Cabot chasing 6years + santander car loan CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I'm new here so I apologise if I am posting in the wrong place.

Long story short

I have received a letter from Cabot advising that they are going to instruct a company called Resolvecall to call at my house and "put me back in touch with them".

This is regarding a loan which was a CCJ but that dropped off 18 months ago.

I have received nothing else regarding this debt I just realised there was a CCJ logged on my credit file.

I was very ill and going through a difficult separation when this debt defaulted (originally Santander) and missed one payment.

Despite me offering to catch up by paying £50 extra per month Santander refused and it has never been resolved from there.

Do I ignore the letter in the hope they won't bother to send someone round?

I have looked at all the other threads but am confused regarding CCJ's over 6 years old which weren't enforced during that 6 years.

Thanks in advance!

resolvecall ae a powerless DCA and are NOT BAILIFFs

but I doubt they'll call anyway,

as for it not being enforced within 6yrs

they can try

but probably wont succeed.

only start to worry if the court write to you

or

a real court bailiff.

so why did you not defend the original claim?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply.

In all honesty I can't remember what happened with it

I remember someone coming round from Santander at the time and saying they needed to take my car away

(it was an unsecured loan so I wouldn't let them) but I was suffering depression at the time.

I haven't heard from anyone since until I got this letter from Cabot

Did you mean that the loan had dropped off but the CCJ was still on there?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Then it's as DX100 says, they would need to go back to court to enforce this and it's not very likely they would win, as it's more than 6 years old. Therefore the only letters you need to worry about are one's from a court. The chances of this happening are vanishingly unlikely.

Anything from Cabot or likewise is just trying to scare you into paying something that 99% chance you really don't need to worry about. Cabot have zero legal right to enforce this, and I seriously doubt anyone will call around.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I just had a Santander CCJ drop off my credit file this month, that's why your thread resonated with me. In my case they made no effort to enforce the CCJ, never even bothered trying to contact me. I will certainly take my own advice if the same thing happens to me.

The chance of them being allowed to enforce the CCJ after all this time is pretty much nil. Out of the tens if not hundreds of thousands of CCJ's that have expired, perhaps less than 1% have been allowed to be enforced.

Cabot have bought a bunch of bad debts and seem to be going through their old portfolios lately, and chasing people, even though theres no way they can win. They know that many people think that cabot is a legal body and can do anything, so they take advantage of it

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

so satans bank wanted to repo a car that was subject to an unsecured pers loan..

urm.. I wonder if it was one of their whereby the car was just listed as goods and it wasn't HP either

naughty on them...

but I suspect it wasn't satans bank at your door anyway but some powerless repo agent they sent.you'd probably paid more than 1/3rd anyway I bet!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No such thing if its an unsecured personal loan..there are no listed goods...and as far as Im aware Santander do not do HP.

Possibly some DCA acting as a bailiff and threatening to take the car...if they legally could of they would of.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

and they

Provided by the dealer not directly from Santander personal loans.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread