style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have a unpaid debt with anglian water.

ccj granted march 2013 for a debt of £1,341,98.

agreed with them to pay debt off at £5 per month.

after a financial income check incomings outgoings.

we applied to pay this debt by direct debit payment.

they said it could not be done.

over the period of time we reduced this debt to about £300.

for some reason they cancelled the agreement and enforced this with the high court enforcement group who visited me today.

informing me they are collecting a debt of £2,041.15 for anglian water.

rather annoyed to find that anglian water never told me of there intentions or giving me a chance to put my case to the court.

where is the common sense the debt reducing.

then they treble the debt

to be honest struggle paying this amount.

is the court system just got no sense before they decide what actions they take on people.

any advice available here please .

contacted anglian water waiting for call back.

how did you agree to pay it off

through a tomlin order

or direct to Anglia water?

why did you not defend the CCJ?

and is this now a second judgement?

have you checked your credit file?

you should have received numerous letters before the HCEO visit?

do they not know your correct address?

somethings not right here given the timeline you've stated.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you for your reply

1 agreed payment direct with anglian water after they sought judgement would not negotiate without judgement. payments where sent via payments through store ect.

this ccj was obtained in march 2013 was defended but admitted the debt due to get installment plan .

this is the same judgement seems to have been enforced. this is what credit file says

Name ....

Address ....

Judgment date 21/03/2013

Amount £ 1,347

Court name Northampton Ccbc

had no letters at all sent e mails and contacted anglian water asking for some explanation.

also the copies of all payments made balance before a high court writ ...would have been very small about £300.

nothing at all from anyone was not aware we have continued the agreed payments to anglian water.

We were unaware we was shocked . the debt has now been trebled

this is the payment booklet we have used also this is the letter the bailiffs left

20190104_121800.jpg

20190104_121625 (2).jpg

20190104_121800.jpg

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Sorry to say but you need to put your attachments into a multi page PDF then upload that. Remember to redact personal details. As for the total they are demanding then this will be based upon the original CCJ total and sounds very much that AW may not have informed them of any receipts.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uploads hidden you must redact them!!

Read upload

One multipage pdf only please

Pers details removed from above post

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have e mailed anglian water asking for any letters sent to me . also a full list of all payments made to them by us. some form of explanation to there actions considering the debt was being reduced. im gutted about this matter .so please all advice is most greatfull on how we move forward thanks

or send them an sar

then they cant hide stuff

its a legal request.

- - - Updated - - -

PS you really should NOT be using email nor the phone

WRITE so you have a papertrail

and they

One thing to note well and this is no criticism of you as the chances are it was never explained.

I assume the payment proposal you had with them was to pay a certain amount on a certain date. This should have been paid in clear funds to reach your part of their account. I note you that you seemed to use something like Paypoint at a local Newsagents, to keep this in context then it could have been up to 10 days later before your account was credited due to processing times. If this is the case then AW can rightly say you paid late and could be justified in going for enforcement.

When writing to AW ask that they hold off enforcement temporarily whilst you investigate your payments to them.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

have a unpaid debt with anglian water. CCJ granted march 2013 for a debt of £1,341,98.

Over the period of time we reduced this debt to about £300. For some reason they cancelled the agreement and enforced this with the high court enforcement group who visited me today informing me they are collecting a debt of £2,041.15 for anglian water.

Something is definitely not right so please do contact Anglian Water to investigate.

You mention that your repayments led to the debt being reduced to just £300. If that is the case, then the High Court Enforcement company should not have been instructed as they cannot enforce a debt that is less than £600.

You have not mentioned what action (if any) has been taken by the HCEO. Did the enforcement agent just leave a letter or did he gain entry into your premises?

Something is definitely not right so please do contact Anglian Water to investigate.

You mention that your repayments led to the debt being reduced to just £300. If that is the case, then the High Court Enforcement company should not have been instructed as they cannot enforce a debt that is less than £600.

You have not mentioned what action (if any) has been taken by the HCEO. Did the enforcement agent just leave a letter or did he gain entry into your premises?

I think they meant that they reduced the debt by £300 as per the £5 a month paid over the last couple of years? If they originally had a CCJ and the judge agreed to the £5 DD every month, how can a second CCJ be raised for the same debt?

An application to Stay the Enforcement might be a good move and an application to set an affordable payment with the court. You don't have to let the HCEO in and it might be better to keep them out and hide any car in the meantime. Ploddertom, BA, and others will probably have some further good advice soon

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

have had contact with debt enforcement at anglian water.

stated agreement was not paid on time and on the dates required.

due to this they cancelled the agreement.

they do not deny the balance was reducing to the originol debt.

notice was given they state in writing enforcement action would be commenced.

situation we have today arrived at.

we have confirmed that on no occasion have we had letters from anglian water re this matter.

they said we sent these you should contact the postal service and raise the matter with them .

they will not be blamed for this failure.

anglian water have asked me to make a lite application to them they will forward this via e mail..

they have my e mail address .

they have agreed to call off the bailiffs until they decide the lite application.

they will respond on the SAR request within 1 month.

whats a 'lite' application ???

and they

As discussed earlier, please find a copy of the Low Income Tariff for Eligible households (LITE) application form attached.

Please complete the form and return to us by post. Alternatively you can visit our website https://www.anglianwater.co.uk/household/your-account/bills-and-payments/tariffs/lite/lite-application-form.aspx and complete the form.

Ok looking better then...

and they