds that you never received a response.

I hope that this has helped clarified the position here. Please feel free to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

YYYY