Help I think they're taking me to court!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

If someone could shed any light on this I will be eternally grateful.

Yesterday I finally got a letter from DG Solicitors offering a payment of £1198 as a full and final settlement. I was obviously pleased until today when I have received a transfer of proceedings to my local court! They seem to have filed a defence. I have called the court and asked for advice as both letters seem to contradict themselves, they have no answers. they suggested I speak to DG Solicitors but I cannot get hold of them now. Does anyone have any experience of this kind of practise?

it's just a sort of two pronged thing. they are dealing with your claim, thus, the offer - just send the rejection template letter, letting them know that you will not accept less than 100% -

at the same time - their 28 day deadline was looming so they automatically file a defense - yes, they did this to me and many more. on the paper work from the court there is a deadline for the aq to be submitted. that's the deadline you need to keep in mind now.

send your rejection letter tomorrow, recorded delivery and if you haven't heard back from them in about 5 days - i'd call - and talk to them. but first things first - they aren't going to court - just buying more time - so hold fast, you are nearly there -

one last little morsel - if they were so sure "they would win in court" blah- blah-blah - why oh why would they offer a bean, never mine £1198 (i take it your claim is in the region of 1400-1500?!).

your are almost there - you should be able to smell the money! keep going.

Thanks for the advice, just needed to check that I didn't need to get my suit out! I will try and speak to the solicitors tomorrow ayway just to check. My claim was for £1298 so I was quite happy with their offer and going to accept it. What will happen if I do reject it? Also any idea what happens to the £120 fees that I had to pay to mcol?

Thanks again!

i logged off before your reply, sure hope you listened to tom. for the sake of one more letter and probably just one more week - you would get your full offer - the 120 for the mcol has become a part of your claim, if you settle for less than the full amount - dg/hsbc will really appreciate it! this is just one of their little ploys - we have all been there - 9 out of 10 get a reduced offer and if you turn it down - they all get the full offer within a week. hope you didn't accept it today, if you did by telephone - you could still say you want to carry on - i'd send a letter saying so. if you actually signed the offer and returned it - i'm afraid it's a done deal. let us know what you decided.

• Haha 1

and if you need one more little shove in that direction - ask yourself when was the last time the let you off when they considered you owed it to them ? - turn about is fair play - even when banks don't play fair or by the rules. here's the template for the rejection letter:

Rejection of settlement offer

and as i said above: on that letter you got from the court - there is a deadline for filing your aq. that is now the date you are working towards and you might mention in your letter (reword that "mindful about not incurring anymore costs, blah, blah" ) and say you are sure they would want to settle quickly before your aq is filed which would add to the total of what you require to settle your claim.

and one more piece of advice, don't halt your claim until you have the money in your hand. you are soooo close.