• Tweets

• Thank you.  Threads that point to success - or to mistakes - are very useful for motorists that will come on here in the future.   What you have done is utter insanity.  Despite being given on a plate two threads where motorists beat Athena in the same week as your case you've gone and handed over money to the fleecers.  It doesn't take much to work out that (a) not handing over money you don't owe to conmen is a better strategy than (b) handing over money you don't owe to conmen then trying to get it back.   The amount was never "going up" from £45 to £90 because it was never £45 in the first place.  It was always £0.  You were being charged for overstaying by eight seconds which is legally "de minimis" ("the law does not deal with trivialities").  You couldn't read Athena's signs anyway as the car park was pitch black!  Etc.  Etc.   Athena's position will be that you admitted the debt (otherwise why did you pay it?)  I hope chargeback goes well but often it's a battle to get banks to carry out chargeback and they will understandably be bemused as to why you paid this money if you thought you didn't owe it.  Bluntly you've just made life a million times harder for no reason.  It's like a football team manager who instructs the players to score two own goals in the first minute and then try to win the game.     That said, go for chargeback and good luck.
    • Same reason Councils like to use Agency workers at sharp end.
    • Not a fan of outsourcing in general, as I think control is lost.  And the companies used, can have problems meeting the standards required, as HB states above.    But I can see why it is attractive, as then Government department or principal company does not have additional staff with pensions and all of the other costs.   If you needed say 200 staff to cover work that would last a year, it can make sense to outsource the work, depending on what is required.    
    • That's what gets me, BN, unless these three companies have a monopoly between them.   At least two of them have been fined or had financial penalties for messing up, haven't they? And yet they still get the next job, possibly with no tendering in the current climate.
    • An update! I took all the advice, Social media, contacted the cottage direct ( mail and letter) sent an email to the CEO and the UK Director of customer service Booking.com, Halifax re charge back.   Oddly, this morning Kalvin got a text message saying they tried to contact him months ago ( yeah right) offering him a refund or alternative accommodation!!  So, to keep inline with data protection ( that was mentioned in the text) they can only reply to him.   Offered his money back or another date. He agreed to a refund within the next 7 days.   I really appreciate all of your input and I will gladly make a donation to your good work many thanks again,   Paul
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Hbos debt - Transferred debt to Wescot

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Bank of Scotland wrote to me saying they may sell debt and the new holder of debt may take me to court.

Today i get letter from BOS stating the debt has been transferred to Wescot.

Debt in question is close to 10k and was defaulted 4 months, they failed to respond to my token payment.

I already get hounded by moorcroft for a tesco debt how do Wescot behave?

Wetcloths only chase and can be ignored

Tell us about the debt history please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wetcloths only chase and can be ignored

Tell us about the debt history please

Debt history, debt is close to 10k, stopped paying around may this year, wrote twice to bos to accept token payments, they refused to respond so i ignored them.

Around 4 months ago defaulted, today state account transferred to wescot, contact them.

Edited by onebyone

ignore wetcloths

as in your other thread

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore wetcloths

as in your other thread

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

do wescot not buy debt?

BOS said previously that they may sell debt on to DCA who may take you to court.

No wetcloths only chase

See what happens

What's the debt

and they

Just type

No need to reply with quote...

When from please?

£10k card debt..thats unusual

and they

really try noddle and clearscore

on the Tesco debt

who are moorcrofts clients?

again they don't buy debts/

and they

Then ignore them too

and they

Tesco are a strange bunch, all my creditors were offered token payments, it was this or bankruptcy. Tesco accepted token paymemt for credit card but refused to commit for tesco loan.

I just left them. I think in the end i will go down the bankruptcy route.

well don't do that - no need.

wait till these are sold on to debt buyers...

then comeback here when you get the notice of assignment.

and they

Dx100

Thanks for your assistance.

All my debt are after 2007, they can make copies of the agreement like someone told me. Dont think i can rum away from the debts.

Step change advised bankruptcy but ive been holding off. BR is last resort..

you are not running away.

but if Tesco wont accept your offer

after sending the pro rata letter

like the one in the debt collection section of our library

then you send no'2' offering £1PCM for life

that's their problem.

as for the CCA

well it still has to be enforceable

which is why I say wait till they get sold

if you want to pay what you offer/can

then DO SO

you DONT need Tesco's permission!!

do it by your interweb banking portal and BACS.

there is little need to go BK for consumer debt.

and they

One more important question, do CCA need to have the full terms throughout the credit agreement, my credit limit started low and throughout the period the limit was increased and various times 0% balance transfer options taken up by me.

usual at ant major changes

so the CCA should have the ORIGINAL T&C's for the date of opening and usually a later set

they don't have to send a new set at each int rate rise.

just scan up everything you get back.

we'll tell you if its correct

and they