• Tweets

• As weddings get fines even if 130 strong stag hunt gatherings dont   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/wedding-coronavirus-fine-leeds-restrictions-police-b680059.html
    • More evidence that Handcock and co' cks are manipulating figures by approx x4 We have already seen that Hancock  & Johnson claims of 240,000 - 300,000 tests daily actually equate to only around 60-80,000 people tested daily   Heres a report on the latest actual situation at care homes with 4% outbreaks reported by HC-On and 1% reported by PHE/Handcock. Care home coronavirus outbreaks cast doubt on official PHE data Exclusive: Largest provider says 70 of its homes have had outbreaks, with 20 in the last fortnight https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/30/care-home-coronavirus-outbreaks-cast-doubt-on-official-phe-data   "In one week in September, HC-One recorded new outbreaks in a dozen homes – equivalent to 4% of its facilities. By contrast, PHE recorded new outbreaks over the same period at just 1% of all homes. Outbreaks are defined as two or more people at a home testing positive, including staff."   and testing at care homes: "HC-One said that between 19 and 25 September, tests of more than 1,000 staff at 12 of its homes took more than a week to come back. It means the results are close to useless because after seven days the workers are due to be tested again. More than 700 of the tests carried out that week were also returned void, the chain said."  
    • Up to 12 per cent of all branches and ATMs closed between April and June, according to the Financial Conduct Authority and Payment Systems Regulator. View the full article
    • Trump v Biden debate   https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000007365697/presidential-debate-live.html  
    • brexit party outspent the tories and labour together on targeted social media 'promoting various lies I seem to remember and people from there still are examples https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-says-no-idea-18775071 https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/07/smash-and-grab-dominic-cummings-democracy   Just google boris johnson Cambridge analytica Nix   Of course they simply claim that evidenced claims of their  own manipulation and lies are manipulation and 'false news' as we see on forums such as this by their 'followers
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear All,

I have had a scary incident today!

I was rushing through a saintsbury's local and accidentally tagged one item worth 2 GBP as carrots, I purchased 4 items and only one had the issue.

The security guard asked me to go to a room with the manager who claimed that I did this 3 times without showing any proof!

It did happen a time before and I assured her that it was a mistake and I re-scanned the item I wanted to purchase and paid for it (it was a glitch in the system which she did not admit, the self checkout was already

waiting for carrots to be scanned and did not take the barcode of my item)

This time, she was shouting, she was scary along with her large security guy. They asked for ID and I was getting my wallet to show him my ID, he took it without my permission and they started going though my bank cards and my driving license.

They recorded my address and name and gave me a ban, they even insisted on treating me badly by taking a photo of me with the paper and the item which was a small bag of crisps!!!

I feel really disappointed but I am also very worried that DWF or other companies might ask me to pay more money as I am an international student on a full scholarship.

I am working hard and I have never had such issues in my life and would never do such things. I asked them the same question: why would I "play" with your system after scanning

all of my items properly except one?!?! I even asked her that if she has a proof of what she claims, she can give me a full invoice of the items she is claiming and I will pay her for everything immediately to prove

to her that this is unintentional and surely not my doing!

I am really worried that this could affect my residency in this country or my scholarship or so, and I do not want to be forced to pay 150 GBP or more if it is not really owed!

Sorry for the long text but I am shaking and I honestly do not know what to do, I cannot forget how they took my wallet and started taking my cards one my one!!!

Please advise and I would be extremely thankful to all of you!

nothing they can do to you

it cant hurt your visa

it cant hurt your credit file

and you already know the DWF or RLP are totally powerless.

now on to what should do.!!

write to the CEO at head office and COMPLAIN about the way your were and have been treated by the staff at that branch.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dot pay anything. They can't do anything. They d have pretty much forgotten you already tbh.

It certainly won't show on your visa as they are nothing to do with the law and never will be.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I even told them that mistakes happen and I am willing to pay for any differences or any errors, I told them I would never do such things and I do not want any issues with them.

Shall I contact the regional operations manager as advised in the letter?

I am thankful to all of you for the advice, I really am working hard on creating a deep learning technology to assist disabled people as my closest friend died because he couldn't control his wheelchair! why would I risk all of this for 2 GBP ?!

Shall I contact the regional operations manager as advised in the letter?...whose letter?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The ban letter from saintsburys advising me to contact the regional operational manager if I believe that the ban is unjust..

I am not sure who to complain especially because of the wallet incident!

id contact the CEO

and they

ceoemail.com

and they

Hi,

As well as you contacting the CEO, it may be that Sainsbury's subcontract the store security to a private company. It would help if that company (if at all) were named.

Can you recall any uniform or badge worn by security?

DWF may become involved but you can safely ignore them. They can do nothing to you.

There will be no issue on your visa as this was not a criminal matter.

I think that the media team on Twitter should be made aware of this as well. It seems that Sainsbury's and their security staff do not understand that mistakes do happen on occasion and not every mistake is an attempt to steal.

What was the value of the goods and did you pay for the mistaken item?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

One more thing, Did the security room have CCTV (video recording) If so, you demand to see the footage to assist in your complaint.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE