• Tweets

• pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site  note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.  then log in to the MCOL Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit MCOL. .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... .[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt] . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • The agreement started 11/02/2019  for 47 monthly hire payments   Threat-o-gram : We are instructed on behalf of Hyundai Capital UK Limited T/a Hyundai Finance Contract Hire.  This is inaccurate, as on my hire agreement it says - Owner Santander Consumer (UK) plc trading as Volvo Car Financial Services. Hyundai must be who this other persons agreement is with.   The only will is: Should you fail to make payment of the outstanding bablnce of £5,000, or alternatively provide realistic payment proposals within the next 30 days, we are instructed to issue County Court proceedings against you for the balance outstanding. Such proceedings will also include claim for costs.   Yes I still have my agreement. 
    • Hi M10,   Compared to MANY other cases we see here, a refund of 80% is a decent offer in the circumstances.   Take it and get yourself a new item.   Far better than Very and Apple each denying responsibility and passing the buck, and you being stuck in the middle for months with no help.
    • thanks for all that.... yes interesting. you handed the car back in nov 2020, how long was the lease agreement for and when did it start?   if you read the threat-o-gram carefully it doesn't say WILL anything. who are stated as DWF's client please ? and have you still your copy of this agreement?    
    • A devaluing currency and hard economic conditions make cryptocurrencies attractive despite the risks. View the full article
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 738 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Happy New Year to all!

I have contacted HSBC using their online contact form about PPI that i took out with an old Marbles credit card. They have replied giving a credit card number and the start date, the also confirm PPI was paid.

Reading other posts I see its best to start with a SAR request, can anyone advise the current address for making SAR requests or is it the standard complaints address :

HSBC UK Bank plc, Complaints Department, POBox 5207, Coventry, CV3 8FB

​Thanks in advance

You should actually be able to make an SAR request to any HSBC address – including any branch. However the complaints address that you have posted above is fine.

Make sure you send it recorded delivery.

At the same time you may as well start making your own investigations – maybe by telephone if you can as to how much PPI you might have paid and you may as well begin a PPI reclaim process while you are waiting for the statutory disclosure to be made to you.

Thanks for the reply I will mail the SAR request ASAP.

With regard to starting the claim. I do not have any paperwork only a card number provided by HSBC, will that suffice to begin the claim?

no!!

get all the details

else you'll never know if the refund is correct

use the FCA register to check correct HSBC address

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 weeks later...

they have 30 days.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this

No response from HSBC at all although I have proof from Royal Mail that they received my SAR request. Searching the forum I have found the email address of the HSBC Data Control Office and sent the following email:

I recently made a Subject Access Request which appears to have been ignored as I have received no communication from HSBC at all.

You will find attached a copy of my letter requesting information and also proof of delivery by Royal Mail. Can you inform me at your earliest convenience if HSBC intend to comply with my request and if so within what time scale?

Please be informed if I do not receive a reply within seven days I will start a formal complaint with the ICO and consider taking action in the small claims court.

Should I be taking further action at this stage or wait and see if I now get a response?

Thanks in advance

get the complaint into ICO stop fuddling around, they gave an assurance to ICO SAR etc will be complied with after my complaint years ago and will be monitored, sit on hands to not chase HSBC they just laugh at you

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

its only 2 days outside of the 30days

pers id ring and ask where it is?

and they

Today I called them as no reply to my email. Basically I was told to complain to the ICO if I was not happy. What a poor attitude from a major UK Bank! Complaint has been filed but I'm told there is a 3 month backlog maybe that is their game plan.

@ 9 ABOVE:- You have been advised do not phone them get the complaint into ICO stop fuddling around, they gave an assurance to I etc will be complied with after my complaint years ago and will be monitored, sit on hands to not chase HSBC they just laugh at you

sit on your hands BUT call IOC complaints 1st , do you need to be told 3 times???

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:
@ 9 ABOVE:- You have been advised do not phone them get the complaint into ICO stop fuddling around, they gave an assurance to I etc will be complied with after my complaint years ago and will be monitored, sit on hands to not chase HSBC they just laugh at you

sit on your hands BUT call IOC complaints 1st , do you need to be told 3 times???

No disrespect but look at post 11 above advising me to contact HSBC first. Complaint has been filed with with ICO as instructed but ICO said I had to go back to HSBC first which I have done.