gazza v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

first time on here i have just filed my report on hmcs against the halifax first letter just the standard letter back after the LBA offer of £312 over the last 6 years they have charged me £1330 worked out with the interest to £1716 does that sound about right. did the claim yesterday is it 14 days from then when i win by defalt :confused: hope someone can help

• 2 weeks later...

help the halifax have until 11th dec to file a defence called customer servicers today to see if they where going to defend the case they said they had not got the letter from court so i called the local branch where the court letter was sent they said they faxed it a few days ago to head office what should be my steps before the 11th dec when the deadline for there defence runs out any suggestions would be very welcome

Gary you don't have to do anything, just sit and wait. If they dont file a defence by 11th December you will be able to start judgment. I would not phone them if i was you they will just fob you off. Chances are they will file their defence or pay up before the 11th.

Hope this helps

Karen

I moved your thread to the right forum for you.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thank you caro called the bank back today sorry molly but saw your reply after the call they siad they had recived a fax from court now and they will be sending me a letter before the deadline 11th do you think it will be a refund or that they are going to defend????????

Could be settlement if they are sending it to you. I have recieved 3 defences and they have all come to me via the court not the bank so fingers crossed. The Halifax, in my case did say they were going to defend but paid up before having to. Good luck Gary, let us know how you get on.

Karen

They seems to be submitting a defence for almost every case, but don't worry about it as they always withdraw before the court date.

Follow your timetable and watch for the post with the letter saying they have withdrawn from proceedings... They may send another offer letter, if you get one of those you can ignore it if you wish, just let the court action take it's course.

With any luck you'll have this sorted before Christmas !

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

In effect, yes - thay have extended the timescale to, hey, December 25th!!

Chances are that you'll get paid out just before this, word has it on a Wednesday, so could run as close as the 20th? No guarantees on that, just my guesswork I'm afraid.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi Some people say to send a schedule of charges to the northhampton court. When i asked about this at the northampton court they told me under no circumstance should i send them anything they are just a bulk handling centre. They said once the bank submits a defence it can go no further on line and will be passed to my local court, if i wanted to send anything then i could (to my local court). I didnt send anything, they put in their defence but there was no time to transfere it to my local court as they paid out as soon as they had submited their defence. If i was you i would just wait.

Hope this helps

I agree. Just wait.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

All part of the game, they don't have to tell you if they do.

Some people call the court just after the date for submitting a defence, just to check if one has been files. If they have not put one in by then they are usually about to pay up. Even with a defence lodged, they'll cough up just before the 14 days are up.

If they have entered a defence then the court would probably send you a copy of that. Most of the time it does not seem to matter, just wait for the letter telling you the money is yours again.

i am going to have a very merry christmas not bad to say my claim at start was £1330 i am working tommorrow but will be calling home to see if the postman has been. i have to sign an acceptance form would it be better to take it to my branch at meadowhall and ask them to fax it to head office dont want it getting lost in christmas post. any boby know how long it takes for money to be in my account after they have got my signature

YIPPEEE! Another winner...

If they play fair then you should get the money into your account almost straight away. When you get the letter, phone and tell them you are accepting, and the quickest route would be to get the branch to fax a copy of this over.

If it were me, I'd be on my way to Halifax to hand it over in person - if only I could be sure that was the right office, as they seem to have departments all over the place.

As long as you are happy with the outcome of course.