Bank_Buster

bank_buster_vs_cahoot

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:p

Hi everyone,

im new to this site, but have read many of the threads to get a feel for the banks tactics. I guess this is where i tell you about my case thus far.

1 st letter to cahoots sent 13th November 2006

my address

13th November 2006

Cahoot/Abbey National House

2 TritonSquare,

RegentPlace,

London,

NW1 3AN.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: acc # *********

I understand that the charges applied to my account in relation to Overdraft Charges and Returned Item Charges are unlawful.

When I opened my account I entered into a contract with you, at which time you agreed to act lawfully. The fees you have been applying to my account in relation to the above are unlawful under Common Law, Statute and consumer regulations.

You have taken 640.00 pounds from me in the overdraft and returned item charges, plus the following 96.16 pounds in overdraft interest and I would like to request repayment of 736.16 pounds of this total sum. I also ask you to ensure any default notices entered against my credit record are removed entirely.

Please find attached a detailed list of these charges.

Please repay this money in full and remove any default notices within 14 days. If this is not done, I will begin a claim against you for the full amount, plus interest and my costs.

Yours sincerely,

jennifer aka bank_buster

List of Charges placed on my account

Date Taken Type of Charge Charge

11th Nov 2005 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

14th Nov 2005 Returned Item charge 25.00

12th Dec 2005 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

11th Jan 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

11th Feb 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

14th Mar 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

11th Apr 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

4th May 2006 Returned Item Charge 25.00

12th May 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

15th May 2006 Returned Item Charge 25.00

11th June 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

5th July 2006 Returned Item Charge 25.00

12th July 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

13th July 2006 Returned Item Charge 50.00

17th July 2006 Returned Item Charge 25.00

4th Aug 2006 Returned Item Charge 25.00

11th Aug 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

14th Aug 2006 Returned Item Charge 25.00

15th Aug 2006 Returned Item Charge 25.00

11th Sept 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

12th Oct 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

11th Nov 2006 Unauthorized O/D charge 30.00

-------------------------

Overdraft Interest 96.16

--------------------------

Total Amount 736.16

:p

Cahoots response to first letter on 18th November via email

Sent :

18 November 2006 16:57:26

To :

Jennifer

Subject :

cahoot

|

|

|

Inbox

Dear Miss. jenniferThank you for contacting cahoot in Coventry.Our position in relation to bank charges, as stated in the terms and conditionsof our accounts, is that it is the customer's responsibility to ensure thatthere are sufficient funds in the account to cover any direct debits, standingorders, card purchases or cheques that they write. cahoot is up front andtransparent about all its banking charges as set out in its Tariff of Charges.cahoot's bank account is good value and our charges compare fairly with others. We review our fees and charges regularly against our competitors. Banking withcahoot need not incur charges. Bank charges are only imposed on those who gobeyond their agreed limits.Kind Regards,Emma BrookesWho would you rather be in cahoots with?(ha!!!..Not these guys that’s for sure!!!lol)

:eek:

2nd letter sent prior to action on 23rd November 2006

my address

Complaints

Abbey

PO Box 5129

Milton Keynes MK9 2YN

23rd November 2006

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

CAHOOT ACCOUNT NUMBER # **********:

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my letter of the 13th November 2006, instead I was sent a impersonal form letter by email dated 14th November and have not received any acknowledgement by post to date, as I sent to you duplicate letters one via email and one via post to ensure you received this important letter and document of charges.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract, which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner, which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £736.16 from my account since I have opened my account with you.

I have enclosed a copy of the schedule of the charges, which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 13th November 2006.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

If you wish to defend yourselves by using the argument that your charges accurately reflect your costs, then I will require you to disclose a material breakdown of your charges to support this.

Yours faithfully,

jennifer aka bank buster ..lol

14 days from this date for cahoots to respond will be the 7th December..yeehaw!!

so i wait...........

Welcome to the site.... keep us posted in the cahoot forum!

Your duplicated thread will be deleted in due course.

Crusher :D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!