style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked at Nene Park, Peterborough on Friday 1st June 2018 for 50 minutes.

My daughter met me and parked up as well.

We paid cash for both cars at the same machine.

We both received a parking charge notice on 18th June dated the 14th June.

After several letters and emails, we have now received a Take Formal Notice letter from Equita stating that the matter has now been passed to Equita Ltd with instructions to recover the outstanding sum of £110.00.

In my very first e-mail on the 18th June, I wrote I have today received a letter from yourselves.

They are obviously ignoring this information.

The amount due keeps going up.

04/12/18 Take formal notice threatening that non payment could lead to legal action through the county court.

21/12/18 Take Formal Notice letter. Quoting Supreme Court decision parkingeye v Beavis (2015).

Do I continue to ignore these letters?

Interestingly Nene Park Trust are of no help.

However, Park with ease no longer operate the car parking at Nene Park.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
Upated

Read the rest of the forums. Advice will be the same. You paid for a ticket so they suffered no loss. Equita are a silly DCA in this instance, and they cant do a thing, even though theyll try.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Read the rest of the forums. Advice will be the same. You paid for a ticket so they suffered no loss. Equita are a silly DCA in this instance, and they cant do a thing, even though theyll try.

The issue is that we paid cash. For some reason the machine did not register the two transactions so the parking company is saying that we did not pay. We have no receipt.

You mean they say it didnt register. Remember, PPC's arent exactly reputable companies.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 1st June 2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 14th June 2018

3 Date received 18th June 2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Not that I can find

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Both Park with Ease and Nene Park Trust have checked the system and both say the payments are both outstanding. The evidence is stacked against us. I have an e-mail which states that there are no obvious signs that we made any mistakes as we keyed in the number plates

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal]We appealed to Park with ease who rejected the appeal. I have contacted the Nene Park Trust - no help.

1st letter of Appeal:

I visited Ferry Meadows briefly after work on 01.06.18 and have received a fine for non payment from18:39:42 to 19:29:46 .

My son in law paid for the parking along with his car xx at the same time so the payment for my car should be at the same time as his.

Can you just double check those times please.

I don’t know what has gone wrong here.

I don’t know whether it makes any difference, but on that particular evening I drove up to the watersports carpark, met my daughter and grandchildren, went for a short walk and then drove back down to the carpark near the visitors centre.

I went to park next to my daughter’s car and had to drive in one car parking area, then out and round the little roundabout still within the car park and back in to the end car parking area to find them.

I then parked up for a short period and then paid at the machine at the furthest point from the visitors centre before we left.

I presumed that all car parks would be linked.

If they are separate, then is there a payment for my car xxxx any later? Unfortunately I cant remember what time we actually left that day.

I have just received this letter today on 18.06.18.

We are going to check whether we have a receipt for payment but since it is now 18 days later, the chances are that the receipt has been thrown away.

I look forward to you shedding any light on the situation.

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Thank you for your email

RESPONSE:

Upon entering the site you entered into a contract to pay for the parking that was due at the time or up to 48 hours following your departure (online) or pay a parking charge notice (reduced if paid within 14 days).

The signage on site clearly states that charges are in place 24 hours a day on all days and apply to all vehicles. This site has in excess of 30 signs, including at the entrance, exit and throughout the park including on the over flow car park area. In addition, there are also 7 payment machines within the park for payment to be made or the option to make payment via our website up to 48 hrs after visit. This information is also contained on the Ferry Meadows website.

Having checked all the payments made during you visit I am unable to see a payment for your registration or anything I might assume is an incorrect entry of your registration, therefore the parking charge has been issued correctly.

You can pay your parking charge notice online at or by sending a cheque or postal order to Park With Ease, Unit F, The Court, Kestrel Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1SF.

The Independent Appeals Service provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the IAS Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection.

If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). In order to appeal the IAS will need your parking charge number, your vehicle registration and the date the charge was originally issued.

Please note, the 14 day reduced period is not held whilst an appeal is in place.

Kind Regards

Jane

Customer Services

There are further e-mails when we realise that my daughter has also received a parking charge. I looked at appealing through the IAS but there was so much conflicting information and previous threads on different forums suggested that we had no concrete evidence that would be upheld. However, I posted a post on our local facebook page to find numerous other people had been caught out just like us. Now I am panicking and wondering whether I have made the right decision in holding out.

7 Who is the parking company? Park with ease

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Nene Park, Peterborough

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

I have been paying cash in car parks for years so this idea that I need to verify any cash payment is a new and I admit a potentially expensive concept.

In general do people keep their leisure parking tickets for longer than 18 days? I do now. Well I avoid cash in car parks!!

Edited by dx100uk
merge

the issue here is they now know you are a mug that hasn't researched before appealing

and have now shot yourself in the foot twice too.

you've called it a fine in your appeal email..it is NOT a fine, its a speculative invoice for some mystical contract you've entered into by going in the car park.

2nd, you've identified the drivers' of the vehicle, so that sadly negates any protection pofa gave you..ie their NTK's are effectively out of time.

the saving grace is because their ANPR system is so crap it cant simply workout 7 cars went out they have payment and reg for 9 cars..for want of a differing number, is now their problem.

stop all comms, certainly NEVER EVER use email

gives them a free way to harass you.

pers i'd sit on your hands now and only worry about this if you get a LETTER OF/BEFORE CLAIM from their favourite fake/tame paper only solicitor, then comeback here

lots of threads here to read , then you'll get the idea for doing things correctly next time.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But 99% of people blindly cough up and think they are fines anyay

Sorry but joe public are mugs

Exactly the same as they think a dca is a bailiff

and they