• Tweets

• Well I'll deal with the questions as well I can. Normally speaking you would be required to give 14 days notice. This is a protocol and so it's not completely fixed. I would suggest that you at least give seven days' notice so if you give notice today by email then it would be reasonable in the circumstances to begin an action next Monday. I will explain in the email why you are shortening the normal period of notice and also point out to the fact that he has been uncooperative so far whereas the circumstances are extremely clear and your rights under the consumer rights act are extremely clear. I don't know any way that the case could be expedited – but certainly when you receive the directions questionnaire then you should explain to the judge at that point the urgency of the situation. You will have to put some amount so if I were you I would estimate the maximum amount of likely damages and then claim for a figure "not exceeding £XXX". Of course that will mean that you will be paying a higher claim fee. You could explain in your letter of claim that this is what you will be doing and why you're doing it. You don't need to put a lot of detail at this point. Have a look at that and see if it sums up your case correctly. Sue them at the registered address. Get all information you can from the mechanic including photographs et cetera. Also get your independent report. You were not needed at this point to issue the claim but it will be extremely helpful later on. You will be able to claim for the cost of this as well.  
    • A complaint 12 Months after the event.....................   Complaints about GP's are taken very seriously. Its not surprising he wouldn't want to see you alone, maybe with a chaperone, but not alone.   So you intend to complain again................................   You had best be careful or the Practice will strike you off and then you might be stuck. Just see another GP at the same Practice and move on.   H
    • Good Afternoon all.   Please forgive my naivety, this is my first post and I would really appreciate some advice.    I purchased a Ford Ranger 2015 plate from Ron Whites Trade Cars in Wakefield on 18th Feb this year. I paid £6,700 on debit card and was given £4000 trade in for my 2010 Nissan Navara, so £10,700 in total. Inclusive of 6 months 3rd party warranty.   I had recently been diagnosed with secondary cancer in my bones (including spine which affects my mobility) and needed a reliable vehicle to travel to and from hospital of which I made him aware of. Also that I have several dogs and horses and therefore needed a pick up.  My dear Dad helped me with the cost of the car.    At my request, he put a new MOT on it and I collected it a few days later.    On Thursday 9th May, having driven no more than 500 miles from collection,  I was driving at about 45 MPH, when I was approaching a 30 MPH zone and a busy crossroads, and went to apply the brakes. The brakes failed (as in nothing at all) and I had to slow the car through the gears and apply the handbrake narrowly missing several cars.  I can't tell you how frightening it was, and I have been scared driving since.    I called Ron Whites Trade cars ltd and spoke to the dealer.  He told me to call the warranty company. Which I did. They advised me to call a tow truck and tow to a VAT registered non-main dealer.    The warranty company - clearly not worth the paper it is written on - said I need to show full service history. I realised then (my bad) that it never came with FSH, despite the advert declaring that it did. I have screen shots of the advert that verify this.   The garage where it was towed to called me the next day and asked how long I had had it. I explained not long. Their head mechanic said an unaligned fitted part - fitted prior to purchase (vacuum pump to brake servo?) has caused the damage and it was likely to be a very large bill. He advised me to call the dealer and under the CRA 2015 ask him to repair it or reject it.    I called him back and without going into details - he refused to help. The mechanic from where it is currently sat also had several conversations with him. Apparently the dealer became quite threatening and abusive.  The mechanic advised him to come and collect the car and repair it as he should do under CRA 2015. The conversation ended with the dealer telling him to just fix it and bill me.    I emailed and sent a recorded letter on 10th May, advising them to collect the vehicle and repair it or pay the garage where it currently stands or I shall take legal action.    I heard nothing.   I am now going to authorise the garage to carry out the repairs and will be seeking costs through the small claims court.  I have researched the company and they have a large selection of vehicles, last assets were recorded at just under £600k.  Most of the stock is stored at the Director's home address. Which is where I purchased the car from. Although the receipt states Ron White Trade Cars Ltd.    I desperately need the vehicle and although I have an old Peugeout 106 as a loan car - I can't possible carry out my hobbies and usual daily life in it.   My poor Dad is lending me the money to repair it.    My questions are:  A) Can I start the small claims process now? The reason is that I have a DS1500 form - which basically means I may have less than six months to live - but hopefully more! Could the case be expedited in order I can settle things sooner for obvious reasons?  B) Do I sent another email/text advising that tomorrow I will start the claim? B) I have no idea what the total bill will be until the car is fixed - so do I claim an 'undisclosed amount?' C) What wording do I put on the form - what detail should I absolutely not miss out?  D) The registered address on Company House is that of an office elsewhere. I assume the accountants address. I collected the car from his home address (approximately 30 other cars were there) so can I send the court papers to this address? E) Who do I put on the papers? Ie Ron White trade cars ltd. Or the director I dealt with (of which there are 3)  F) I have been advised to get an independent report - but this is going to delay the process even further. The mechanic has advised he will take photos and written evidence. Would this suffice before a judge?    I'm very grateful to anyone who has read this, and apologise for such a long post.  Many thanks         
    • 2 years ago I made a complaint against a GP at my surgery....the reply I received was the GP could not recall the events (in the complaint) because the GP see so many patients a day and the complaint I sent was 12 months after the event.   Now to what happened recently....   1. I had a appoointment at 10am with the same GP I had made a complaint againt over 1 year ago...I booked myself at reception and waited, waited when it was 10.20 I asked at receptionion when would I been seent, as my appointment was at 10am. A receptionist told me 'There has been an emergency of some kind with a patient...so that has caused a delay and your appointment will now be moved to another GP' - I asked why the appointment was moved and was told 'sorry I cannot tell you' and you will be seen soon.   2. 10.30am and still not been seen so I asked another receptionist, she checked the computer system and told me the GP (name) has refused to see me because I made a complaint against him over 12 months ago and now my appointment was being moved to a different GP and I had to wait. I told the receptionist this was wrong and the GP had to be impartial as a GP and he was making this personal by not seeing me.   3. Eventually I was called and saw a different GP and explained to him what happened and the GP I had originally had an appointment with had refused to see me because of a complaint I raised against him over 12 months ago. The GP I was with was shocked and surprised and told me that GP should not have refused to see me   NOW I need your help to write a complaint, please can you help me
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
shellbells1982

NatWest Refusing to process SAR **resolved**

Hi,

help needed I'm going around in circles with NatWest

I sent a SAR to them in October 2018

NatWest wrote to me refusing to process it as the signature on my current account was different to what I'd signed on the request

So I sent them copy of my drivers license and passport - still wouldn't accept it as my passport was out of date by a week

I attended a local branch and physically changed my signature to an updated one

Note: the signature on the account was in a previous name held over nearly 10yrs ago. All bank cards, letters, statements, cheque books everything from Natwest has been arriving in my current name since whenever I'd changed it back again 10yrs ago. Only signature was outdated

Yesterday I resent (emailed) the SAR to NatWest signed, and they've responded this morning:

Many thank for your email. We are currently unable to process your request as we wrote to you on the 6th November asking you to provide proof of name change as the signature we hold does not match, We then sent an email to you on the 15/11 asking you to provide proof of name change as the signature we have does not match. We cannot process your request until we receive one of the below.

[TABLE=width: 624]

[TR]

[TD]Accepted Proof of Name Change[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marriage certificate[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Civil Partnership certificate[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Decree Absolute and birth certificate

(both are required)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Decree Nisi and birth certificate

(both are required)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have none of the above they are asking for, the deed poll is long gone

I've only a drivers license and birth certificate, I've told them that. I just keep going round in email circles with them

Suggestions?

Tell them to supply the SAR to your local branch then you will collect it there and provide proof of identity at the same time.

Pretty sure you can request a copy of the Deed Poll

http://www.deedpoll.org.uk/ObtainingCopyLostDeedPoll.html

http://www.deedpoll.org.uk/HowToApply.html

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

(Just as I posted the thread)

They responded and said:

Good morning

Many thanks for your email. I have checked our systems and this has been updated but the branch did not tell us. I can now confirm however that your request has now been passed through to be assigned to a case handler.

Apologies for the delay.

Kind regards

Thanks!

Thanks for updating us

Please fill in your quit date here